Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Says Ball in Kessler's Court For Big Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=S. Saddler 1310;12911119]Carl Froch's promoter works for him and gets him fights he wants.

the Scandinavian gentleman apparently allows his promoter to dominate his career for five years against his wishes and doesn't do a thing about it. i think it's reasonable to assume that mr. Kessler is more than happy to hide behind Sauerland's decisions and awful opponent selections.

awful opponents as in Ward and Froch? Sound like the best opponent selections to me.

Comment

Originally posted by papillon82 View Post
      awful opponents as in Ward and Froch? Sound like the best opponent selections to me.
      as in Haussler, Green, Magee.

neither Ward nor Froch was regarded then as they are now. general expectation was that Kessler would decapitate Froch and deal with Ward routinely.

two fights deep, that tournament had already turned out to be much tougher than billed for mr. Kessler. then he bowed out. coincidence?

sidenote: people forget how little fanfare Ward entered the tournament with, despite being an obviously very talented and crafty Olympic gold medallist. Andre Dirrell was actually the much more trumpeted of the young Americans in the build-up to that competition.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
        as in Haussler, Green, Magee.

sidenote: people forget how little fanfare Ward entered the tournament with, despite being an obviously very talented and crafty Olympic gold medallist. Andre Dirrell was actually the much more trumpeted of the young Americans in the build-up to that competition

Kessler apologists hate it when you point this out. They can't bring themselves to admit they didn't care that the Ward fight was in Oakland. At the time they thought it was a routine fight and would be a great coming out party for Kessler in America.

Also, people wonder how Ward got that fight in America... it was because Sauerland also thought it was routine and that it was more important for their other fighter, Abraham, to get the Taylor fight at home in the 1st round. So they were focused only on getting that fight in Europe and weren't the least bit concerned with Kessler having trouble with the inexperienced American.

As you've pointed out a couple times. When the going got tough in the S6 Kessler quit, just like he did in the Ward fight.

Comment

It's obvious that Kessler is done fighting top guys since getting a gift hometown decision against Froch. He's already backed out of a fight with Bute, no surprise if he backs out here.

Comment

If Kessler's people turn down this offer I'd be very interested in hearing the reason why. It seems the monetary amount was more than fair.

Comment

Now am having doubts that Team Kessler wants the rematch, I think his team are probably looking at easy fights in Denmark now, He has been to the UK,USA and Australia to fight guys in there backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Now am having doubts that Team Kessler wants the rematch, I think his team are probably looking at easy fights in Denmark now, He has been to the UK,USA and Australia to fight guys in there backyard.

Now? If you didn't have doubts a month ago it's because you're a hopeless optimist.

Kessler is a pr*ck. He talks about all the tough fights he wants, all the generous offers he will make/take to get them to happen. Then never makes or takes an offer. He doesn't want tough fights at all. The Danish fans will pay to see a 48 year old Brian Nielsen come back from a double hip replacement surgery so of course they will pay to see Kessler fight bums for as long as he wants to do so.

If Kessler wanted to Froch fight it would have been signed a week ago.

Kessler will make it sound like the negotiations were just too difficult, and then miraculously come to an agreement with Badou Jack within 48 hours of Froch settling for Stevenson.

Comment

i'd type a longer post, but my fingers are trembling from laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                    last i heard, he wasn't doing as well financially as one may expect.

Kessler was found frustrated and reaching often against Froch, he was outboxed, outpunched, and got a homecooked decision. he doesn't want to return to the places froch took him last time, much less face a better Froch who would likely stop him brutally.

i would say that i'm disappointed by his avoidance of Froch, but i honestly never expected any better. a trait of reluctance has typified Kessler's career.

the Scandinavian gentleman doesn't care about the fans, but mr. Kessler should know that the real fans of boxing are not stupid. we know that his career has been an attempted con and we know that his vaunted excellence is just a promotional shuck. he is a polished but brittle and one-dimensional product, nothing more.
                    if you take away Froch (whom Kessler did not really beat), his best win is Librado Andrade, followed by Anthony Mundine, Eric Lucas and Markus Beyer. pretty awful boasts for a fighter who was so trumpeted for big things.

the one time he ever stepped up when things appeared not to be tilted in his favour was when he fought Calzaghe, whose talent was not yet fully accepted by the wider boxing world outside the United Kingdom, and excuses for that defeat were circulated eventually. he went to the Super Six tournament as the favourite, expecting to blow through his opposition, and bowed out soon thereafter when he found it harder going than expected.

he knows what Carl Froch is about and doesn't want to go through that again. and he certainly doesn't want to be humiliatingly crushed in a cold, hellish arena in Nottingham.

run far away from Carl Froch, mr. Kessler, and save your eyesight. boxing doesn't need a person who does nothing for the sport. rub shoulders with Sven Ottke and others of your ilk in retirement, posthaste.
                    Just delete your profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                      Just delete your profile.
                      i'm looking at your location and laughing uproariously.

Comment

Working...
                      X