Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is "athleticism"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i think of athleticism I think of agility and speed.

Comment

When I think of an athletic fighter I see an individual who has attributes that would serve him well in a multitude of sports. Things like conditioning, quickness, flexibility, explosiveness etc. in other words their physical attributes.

Most boxers top class boxers are athletic.

Comment

Speed, agility, and power in boxing, most other athletic talents don't factor in.

Comment

pac, mayweather, gamboa, broner, martinez. Guys like JCC Jr, marquez, maidana, they are not atlheletic. Berto has lots of good physical attributes but sucks ass at boxing

Comment

Gamboa is a prime example of someone who relies purely on his athletic ability to overwhelm his opponent. It's only a matter of time till he gets knocked out badly, he has been dropped hard several times because he was throwing blazing fast combos leaving his chin up.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              when i think of athleticism I think of agility and speed.
              Yes thats the body component , the mind part is reflexes and calculation like a fast top end PC , great athletes read the play correctly and pre-empt things before they happen from very subtle opponent cues .

Comment

Roy Jones Jr in his prime.

Comment

soo ****in new smashing punch! Shpilophosy-punch! crazy

Comment

Working...
                  X