Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan: If I Have No Chin, Why Doesn't Garcia Fight Me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    He's terrible IMO.
    Prescott's somewhat ungainly, but far from terrible. he can box a bit, can fight some on the inside, has certainly developed his skillset since the Khan/Mitchell days. his engine is pretty bad, but he outboxed McCloskey more proficiently than Khan did and he gave Alvarado a whole mess of problems. terrible fighters don't do that.

sidenote - i did watch Prescott's last fight, a rebuilding step after a brutal stoppage loss. as awkward a style as little Figueroa proved for him, Prescott barely lost a round (Figueroa scored a knockdown that had more to do with Prescott swinging himself off-balance with his own left hook than the force of the punch he caught).

this is the problem with boxing fans. too quick to throw out undeservedly disparaging categorical statements about fighters' abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
      Prescott's somewhat ungainly, but far from terrible. he can box a bit, can fight some on the inside, has certainly developed his skillset since the Khan/Mitchell days. his engine is pretty bad, but he outboxed McCloskey more proficiently than Khan did and he gave Alvarado a whole mess of problems. terrible fighters don't do that.

sidenote - i did watch Prescott's last fight, a rebuilding step after a brutal stoppage loss. as awkward a style as little Figueroa proved for him, Prescott barely lost a round (Figueroa scored a knockdown that had more to do with Prescott swinging himself off-balance with his own left hook than the force of the punch he caught).

this is the problem with boxing fans. too quick to throw out undeservedly disparaging categorical statements about fighters' abilities.
      Prescott is not bad but he is robotic

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
        So you honestly saw Danny winning that fight after the first few rounds? please.

I don't look at fights in hindsight and just pretend someone is infinitely better because of the "W." there is so much more too it. Khan poses some SERIOUS PROBLEMS for Garcia. I'm not a fan of either fighter. I'm just not blind to see what actually happened in the ring.
        that's not what i posted...i said danny had a gameplan and it wasn't to outbox khan

i also said danny was winning after the first kd in the third which seems hard to dispute seeing as khan never recovered

i'm not a fan of either fighter as well and i'll acknowledge khan is technically superior to danny just as he was to prescott but then again so was taylor when he fought chavez...and a more recent example juanma when he fought salido

those fighter's still had their opponents number and i feel danny has khan's

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
          Prescott is not bad but he is robotic
          that's not an unfair comment. although, i prefer to say somewhat ungainly. he's more lithe than i would expect of one described as robotic.

Comment

As an interesting aside, the bookies have Khan as the favorite for a potential Garcia rematch.

The bookies don't give free money away, I don't understand it but it is interesting.

Comment

That's true. Terrible is perhaps too strong a word.

I don't rate him, is what I was saying. I don't consider him world class.

Comment

that's not an unfair comment. although, i prefer to say somewhat ungainly. he's more lithe than i would expect of one described as robotic.
                In his loses he couldn't adjust and just did the same thing over and over. He looked much better in his loss againt Alvarado

Comment

All he's trying to do is hype up a fight against a guy who sparked him the *** out. So many sensitive b1tches on NSB.

Comment

Beat Carlos Molina, totally earned another shot Back of the line, Matthysse deserves the next shot.

Comment

Amir khan needs to stop talkin tell you what's going to happen to him he's going to try to go toe toe with him again if he would stick to his own game he would dominate as for a possible fight with Ortiz another bad one for him he'll try and trade with him too truth is he dosent have a chin some fighters have good chins like Marquez for instance really good chin look how many times he's been down in the last few years and some were hard knockdowns he was always able to get up and finish fights and in a lot of instances have won truth be told... Khan is a good boxer just needs to stick to his own game.

Comment

Working...
                      X