Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd "retire" in 2007 because he was shook by the 147 division heating up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would Margarito intimidate Floyd? Margarito is your typical old school Mexican fighter.

His defense was weak sauce. You could hit Margarito from your dressing room. His punches were slow and wild.

Old Shane Mosley exposed him. Gutted him like a fish.

Margarito was never a serious enough threat for Floyd to duck. He was never on Floyd's level. Period. Even after he beat Cotto with the BRICKS, he still was not a threat.

Margarito is a BUM in comparison to Mayweather. Mayweather would have GATTI'd Margarito.

If the fight didn't happen, so what????

Who the F*** was/is Margarito?

The dude can't even get sanctioned to box in certain states anymore. He's a BUM always was a BUM and always will be a BUM.

Next I'll be hearing Floyd DUCKED RANDALL BAILEY.

Anyone who believes Margarito posed any threat to Floyd need not watch boxing anymore b/c it's clear you don't know s*** about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by malcolm View Post
      Why would Margarito intimidate Floyd? Margarito is your typical old school Mexican fighter.

His defense was weak sauce. You could hit Margarito from your dressing room. His punches were slow and wild.

Margarito was never a serious enough threat for Floyd to duck. He was never on Floyd's level. Period. Even after he beat Cotto with the BRICKS, he still was not a threat.

Margarito is a BUM in comparison to Mayweather. Mayweather would have GATTI'd Margarito.

The dude can't even get sanctioned to box in certain states anymore. He's a BUM always was a BUM and always will be a BUM.

Anyone who believes Margarito posed any threat to Floyd need not watch boxing anymore b/c it's clear you don't know s*** about it.
      Still awarding fantasy wins and forfeits, I see. Good lord you guys are dedicated!:gay:

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
        Still awarding fantasy wins and forfeits, I see. Good lord you guys are dedicated!:gay:
        Just trying to be like you haters. That's all ya'll do is sit around boxing forums and create fantasy opponents that floyd is ducking.

Comment

• i honestly believe Floyd was ducking. Look at the prime Cotto/Margy/Williams he ducked. There was a time when Williams v Floyd was one of THE most anticipated fights out there.
          Floyd on TV said he didn't want to fight Cotto or Marg because they had losses..wtf?

He said he wouldn't fight Mosley cos he didn't fight guys with 5 losses on their resume...wtf?

Floyd is a skilled fighter with little heart and that whole argument that fighters are neevr scared cos it takes guts to get in the ring is BS, I've been in a fight many times and there have been moments I've seen fighters get in the ring and almost piss themselves when they see their opponent.

Floyd was shook of those guys, he wanted the easy paydays.

Comment

Just trying to be like you haters. That's all ya'll do is sit around boxing forums and create fantasy opponents that floyd is ducking.
            Yep!...just like I said, bunch of zelenoff's.

Comment

• Word is, he had to clean up his piss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
                Did Floyd "retire" after fighting the 140 boxer Ricky Hatton because he was shook at the idea of fighting all the prime welterweight at that time?

Mosley was still very good at that time, and he called Floyd out on ESPN in 2007. There were people like Margarito, prime Cotto, Clottey (who beat the former Floyd opponent Corrales), and Paul Williams.

Did Floyd "retire" to avoid those guys?

Floyd made Hatton move up to 147 and fight in his hometown, but Floyd would never consider moving up a weight division and fighting Vernon Forrest.
                I dont think Floyd wanted to rematch DLH. There first fight was a split decision and I think Floyd thought there was a probably he may lose a rematch so retired. 147 pound division was hot especially Margarito. Floyd did not want to fight Margarito. That was one of the biggest ducks of all-time in my book.

Comment

Why would Margarito intimidate Floyd? Margarito is your typical old school Mexican fighter.

Maybe Floyd just has a stuttering problem

Comment

• Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
                    Maybe Floyd just has a stuttering problem

This video is stupid and obviously made by a HATER.

At that time in Floyd's career he was looking for the OSCAR fight. That's where the money was at. Who would fight Margarito over De La Hoya?

That's like asking who would drive a FORD FOCUS if they could have a LAMBO?

Who would date CHRISTY MARTIN if you can date RONDA ROUSEY?

Margarito was/is a nobody. His career best win is KERMIT CINTRON.

LMAO at you fools thinking Mayweather ducked Margarito out of fear. I got some free air I'd like to sell you guys.

Comment

• And for the record, Floyd does stutter and repeat himself a lot when he talks.

I know the Margarito/Aztec WORSHIPERS would love to blame that on Margarito.

Sorry, it's genetic. His father slurs his words and so does Roger.

Comment

Working...
                      X