Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good is Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good fighter. But his talents are getting overrated because he's fighting Mayweather next, and because the WW division as a whole is so woeful. Even in the Berto and Aydin fights, he had a lot of difficult moments. To me, he's still very, very unproven at WW.

It's funny, but a few years ago, whenever he was on HBO (as a SFW), he would get a lot of criticism for being a passive fighter with no killer instinct. In the Yourdan fight, he quit meekly with a cut that did not look that bad.

But now, apparently he's gonna cause the great Floyd Mayweather a lot of problems.

I don't think so.

Comment

He's good enough to beat Floyd. And will.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        Anyone can lose but I say he beats Mayweather and You Floydies can't handle the truth
        If Floydie schools the Ghost. Floydie would then be accused of cherry picking. Floydie is always in a no win situation. If he don't fight them, his ducking them, and if the fights them and beats them his cherry picking them

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          He's good enough to beat Floyd. And will.
          Care to make a bet?

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
            If Floydie schools the Ghost. Floydie would then be accused of cherry picking. Floydie is always in a no win situation. If he don't fight them, his ducking them, and if the fights them and beats them his cherry picking them
            That's because he's always ducking them and cherry picking them. And yes
            Ill bet on Guerrero. How much?

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              That's because he's always ducking them and cherry picking them. And yes
              Ill bet on Guerrero. How much?
              I don't want to bet Points. Instead the loser has to sport a sig and avatar of the winners choice for whole month. (Nothing racial or sexual in nature.) I bet on Floydie if you accept this bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                Good fighter. But his talents are getting overrated because he's fighting Mayweather next, and because the WW division as a whole is so woeful. Even in the Berto and Aydin fights, he had a lot of difficult moments. To me, he's still very, very unproven at WW.

It's funny, but a few years ago, whenever he was on HBO (as a SFW), he would get a lot of criticism for being a passive fighter with no killer instinct. In the Yourdan fight, he quit meekly with a cut that did not look that bad.

But now, apparently he's gonna cause the great Floyd Mayweather a lot of problems.

I don't think so.

I remember this passive boxer who laid off in a certain fight and lost when many thought he should have won. He rematched that guy a few months later and KO'd him in the 6th round, fighting as if possessed with a killer instinct.......his name was JMM.....the guy he KO'd was named Pac.
                Last edited by mathed; 01-13-2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Been following him for a few years now (since about 2006). IMO, he is a true to 10 P4P boxer and has yet to show his best in the ring. He can box, has great defense and he can rough you up on the inside if need be as well. I'm surprised he is fighting so much on the inside with these guys because I think he could win much easier picking them to pieces with his jab and straight left.

He has been around or a while and is a multi-divisional champion: featherweight, super featherweight, lightweight, and now welterweight. He also jumped up 2 weight divisions and took on the undefeated WBC title holder (Aydin) who had a KO% of like 74% when Guerrero fought him. He is very good, very confident and very under appreciated.
                  Here's the thing though. He has very few TOUGH opponents where he beat them by boxing from the outside. A lot of his big wins came from roughing guys up! The dogfighting type of approach. You think he fought Aydin that way by accident? You think he fought Berto that way by accident? Even in his losses against Salido and Plantano Diaz, he fought them the exact same way! In his Draw, he fought the same way too.

I don't even see Guerrero lasting much longer in boxing because of his style of fighting where he's taken considerable punishment. I mean, he's been through a bunch of wars all because whenever he has tough opponents, he prefers to dogfight. Where he just gets smashed in the head lots of times. Then again, this HAS and IS his most effective fighting style. He just won't last much longer though. In my opinion at least.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia's Dad

I don't think so.

IMAGE#1

I remember this passive boxer who laid off in a certain fight and lost when many thought he should have won. He rematched that guy a few months later and KO'd him in the 6th round, fighting as if possessed with a killer instinct.......his name was JMM.....the guy he KO'd was named Pac.
                    Oh cool, we are comparing Robert to JMM. And well, I'm stumped who the equivalent of Pac would be in the story of Robert The Ghost Guerrero. Oh wait, there isn't one, its a piss poor, ill thought out comparison.

All you fans of Robert are in for a surprise. Floyd is gonna beat him up badly.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

How good is he? His biggest win is against Berto. Berto who has never really beaten anyone note worthy. Sure Guerrero is rough, determined, and has tons of heart, but he's sloppy and wild with limited defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X