Comments Thread For: Rivera Wants To Revive The Gamboa-Juanma Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PETUFF View Post
    NOOO I rather see Juanma Lopez vs Caballero
    Cabellero? Cabellero makes no sense for either fighter.....Cabellero tried to get a fight with his mouth....didnt work.
    Originally posted by mightyfighter View Post
    There's not much point to be honest. Juanma is shot to pieces. Let's see how he does in his next fight first.
    Shot to pieces????? wtf.
    He lost two fights to the same guy and he is shot???

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
    both don't have the best chins in the world,should be a fun fight to watch
    I agree this is an entertaining fight. Two hard hitters with ko power and suspect chins...This is great. Plus the hype and trash talk.

I can just imagine and wonder if Gamboa will try and toy or showboat with Juan Ma...whew! Then maybe get caught and dropped while doing it. Then Gamboa gets up and fights serious and drops Juan Ma..Then world war 3 breaks out...Make it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
      I'm not sure why people would NOT wanna see the fight really. I'd love to see it personally.
      Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      Besides a fight with Broner what's the biggest fight for Gamboa out there? Simple... Juanma.
      I'm with you guys. I welcome it. Sure, it doesn't have anywhere near the same intrigue as it did before the coming of Salido, but it's still promises to be an exciting fight. Gamboa just fought Farenas. I'm supposed to prefer a fight like that over JuanMa? In the absense of a fight like Broner, or Uchiyama, I'll take Lopez any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Einstien View Post
        I agree this is an entertaining fight. Two hard hitters with ko power and suspect chins...This is great. Plus the hype and trash talk.

I can just imagine and wonder if Gamboa will try and toy or showboat with Juan Ma...whew! Then maybe get caught and dropped while doing it. Then Gamboa gets up and fights serious and drops Juan Ma..Then world war 3 breaks out...Make it happen!
        Great little scene you just wrote there. lol I can see it playing out like that, too, although I think Yuri will show some respect for JuanMa's power from the get-go.

Comment

After Juanma gets some of hes street cred back to make the fight at least look good, why not. Remember he got hes ass taxed twice by the guy Gamboa had just beat up easily so Juanma needs to overhaul that defense to make this fight credible.

Comment

Gamboa needs a win over a name to revitalize himself
            his career has lost some steam recently
            Lopez should be an easy UD for him
            after Salido, Lopez has to be low on confidence

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier
              Gamboa needs a win over a name to revitalize himself
              his career has lost some steam recently
              Lopez should be an easy UD for him
              after Salido, Lopez has to be low on confidence
              And Juanma doesn't? Gamboa just put on a great show on one of the biggest PPVs of 2012. Didn't look good while doing so but he got the job done. He provided the entertainment people were looking for.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Make this happen!!! Gamboa-Juanma still can be a good sell. Besides, you'd rather see them fight a bunch of bums at 130 instead of eachother???? That's dumb.

Comment

Juanma is still a money fight, which I remember from somewhere Gamboa saying he needs. I wonder if he ever bought back his gold medal.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                    Juanma is still a money fight, which I remember from somewhere Gamboa saying he needs. I wonder if he ever bought back his gold medal.
                    I wonder how much support JuanMa still has back on the island, after his two KO losses to Salido, his perceived diva-like attitude and his suspension for unproven allegations against a ref? I think hearing Gamboa's name might stoke people's interest...but it might not. They might've lost faith in Lopez and aren't interested in paying to see him possibly get sent into certain irrelevance.

Comment

I don't understand why ppl haven't c the fight with Farenas as it was, he fought a puncher in his prime that have nothing to loose after 15 months layoff, he loss only one round and he was putting a real hurt on the guy on that same round, he got caught by a punch that he never saw and get up and went after the guy, so that china chin myth should be put to rest, the same night Pacquio got caught by a similar punch (he never saw the punch) and they have to call the rescue to revive him, and he was putting the same pain on Marquez, stop with the BS and give credit where credit is do, Gamboa looked great against a young and hungry puncher considering all the time he was off...

Comment

Working...
                      X