Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko "dominate" Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
    What are you talking about?

I didn't say the uppercut had an effect on Vitali's vision or cut...

Read the comments, ******.
    No I know you didn't, but you were pointing up a particular uppercut. So I just became a little facetious, linking THAT uppercut to the cut eyebrow which was the cause of the stoppage.

Tut-tut......

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      Can I ask what you think Lennox Lewis had to be jealous of?

The Klitschko's were nothing at that point, just a couple of big brothers, what was there for an ATG HW champion to be jealous of?
      They were huge in Europe and big in America. Also Klitschko had been the #1 challenger for about a year and had been chasing Lewis for the fight.

They were all over English and European TV and involved in everything. I'm sure Lewis realised that his time was nearly passed and they were the coming craze, in fact they were already there, especially the younger Klitschko who was regarded as a better looking and better Lennox Lewis. In fact, his punches were delivered with picture-perfect precision and he looked just the best.

In fact, I think after the Ray Mercer fight, Larry Merchant said on TV "he looks so perfect, I wonder just what's wrong with him". And then one or two fights later he was TKO'd by Sanders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
        Because I don't agree with you? Yeh you shouldn't be.
        Because I saw you get straightened out in another thread. Still bent here, I see.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          That's just Bumfh, Lewis with his glib excuse. I don't know any fighter who gets his "second wind_ in the 4th rd of a lazy fight. If at all, it's normally about the 8th orA 9th rd.

All the same, Lewis was winning the fight until the KO. An I recall several experts were saying that Lewis was not allowing enough time before the fight to become aclimatized to the high elevation. Perhaps this had something to do with it as well as Rahman's fist.
          Lewis TKO6

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Because I saw you get straightened out in another thread. Still bent here, I see.
            I didn't get straightened out, we just didn't agree with each other. We both had our points.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              They were huge in Europe and big in America. Also Klitschko had been the #1 challenger for about a year and had been chasing Lewis for the fight.

They were all over English and European TV and involved in everything. I'm sure Lewis realised that his time was nearly passed and they were the coming craze, in fact they were already there, especially the younger Klitschko who was regarded as a better looking and better Lennox Lewis. In fact, his punches were delivered with picture-perfect precision and he looked just the best.

In fact, I think after the Ray Mercer fight, Larry Merchant said on TV "he looks so perfect, I wonder just what's wrong with him". And then one or two fights later he was TKO'd by Sanders.

Dude the younger Klit would have died Pre-Steward to even the Lewis that fought Vitali lol.

You can't seriously believe younger Klit was a threat to Lewis prior to Steward. Lol.

Younger Klitschko didn't even know he had stamina issues back than and he didn't even realize getting hit will cause him to freak.

Wladimir improved leaps and bounds since the early 2000's but if he had fought Lewis instead of Byrd or Mercer in 2000. he would have been flat on his back.

Comment

I didn't get straightened out, we just didn't agree with each other. We both had our points.
                And he stuck to his. Whatever. Anyway, we don't agree on Vitali and both feel strongly about it. My stance is simple but I'll keep repeating it because, over the past couple years, there's been some weird push to put the man at a level he has not attained in the ring. No, I don't believe Vitali Klitschko is on par in ability or accomplishments with a Lennox Lewis, not even close. The fact that this idea is based on a TKO loss is even more mind boggling.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  And he stuck to his. Whatever. Anyway, we don't agree on Vitali and both feel strongly about it. My stance is simple but I'll keep repeating it because, over the past couple years, there's been some weird push to put the man at a level he has not attained in the ring. No, I don't believe Vitali Klitschko is on par in ability or accomplishments with a Lennox Lewis, not even close. The fact that this idea is based on a TKO loss is even more mind boggling.
                  Vitali has been dominating, it's not his fault most of the opponents he faces aren't that good. I also don't get why people hold Lewis up to such a high standard, he's a great fighter but some exaggerate when it comes to him.

Comment

Vitali wasn't dominating Lewis, but he was winning the fight at the time of the stoppage.
                    He was losing the fight at the time of the stoppage.

All 3 judges gave round 6 to Lewis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                      He was losing the fight at the time of the stoppage.

All 3 judges gave round 6 to Lewis.
                      Vitali was ahead on the scorecards by two rounds at that point. That's what I meant.

Comment

Working...
                      X