Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd "retire" in 2007 because he was shook by the 147 division heating up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flat1985 View Post
    Wow 111 - 14 i think its clear lol.
    Yes.

And the "yes" votes include fans of Floyd. This demonstrates the difference between his fans and his silly nuthuggers.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Yeah I did say that but I also said this on the first page:

So I don't know exactly where your trying to go with that.
      Apologies. You're in the minority of Floyd fans who are actually respectable.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldenAssassin View Post
        Oh stop, you know full well Oscar is much larger than Mayweather. Mayweather just doesn't fight catchweight fights which is why the Marquez CW bout was called off.
        That is the funniest line I read so far today! lol!

So the bigger guy didn't like the CW? lol! You know that it was supposed to be at 144lbs, Floyd came in at 146lbs and paid up ..... while Marquez was training for a fight that was expected to be at 144lbs?

Oscar was bigger but he was a part time fighter by then who was past his prime. Floyd knew that too! Oscar's trainer said he couldn't pull the trigger no more.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

So the bigger guy didn't like the CW? lol! You know that it was supposed to be at 144lbs, Floyd came in at 146lbs and paid up ..... while Marquez was training for a fight that was expected to be at 144lbs?

Oscar was bigger but he was a part time fighter by then who was past his prime. Floyd knew that too! Oscar's trainer said he couldn't pull the trigger no more.
          As stated by someone else, I think Mayweather was an ass for not making the agreed catchweight. Marquez is warrior for still going through with it.

On you second point, is that why Roach was blatant in accepting DLH's challenge and refusing Molsey's? According to Roach, when asked why they didn't fight Mosley back then it was because "He ain't Oscar. He's too good". And the thread starter is accusing Mayweather of waiting until Mosley was faded? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

Floyd didn't even try to lose the weight because the catchweight was no longer being done.

I didn't say Oscar wasnt inactive, I was saying Oscar was bigger. Freedom is just being a ****** troll saying he and Oscar are the same size LMAO

Comment

• Funny how most of those fighters was with Top Rank...as if Arum was really going to work with Mayweather right after Mayweather left his Promotion Company

People let the hate take over when talking about Mayweather, they don't think nor do they use any type of logic what so ever

as for who would have won those match ups...I wouldn't have given any of those fighters a chance against a Prime Mayweather...NO FUKIN CHANCE AT ALL! I would have preferred him fighting Winky Wright or Vernon Forrest, fighters I really think had a legit chance at beating him then compared to some fighters in which they build them up as the fighters "MAYWEATHER IS SCARED OF" but when he was with Top Rank I sure don't remember Arum ever talking about Mayweather vs Cotto or Mayweather vs Margarito then, he waited until Mayweather was ready to leave Top Rank...THEN HE OFFERED A FIGHTER WITH MARGARITO! When Mayweather turned it down a bought himself out of his Top Rank Contract, that is when Arum turned it into "HE TURNED DOWN A FIGHT WITH MARGARITO" but they always leave out that he did it to become Free to fight Oscar De La Hoya

But I get it, the story gets to reduced to "MAYWEATHER DUCKED THEM" because I guarantee a lot of you wasn't even really into boxing that much during that time so your just repeating what you heard other people say about the situation
              Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 01-19-2013, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
                As stated by someone else, I think Mayweather was an ass for not making the agreed catchweight. Marquez is warrior for still going through with it.

On you second point, is that why Roach was blatant in accepting DLH's challenge and refusing Molsey's? According to Roach, when asked why they didn't fight Mosley back then it was because "He ain't Oscar. He's too good". And the thread starter is accusing Mayweather of waiting until Mosley was faded? LOL
                A guy that had 1 fight at LW ducking a WW champ? Is that like Floyd ducking Ward?

Comment

• When Mosley challenged Pac, Pac had already fought DLH at 147.

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  A guy that had 1 fight at LW ducking a WW champ? Is that like Floyd ducking Ward?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post

Mosley discussions were after Oscar not before. Floyd did what you said and avoided Mosley and fought Oscar.

Manny was fighting at 130 the year before. People like Floyd and his camp are still bringing that up. So are some of his fans. How can Manny go from 130 to 147 and do what he did.

Now, let's be real. If you are in Manny's camp, you know that you are still uncertain if you can fight true WWs at that time. Not many people would have fought Oscar, Cotto, Clottey and Margarito as their 4 first fights at 147+. So they were cautious but still fought Cotto who beat Mosley! Once they saw that they can handle Cotto, a true WW then they were ready for anyone at WW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Yes.

And the "yes" votes include fans of Floyd. This demonstrates the difference between his fans and his silly nuthuggers.
                      30% of republicans still believe president obama wasn't born in america. That's the same mentality of most of the people who voted yes.

Comment

Working...
                      X