No announcement yet.

Would Golovkin beat Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golvokin would be tiny at 168 pounds.

I really hope his managers are not serious about fighting at 168, that would be a massive mistake. He needs to stay at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      After Golovkin's impressive victory over Rosado, does anyone think would beat Froch?

Bear in mind that like Froch, GGG has already wins over Bute and Dirrell.

Including an amateur fight is absolutely ridiculous. It means nothing in professional boxing. Jorge Luis Gonzalez-Riddick Bowe, Randy Shields-Ray Leonard, Tyson-Tillman and countless others.

Comment

Gotta go with The Cobra, too big.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Not a chance.

Froch would maul him. I think he'd win just about every round on the way to a stoppage win.

I also think Abraham would beat GGG.
          Golovkin is a lot better than AA. He's actually skilled, AA boxes by the numbers Wegner style. He could become the first guy to stop Abe, you can't be sitting on the ropes against this guy, like AA loves to do.

That's not to say AA can't KO him, but after seeing Stieglitz take everything AA had, highly doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Golovkin is a lot better than AA. He's actually skilled, AA boxes by the numbers Wegner style. He could become the first guy to stop Abe, you can't be sitting on the ropes against this guy, like AA loves to do.

That's not to say AA can't KO him, but after seeing Stieglitz take everything AA had, highly doubtful.
            i would actually pick AA over golavkin..............no question in my mind AA would pound golavkin with flush counter shots.........

look at the guys that AA has lost to. dirrell, ward, froch. do you honestly think golavkin would beat any of these 3 guys? not even close.
            Last edited by Godsfly; 01-20-2013, 03:01 PM.

Comment

He;s better, not a lot better IMO.

However, nobody is knocking Abraham out, it's simply not happening. Only boxers who have moved well have beat Abraham, GGG has not shown he can do that. He's shown he can physically bully mismatch opponents....he's not doing that against Abraham.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                He;s better, not a lot better IMO.

However, nobody is knocking Abraham out, it's simply not happening. Only boxers who have moved well have beat Abraham, GGG has not shown he can do that. He's shown he can physically bully mismatch opponents....he's not doing that against Abraham.
                He's shown he can do it in the amateurs. I know it doesn't count, but it's better than never showing it, like AA during his MW reign.

AA has a great chin no doubt, but he's soft to the body and languishes on the ropes. He got totally shut down by Froch's jab. Worse yet, he hasn't really shown much power since he's been beating up on scrubs at middle. Did you catch any of his last 3 fights?

Comment

Yeah, right up until Abraham fought Froch he was one of the favorites to win the super 6 and considered a killer, same way Lucian Bute was considered a killer until he fought Froch

it's funny how these guys suddenly become bums after fighting Froch

I think Abe vs Golovkin is a good fight, Abraham has problems with tall, long guys who can use range and stay away from the trouble, against a guy a touch smaller than him who will engage it'd be a very interesting fight.

I think Abraham should go back to 160, and Golovkin should stay at that weight, guys under 5'11" are giving up too much size at 168lb

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    After Golovkin's impressive victory over Rosado, does anyone think would beat Froch?
                    u wot?

Bear in mind that like Froch, GGG has already wins over Bute and Dirrell.
                    I think Vanes might also have a win over Dirrell in the amateurs. Maybe Bradley too?

It doesn't mean much at all. At all.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      Yeah, right up until Abraham fought Froch he was one of the favorites to win the super 6 and considered a killer, same way Lucian Bute was considered a killer until he fought Froch

it's funny how these guys suddenly become bums after fighting Froch

I think Abe vs Golovkin is a good fight, Abraham has problems with tall, long guys who can use range and stay away from the trouble, against a guy a touch smaller than him who will engage it'd be a very interesting fight.

I think Abraham should go back to 160, and Golovkin should stay at that weight, guys under 5'11" are giving up too much size at 168lb
                      None of them are bums, other than Mack lol. AA was more effective at 160, but can't make it now. But he never faced anyone worthwhile at 160, and got outboxed quite often by mediocre comp, but was able to overpower them late. The division was pure trash at the time, you probably had Sylvester, Gevor, Lorenzo and Asikainen as top contenders.

Comment

Working...
                      X