Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko "dominate" Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox aka porsche

4 gears, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
      You are a guy who always either loves to talk nonsense or can't help himself.Every single thing you've said is highly hyperbolic nd exaggerated. Where the ****ens do you guys get "eye going to fall out" and all that crap. His eye was not even a tenth closed. He had a cut across his eyebrow, with no swelling, a bit of bruise below his eye with no swelling, and couple of small superficial cuts which had a little trickle down.This is all in the day's work for a fighter. They train for this sort of thing. it's the luck of the draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
        Why would he be full of malice? He's the last undisputed HW champion of the world. To some, he's the GOAT. He avenged all of his defeats (something Vitali and Wladimir have failed to do). Wladimir, of course, didn't have the opportunity to avenge Sanders defeat; but Vitali could have re-matched Byrd.

HBO were always hating on Lewis - desperate for him to lose. You always hear fighters promising rematches in the post-fight interviews (look at Danny Garcia after the Khan fight etc.). It means nothing.

What did Lewis have to gain?
        Not a single thing in your post has anything to do with Lewis's reasons for malice and jealousy. They are in his head and I can only state what I have seen and read. If you bring up Larry Merchant's after-fight Lewis interview, where he tries for 10 or more minutes to get Lewis to just "admit" that Klitschko was better than he thought and put up a good fight, you will see how Lewis wriggles and tries to avoid answering in any way complimentary. He's like a little kid after a schoolyard fight who won't admit have had a tough time, even though he's crying.

Then, why did Lewis phone and otherwise contact every single Klitschko opponent to give him advice on how to beat a Klitschko... and why did Lewis avoid the rematch, going as far as insisting that Klitschko travel to London to be examined by Lewis's doctor, because he, Lewis doesn't want the fans cheated when he'd cut up Klitschko's eye again.

Why did Lewis ignore the expected date of December 10th for the return, after agreeing to the fight...... AND, why did Lewis, after having been told by the WBC that they'd strip him in 90 days if the fight wasn't made, wait until the very last day before being stripped, to retire, all the time talking rubbish about the Klitschkos and about how great he, Lewis, was...... these things spell malice and jealousy to me. Some are envious of others no matter what glory they themselves have attained.

And that is Lewis right through and through.

Comment

I suppose that next you're going to "accuse" THAT uppercut of cutting Klitschko's eyebrow.

There's never any comment which can be suitably made to a guy who exaggerates and invents his facts the way you do. Of course you are not alone, there are loads of other TV watchers who see only the the hazy outline of what's really happening in the ring.

What are you talking about?

I didn't say the uppercut had an effect on Vitali's vision or cut...

Read the comments, ******.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            When Larry Merchant told him "it looked like you were getting tired" an incredulous Lewis responded, "I was just getting my second wind."
            That's just Bumfh, Lewis with his glib excuse. I don't know any fighter who gets his "second wind_ in the 4th rd of a lazy fight. If at all, it's normally about the 8th orA 9th rd.

All the same, Lewis was winning the fight until the KO. An I recall several experts were saying that Lewis was not allowing enough time before the fight to become aclimatized to the high elevation. Perhaps this had something to do with it as well as Rahman's fist.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              I'm not surprised.
              Because I don't agree with you? Yeh you shouldn't be.

Comment

Not a single thing in your post has anything to do with Lewis's reasons for malice and jealousy. They are in his head and I can only state what I have seen and read. If you bring up Larry Merchant's after-fight Lewis interview, where he tries for 10 or more minutes to get Lewis to just "admit" that Klitschko was better than he thought and put up a good fight, you will see how Lewis wriggles and tries to avoid answering in any way complimentary. He's like a little kid after a schoolyard fight who won't admit have had a tough time, even though he's crying.

Then, why did Lewis phone and otherwise contact every single Klitschko opponent to give him advice on how to beat a Klitschko... and why did Lewis avoid the rematch, going as far as insisting that Klitschko travel to London to be examined by Lewis's doctor, because he, Lewis doesn't want the fans cheated when he'd cut up Klitschko's eye again.

Why did Lewis ignore the expected date of December 10th for the return, after agreeing to the fight...... AND, why did Lewis, after having been told by the WBC that they'd strip him in 90 days if the fight wasn't made, wait until the very last day before being stripped, to retire, all the time talking rubbish about the Klitschkos and about how great he, Lewis, was...... these things spell malice and jealousy to me. Some are envious of others no matter what glory they themselves have attained.

And that is Lewis right through and through.
                Can I ask what you think Lennox Lewis had to be jealous of?

The Klitschko's were nothing at that point, just a couple of big brothers, what was there for an ATG HW champion to be jealous of?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
                  They were both gassed but cmon now. The fight I watched, Vitali def looked like he was more on the verge of stopping Lewis. But we will never know so screw it, but Vitali def deserves more respect than he gets on here. Im sure if a newer Lennox Lewis type guy was in Heavyweight, he wold gove him a hell pf a fight as well. Vitali is one tough bastard
                  Good points made.

Comment

• I still score the fight even. It's like when you score a very close fight where one fighter landed more punches while the other landed less but landed better ones. Lewis by far did the most damage, and I believe he would have knocked Vitali out in the next few rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                      I said numerous times that I would favor both Wlad and Lennox against Vitali prime for prime. I also said that Vitali's somehow fragile body is his biggest issue.
                      Although I favor both against Vitali I see it as close fights. In terms of percentage 60:40 (or 55:45) to Wlad/Lennox.

Vitali never had that one punch power. He is taking his opponents by accumulation of punches. That's how he got 90% of his KOs.
                      You've been making some good points. You're one of the best posters here.

Comment

Working...
                      X