Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you really think about it.what sport is more popular in U.S.A?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by croz View Post
    You wanted to see it because you're a troll trying to pick holes in everything that makes boxing look good.
    You're making boxing look bad and I want to make holes in you... with my fist.

Originally posted by Croz
    You're arguing with yourself grandad. I said kids in the US have played soccer for a long time. You responded with **** like the above which has nothing to with what I said. I'm not arguing that soccer isn't growing. I said the fact that young people are playing it is no guarantee it will grow since Soccer has been a popular sport in American schools for a long time now anyway. It's one of the reason Soccer has trouble growing in the US, American adults think of it as a kid's sport.
    You're playing dumb, right?

You can't honestly be that fucking stupid...

Comment

I left that out because that was only Melzter's opinion, nothing to do with the study in question. I wouldn't expect a pit fighting ****** to learn how to read something in context though. For example: the study is a US study. Learn to read so I don't have to hand hole you through an argument.

The UFC's ratings are poor in their time slot. Boxing's ratings are very good in their timeslot. That's another thing you should learn - timeslot difference. The last UFC event came close to tying with a frosty the snowman repeat in its timeslot. Boxing beat everything else in its timeslot. That's the difference. Also FOX paid 700 million for the UFC. NBC and CBS are likely paying around 100k. FOX aren't getting their money worth.
      First of all you're whole context excuse doesn't make sense and I don't appreciate you calling me a pit fighting ****** just because i caught you triyng to hype up a sport that i love too but I don't try to make up fake stats just to make it look better than it is.Second of all don't compare movies,tv dramas with live event fights because they don't belong in the same Demographic.UFC is a new sport sport so it doesn't do the same ratings as nfl on fox but it is growning and for FOX aren't getting their money worth statement ufc is the nr 1 sport francize on cable in the Demographic 18-49 and was nr 1 that night in that demographic.Again you know who the 18-49 demographic is, right? the people who buy **** wich translate to moore money from advertisers for fox wich is in a exclusiv deal with the ufc by the way.
      Don't worry about fox theyre getting their

Comment

Soccer gets no love here in the united states compared to other countires. Boxing, though it gets less coverage then Football, Baseball and Basketball here in the states, it still gets more love then Soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by mikinoki View Post
          First of all you're whole context excuse doesn't make sense and I don't appreciate you calling me a pit fighting ****** just because i caught you triyng to hype up a sport that i love too but I don't try to make up fake stats just to make it look better than it is.Second of all don't compare movies,tv dramas with live event fights because they don't belong in the same Demographic.UFC is a new sport sport so it doesn't do the same ratings as nfl on fox but it is growning and for FOX aren't getting their money worth statement ufc is the nr 1 sport francize on cable in the Demographic 18-49 and was nr 1 that night in that demographic.Again you know who the 18-49 demographic is, right? the people who buy **** wich translate to moore money from advertisers for fox wich is in a exclusiv deal with the ufc by the way.
          Don't worry about fox theyre getting their
          What fake stats? You're saying the sports business journal is lying? There's no fake stats there. The closest thing to fake stats posted here was Meltzer giving some BS excuse about immigrants being the reason for boxing's growth.

Comment

What fake stats? You're saying the sports business journal is lying? There's no fake stats there. The closest thing to fake stats posted here was Meltzer giving some BS excuse about immigrants being the reason for boxing's growth.
            Stop triyng to find a way out you cut one of Meltzer stats to make it look like boxing has 50 mil fans in the us and thats why soccer is behind boxing.Thats the fake stats i'm talking about not th bussines journal...
            Boxing is the most famous in latin america now thats a stat and has nothing to do with immigrants

Comment

Originally posted by mikinoki View Post
              Stop triyng to find a way out you cut one of Meltzer stats to make it look like boxing has 50 mil fans in the us and thats why soccer is behind boxing.Thats the fake stats i'm talking about not th bussines journal...
              Boxing is the most famous in latin america now thats a stat and has nothing to do with immigrants
              The entire article is clearly about the US. If you at least read the article you'd see it's a study on the US fight audience. You're trying to twist stats that are right in front of you.

Meltzer's reference to Hispanics building the boxing fan base has nothing to do with the actual study, and he's referring to immigrants into the US anyway. He contradicts himself saying boxing's growth is down to Hispanics while he fails to explain why wrestling hasn't seem that same growth in the US. I know why. Because boxing didn't grow purely because of the hispanics.

Look at this quote, not only are they talking about the US but he contradicts himself immediately:
              big key is the emergence in numbers of the Hispanic audience, where boxing is the second biggest sport next to soccer. Those numbers have increased over the past decade from 37.4 million to 50.7 million, and will continue to increase over the next decade. What makes that strange is that pro wrestling is twice as popular with the Hispanic audience in the U.S. than the white audience, so whatever growth boxing should have because of it should be mirrored by wrestling. It’s hard to say why that isn’t the case. Boxing hasn’t had that superstar Hispanic since Oscar De La Hoya, and wrestling really hasn’t had one in decades. Eddy Guerrero was close before his death and was the biggest since the heyday of Mil Mascaras (who was a superstar only regionally in the U.S.), but to really draw from that type of audience, the guy has to be No. 1, not No. 5 when it comes to being pushed as the serious top star of the brand.

Comment

Boxing died in America after Iron Mike Tyson retired

Simple as that

Tyson carried that sport on his own for years and was its biggest star even when he was a shot, walking corpse of himself

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  I'd say they are about even, and boxing is growing. For those that say Soccer gets more exposure, where? Boxing is on a lot. Maybe it is because I know where to find it but up here its on HBO, SHO, ESPN, and now the NBC networks. It's pretty rare to see Soccer on tv where I'm at, rarer than boxing at least. I'll see boxing every so often on a Saturday when the US team plays but I don't see it much at all.
                  Multiple times throughout the week and every weekend on ESPN, and that's just what I know is on regularly. MLS and Premier League are shown a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    If it wasn't for Eastern Euros, Mexicans, Latinos and Asians boxing would be dead
                    based on what? lol...

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
                      Boxing died in America after Iron Mike Tyson retired

Simple as that

Tyson carried that sport on his own for years and was its biggest star even when he was a shot, walking corpse of himself
                      Thats kind of terrible, i have to admit, boxing is like the music industry.. following trends while ignoring the other good..In this case the bold..So in essence people werent fans of the sport but just mike tyson fans and just fans of 1 media promoted division(heavyweight) and igmoring the other divisions

Comment

Working...
                      X