No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Says Ball in Kessler's Court For Big Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight HAS to happen.

(But please not first weekend of May as I am on holiday)

Comment

LMAO, Froch to phone Kessler and call him a chicken if he turns down the fight

He will actually do it I'm sure

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
        of course they 'want' to keep the title, but that's not the same as saying they'd hold onto it at any cost. if Froch wants Eddie to get him the Kessler fight, that's what Eddie will try and get.

the offer is already on the table regardless of the situation with the IBF and they are waiting on Kessler, who will let the deadline go without so much as a squeak.

thank goodness for Carl Froch. without him, who would have been there over the last few years to show the rest of the world that not all Europeans are protected, reluctant, manufactured, stage-managed hypejobs holding titles hostage in their back gardens?

the sport owes him so much. a beacon of hope in times both trying and uninspiring.
        Could it be Sauerland promotional issues, rather than Kessler avoiding the fight? You make him sound like a coward, he's certainly not.

Comment

Originally posted by papillon82 View Post
          Could it be Sauerland promotional issues, rather than Kessler avoiding the fight? You make him sound like a coward, he's certainly not.
          Kessler's defenders have been citing 'promotional issues' for five years now. why hasn't Kessler resolved these issues after five years? sympathy only extends so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris T Byrd View Post
            LMAO, Froch to phone Kessler and call him a chicken if he turns down the fight

He will actually do it I'm sure
            he definitely will

Comment

Kessler's defenders have been citing 'promotional issues' for five years now. why hasn't Kessler resolved these issues after five years? sympathy only extends so far.
              Well it's business. Mikkel is just a fighter, and he wants to fight the best. He wants Froch and Ward again. He might lose, but he's not ducking as you pretend him to do.

Comment

Where is Bat The Kessler Excuse Making Machine?

Comment

Carl Froch's promoter works for him and gets him fights he wants.

the Scandinavian gentleman apparently allows his promoter to dominate his career for five years against his wishes and doesn't do a thing about it. i think it's reasonable to assume that mr. Kessler is more than happy to hide behind Sauerland's decisions and awful opponent selections.

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  Where is Bat The Kessler Excuse Making Machine?
                  there is evidence that he's reading and is not enjoying this thread.

Comment

Carl Froch's promoter works for him and gets him fights he wants.

the Scandinavian gentleman apparently allows his promoter to dominate his career for five years against his wishes and doesn't do a thing about it. i think it's reasonable to assume that mr. Kessler is more than happy to hide behind Sauerland's decisions and awful opponent selections.

there is evidence that he's reading and is not enjoying this thread.

I agree 100% with you on Kessler hiding behind his promoter. Kessler says all the right things in the press knowing he can scapegoat his promoter and go on fighting bums in Denmark with his made up title on the line.

There is no reason for this fight not to be signed at this point other than Kessler just doesn't really want it. Simple as that.

I am sure Bat is reading and not liking what he is hearing. He's probably tempted to come into the thread and make the "potential venue is too far from the airport" excuse. Froch has been so up front and candid about wanting the fight that it's the only bull**** excuse left for Kessler to hide behind.

Comment

Originally posted by papillon82 View Post

It's Sauerland, for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X