Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Rips Hopkins on HBO, Malignaggi-Mosley on SHO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what you do if your biggest business rival is slipping in your mind? You put it to them by doing better than them and taking their market share~

You don't however ***** and moan about how bad what they are doing is because you don't want them to fix that issue~

Arum be slippin~

Comment

The old man is obviously loosing it, boxers is how he's made his freaking living for a large part of his life and now that some older boxers are still fighting to make what little income they can, he trows and tantrum and opposes them!! what gives this old jerk the right??? does he own the networks?? does he feel above all the boxer who fill his pockets, this SOB should be helping them not criticizing them...[IMG]//www.flickr.com/photos/butcher007/5521243991/[/IMG]

Comment

It's all true. We thought Hershman at HBO would be a godsend, but HBO has mostly ben business-as-usual with him in charge, while the Showtime we knew and loved is completely destroyed.

Comment

The old man is obviously loosing it, boxers is how he's made his freaking living for a large part of his life and now that some older boxers are still fighting to make what little income they can, he trows and tantrum and opposes them!! what gives this old jerk the right??? does he own the networks?? does he feel above all the boxer who fill his pockets, this SOB should be helping them not criticizing them...[IMG]5521243991/[/IMG]

Comment

This pieces of **** is taking shots at Hopkins? The same Hopkins that made his fighter (Pavlik) look like a b*tch! I hope Hopkins do him one when he sees this old fart, This senile old ****er would never see reasons behind a Decision that doesn't favour his own promotional company, after all what Hopkins has done and gave to boxing and HBO then he deserve to go out on HBO against another young and hungrier fighter, As for the Mosley stuff well this is the same man that puts him in against Pacquiao? Right.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
              I gotta give it to Hopkins. He's an amazing opportunist. Cloud deserved that loss vs Campillo so now he comes to fight Cloud and some of his fans make it seem like Cloud has never lost. Still a decent fight, he's fighting someone in his own division and not someone coming up in weight.
              Were Pacal and Dawson coming up in weight? You talk as if Hopkins has made a career out of that which is pretty dumb to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                Hate to say it but the old man has a point. HBO is wasting valuable resources on 2 fights that nobody is interested in.
                speak for yourself i cant wait for the hopkins fight.

Comment

I think the mosley fight is bulls#it to me it looks like gbp is trying to set up another easy fight for danny garcia. He moves up. And their is no lucas mathyse fight. Just another way to avoid hard fights

Comment

Originally posted by LAFIRPO View Post
                    I have to agree. I'll be the first to admit Hopkins is one of the best fighters of this generation, however, I also have to admit that the fights he's had for the past 12 years have put me to sleep.

Hopkins is like that independent film that wins all the awards but is incredibly boring to watch.
                    Though a lot of people watch them. Hopkins is a legend and very well known in casual fans minds. People tune in to see the guy fight regardless of how it plays out. Mosley-Mal isn't the best fight but its also two known guys and people will watch it regardless. What young fighters do you want to showcase and headline a card? It's hard to get casuals interested enough to tune into people they know nothing about. Hopkins fight should be good, Mosley not so much but either way they're not as terrible as Arum makes them out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                      Though a lot of people watch them. Hopkins is a legend and very well known in casual fans minds. People tune in to see the guy fight regardless of how it plays out. Mosley-Mal isn't the best fight but its also two known guys and people will watch it regardless. What young fighters do you want to showcase and headline a card? It's hard to get casuals interested enough to tune into people they know nothing about. Hopkins fight should be good, Mosley not so much but either way they're not as terrible as Arum makes them out to be.
                      But how will you attract casual boxing fans if the fights are boring? And how many casual boxing fans really tune in on a regular basis? The casual boxing fan knows 2-3 fighters and watches 2-3 fights a year. The people who support boxing are the ones who watch boxing on a regular basis and get crapped on by the networks by staging crappy fights.

What will attract fans is having entertaining fights. And whether you like it or not Knockouts is what brings the crowd.

Hopkins, as genius as a fighter he is, is boring to watch. And boring will not bring in more casual fans. That is why Gatti, who at the most was a B level fighter, brought in fans whether he lost or won, becase they knew somebody was getting knocked out.

Comment

Working...
                      X