Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux; FACTS!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed is off the charts in this one and both basically prime.. there might be other fights to make in the division, but still can't get much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
      Speed is off the charts in this one and both basically prime.. there might be other fights to make in the division, but still can't get much better.
      Agree on all counts. I only wish Rigo could've built up to this fight with a couple of quality opponents. It was a damn shame the Poonsawat fight fell through. (Wishing Poon a full recovery from his illness, BTW.) Still, this ought to be a terrific fight. If nothing else, it'll answer some questions many of us have.

Comment

• I'll be glad when this is set in stone. This should be the most technical fight of the year and the most important match of the year. It will finally give a definitive answer as to how good each guy really is.

Comment

• I see Rigo winning this. Donair gets hit too much but has devastating power,if he tags Rigo with that big left hook of his early he can win but Rigo is elusive. I wish Rigo had some more meaningful pro fights under his belt. I am not totally convinced he has made the transition from amateur to pro mindset and fight management wise but skill level wise he is way ahead of Donair. Donair needs to take him out early to win this and shock Rigo very early with his power shots. If it settles into a boxing match I see Donair's face being bust up.

Comment

• 25yr old Rigondeaux vs Ali Hallab (currently 13-0-1 7K.Os in the pro ranks)

19yr old Rigondeaux makes his olympic debut vs Moez Zemzemi

[IMG][/IMG]

Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Ramiro Rojas

Comment

• Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Murat Airmasov

Comment

• Rigondeaux vs Petchkoom

Comment

• Amateur fights??? Great

Comment

• Originally posted by Drag-On View Post
                    Amateur fights??? Great

Whats wrong with posting amateur fights of one of the greatest amateur boxers to ever live on a boxing forum exactly?

Some great footage IMO & I hadn't seen the Rojas fight before.

Comment

• Rigo needs to come on strong early. He can't allow Donaire to try and steal rounds with late flurries. Not saying he needs to open up completely and get reckless... But I do believe he's gonna have to "roll the dice" a few times in this fight. I think any round that's close will get scored for Donaire. Rigo needs to focus on winning 7 rounds in a dominating fashion. Donaire can afford to look bad and win. Rigo must look good and win.

With all that said I still think Rigo edges it 7-5.

Comment

Working...
                      X