Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux; FACTS!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't matter what anyone thinks check the rankings Rigondeaux is #1, Donaire is the champion. This is the best fight that can be made in the division.

Comment

• Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
      I am not putting down the amateur careers but you got to understand this is the pros.

I understand and the guys been a pro now for nearly 4 years, toyed with all comers & became a world champion in only his 8th pro fight.

You guys may feel you have to have 30 fights pro experience these days before challenging for a world title but I don't.

He is ready for Donaire and as ready as he'll ever be.

Once he beats Donaire, a few legitimate boxing fans will give him huge respect but the rest are too predictable. It really will be a case of ''Oh he is so boring''
      ''He is too defensive zzz'' ''I still say he has a glass chin''
      Haters.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Vasquez Jr & Nishioka are smaller than Donaire and Mathebula is anorexic.

They have been campaigning at 122 for awhile. Damn, is it Donaire's fault that Mathebula is freaking tall and skinny.

You talking like the 3 i mentioned are midgets and Rigo's opponents are monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          Doesn't matter what anyone thinks check the rankings Rigondeaux is #1, Donaire is the champion. This is the best fight that can be made in the division.

Nicely put.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Doesn't matter what anyone thinks check the rankings Rigondeaux is #1, Donaire is the champion. This is the best fight that can be made in the division.
            Pretty much all that has to be said, really.

I got 300 billion on Rigo when the fight goes down...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              Pretty much all that has to be said, really.

I got 300 billion on Rigo when the fight goes down...
              Me too I have 100 billions in Rigo when the fight goes down...

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                So DC from your post what I have gathered is that Donaire is a hype job correct.?.?.?

So for arguments sake lets just say Donaire beats Rigo...... Does beating this one man validate his career up to this point for you???

I would say overrated more than a hypejob. He is a good fighter but I don't think he is great or as good as other people do.
                IF he beats Rigondeaux I will fully admit I was wrong and give him massive props.

Even if he gets KTFO in 1, I will still give him his due for making this fight happen against who I consider to be an elite level talent and the #1 at 122.

Comment

I understand and the guys been a pro now for nearly 4 years, toyed with all comers & became a world champion in only his 8th pro fight.

You guys may feel you have to have 30 fights pro experience these days before challenging for a world title but I don't.

He is ready for Donaire and as ready as he'll ever be.

Once he beats Donaire, a few legitimate boxing fans will give him huge respect but the rest are too predictable. It really will be a case of ''Oh he is so boring''
                  ''He is too defensive zzz'' ''I still say he has a glass chin''
                  Haters.
                  Hey, that is great that at his 8th fight he is a champion already. But look at his age when he started, 28 1/2 years old. As a fighter, Would you like to go to the route of waiting 4-5 years before becoming just a contender or a world title shot. Would the promoter put on money on a fighter at his age and that amount of time to give him a title shot.

I am not hating on Rigo, you guys are hyping him up so bad. You guys are the "haters", hating on Donaire.

Comment

• Donaire by KO or Rigo by decision. I think that's a decent prediction.

The problem is that Rigondeaux isn't a young fighter. Most of his development took place in the amateurs, and that can be a bad thing in the pros, regardless of his pure talent.

I'm rooting for Rigo in this one. I like Donaire alright, but it'd be cool to see Rigondeaux break out. That said, there's definitely the chance he's too green when it comes to the pros. Although his survival skills are probably very good, and I think he's a damned smart fighter, the chin does worry me slightly. He'll definitely take a flush shot or two.

I see Rigo either outboxing Donaire or getting KO'd himself. Of course, Donaire could win a D but I think my prediction gives both fighters the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

* 7 time Cuban national champion

* Two time world amateur champion

* Two time olympic gold medalist

* Has never been knocked down in sparring

* In 392 recorded amateur fights, he was never knocked down!

* Only fighter in history to win 100 fights consecutively, twice!

* WBA world champion in only his 7th pro fight.

* 11-0 as a pro, 8 K.Os 72.73% K.O ratio

* Has stopped or dropped every opponent he has faced as a pro

* No fighter he has ever faced has been able to land above 16% of their shots inc jabs (Only 2 have got over 10% Marroquinn & Corboda)

* In 54/58 rounds boxed as a professional his opposition have only been able to land 7 or less punches per round. (Marroquinn landed less than 5 punches in 7 of the 12 rounds & the most he landed was 10. Ramos landed 15/114 over a 6 round period - 13%, Corboda managed 78/506 - 15%)
                      Last fact....
                      * 99% of his fights have been against amateurs.

Comment

Working...
                      X