Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good is Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ghost is a good fighter. He has good handspeed, a controlling jab & an excellent outside fighter. He usually can stand at range & pick fighters apart. Personally I wasn't impressed with his Ayudin win, but in reality that fight can be attributed to a long layoff & 2 weight class leap.

Against Berto, however people try to underrate that win, showed he's grown into 147. He absolutely manhandled 1 of the biggest welterweight around. He's grown into the weightclass, should be highly rated & deserves his shot at Floyd by beating the mandatory & sonning Berto. It's also important to understand he's been active & Floyd is older & has lost a little off the fastball.

Now while the Ghost may not win, he's gonna surprise by being competitive. I think he has a decent chance against the aging great frankly. Plus if the rumors serve to be true, he's given Pacman the business in sparring. That alone can invoke world class confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      Good enough to pull the upset against Floyd Mayweather
      he good enough to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagabilly View Post
        The Ghost is my favourite up and coming fighter today. He's always exciting in the ring and a likeable nice guy outside of it.

I'm a new fan of boxing. I've never had the experience of watching a contender develop into a legend, but for the people who has I've got a question: How good is Robert Guerrero? Do you think he's only good but nothing special, or do you see a potential great or is it too early to tell?
        Been following him for a few years now (since about 2006). IMO, he is a true to 10 P4P boxer and has yet to show his best in the ring. He can box, has great defense and he can rough you up on the inside if need be as well. I'm surprised he is fighting so much on the inside with these guys because I think he could win much easier picking them to pieces with his jab and straight left.

He has been around or a while and is a multi-divisional champion: featherweight, super featherweight, lightweight, and now welterweight. He also jumped up 2 weight divisions and took on the undefeated WBC title holder (Aydin) who had a KO% of like 74% when Guerrero fought him. He is very good, very confident and very under appreciated.

Comment

guerrero is a decent fighter... but really imo there's nothing that special about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagabilly View Post
            The Ghost is my favourite up and coming fighter today. He's always exciting in the ring and a likeable nice guy outside of it.

I'm a new fan of boxing. I've never had the experience of watching a contender develop into a legend, but for the people who has I've got a question: How good is Robert Guerrero? Do you think he's only good but nothing special, or do you see a potential great or is it too early to tell?
            Good as Pacquiao sparring partner! But no as good as Daud Yordan!

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
              Good as Pacquiao sparring partner! But no as good as Daud Yordan!
              didn't he quit against yordan?

Comment

He's very good. People underrate him on here. Dude is gritty and has heart. He'll give anyone problems at 140-47. ANYONE. I think he'll actually beat Floyd. Partly cause of Floyd's age but still, it would be an amazing win for The Ghost.

Comment

I think he does everything good but not great he is a pretty good fighter though. If he does fight Mayweather in May he is going to lose but everybody at 147 he beats.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                    he good enough to lose.
                    Anyone can lose but I say he beats Mayweather and You Floydies can't handle the truth

Comment

He's an okay C- fighter.

Wasn't impressed with him versus Katsidis, and he had help from the idiot Russell Mora to get his win. Was not impressed with him versus Aydin either, but I guess he needed a fight to grow into his new 147 class so I won't scrutinize him too much for that.

However he did beat up Berto, whom I predicted would KO Guerrero and do it early. But nope. He pushed Berto around, beat up his body and took Berto's hard right hands without barely flinching. He straight punked his ass. It was a good win.

But the talk of him beating many at 147 is straight ridiculous. He doesn't beat , Pacquiao, Bradley, Alexander, or Marquez. They all have the tools to keep Guerrero respectable unlike Berto who is a class A moron and just laid on the ropes and let Robert tee off. Didn't even try to turn him or use his feet to spin off. Berto is bad for boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X