Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns-Miguel Vazquez Unification Mega Show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news! Can't wait to see Groves back in action as well.

Comment

Decent card,looking forward too it

Comment

Burn must really not wanna fight broner if he chose Vasquez instead. I guess its the difference between one guy outboxing you and one guy beating your ass. Either way, its a good fight not sure who will win.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Thats the only good thing you can see coming out of a Unification bout? Forget the fact two world class fighters will be getting in the ring an all...

This is a good fight in its own right, even if the styles wont match up to make it exciting.
          I'm not really interested in either of them or the LW titles, so yes, that is the only good thing I see about this match up. Not meant to be disrespectful or anything.

Comment

The explanation given by Burn's team at the press conference was that 7-weeks was too short notice to prepare for the Broner fight. Ricky stated that he still wants to fight Broner, but wants a full 12 weeks preparation. Fair enough in my opinion.

Comment

Vazquez is a tough match for anybody around his weight class.

He is tough to watch but has skills and is so hard to look good against him

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Didn't expect Burns-Vasquez to happen.

Hopefully the winner can fight Broner on May 4th.
                Seriously doubt it. I can see Broner fighting the winner of Abril/Bogere on May 4th, and then fighting the winner of Burns/Vasquez in September/October. Then, he'll start off January as a LWW.

Comment

Burns would rather lose to Vazquez and his crazy boxing style than just outright get torched by Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    I thought Charr already turned that down, called Chisora a nobody?
                    that's like khan accusing another fighter of having a weak chin.... Charr is one to talk. Just because he got a beating from vitali, he's a somebody?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      Seriously doubt it. I can see Broner fighting the winner of Abril/Bogere on May 4th, and then fighting the winner of Burns/Vasquez in September/October. Then, he'll start off January as a LWW.
                      Sounds more realistic.

I'd just like to see Broner fight someone legit on the May 4th card as I'll be in attendance.

Comment

Working...
                      X