Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any HUGE Chad Dawson fans here...are you a BIG fan of his?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never really like him or his style.

Comment

He is clearly talented and gifted physically but there is just something missing.... mentally he lacks what it takes to be great, and he just dont have that X Factor either. Not a fan of how he's been going through the trainers, especially yourself Scully but i read ur article (in boxing news if i remember rightly) where u said u knew going in that if he lost u were gone which is a sad state of affairs.... Love those lil pieces u do for that mag though man

Comment

LarryX In box me ur name and address...

Comment

a huge chad dawson fan?

i drove ~ 6 hours to see him fight in CT. paid 600 for three ringside seats, too, for my brother, myself, and my father.

at times he does things inside and outside of the ring that are hard to support.

along those lines i cannot call myself a "huge dawson fan." i appreciate what he does. he's a local fighter whose roots are similar to my own.

the fighters of whom i am most fond are usually the warriors with high level skills. i can't help it. a dog is fond of a bone.

i've always thought of chad as "damn, if this kid only let his hands go he'd be the best thing since they started slicing bread," kind of fighter.
          Last edited by New England; 01-21-2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            i've always thought of chad as "damn, if this kid only let his hands go he'd be the best thing since they started slicing bread," kind of fighter.
            I promise you, New England, I told him that almost word for word 100 times over the last two years...I used to tell him, "If people could see you fight the way I know you can you'd be peoples favorite fighter. Just stop thinking so much and do your thing, let your hands go and let it all come out."

Comment

scully, do you think chad will fight bellew if bellew comes through his fight with chilemba?and does bellew have a chance if they do fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                I promise you, New England, I told him that almost word for word 100 times over the last two years...I used to tell him, "If people could see you fight the way I know you can you'd be peoples favorite fighter. Just stop thinking so much and do your thing, let your hands go and let it all come out."
                I believe it was the great man in your avvy with u that said it best(about Jimmy Ellis being an intelligent thinking fighter) "All the time he's thinking, im hitting em!"

Comment

Biggest Dawson fan on here is a poster is a poster called Boxing Wizard. He's been nuthugging Dawson and Eddie Chambers with the gusto typical of an extreme Pactord or Flowmo

This thread was made for him.

Poor bastard.

Comment

On a scale of 1 - 10 how accurate was Floyd SR when he said Chad was a ******? Seems like he was sharp shooting on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post

why do you think he was so hesitant to let his hands go?

Comment

Working...
                      X