Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC: Danny Garcia-Lucas Matthysse To Be Ordered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i was little danny i wouldn't want this fight just yet.

Lucas hits very hard, and has serious boxing skills. I think he should fight maidana first.

Comment

Lucas is a strong and talented fighter but he's starting to fall into that "valero" category where people think he can't be beat. I understand that Lucas is a fan favorite and rightfully so but he can be beat. Garcia isn't great at anything but he certainly is good at a lot of things. His defense isn't that bad and if Alexander was able to keep Lucas at bay for most of their fight I can see Garcia having success doing that. Garcia is a hard puncher, better than any of the top guys Lucas has mixed it up with. If Garcia is smart, and doesn't fold after he tastes the power, he has a good chance to win. It's certainly a great fight.

Comment

I don't get why people are predicting Danny will duck Matty....since when has Danny ducked anyone? Danny hasn't been a champ long enough to duck fighters. If you feel GBP won't allow it to "protect him" then ok, but to call Danny himself a duck is just reaching.

Anywho, the WBC is a joke. They pick and choose who to put pressure on and it's pretty blatant, but it's boxing so nothing new or surprising.

If this fight is made, it will be a great one.

Comment

If they don't fight this year, it's a duck - whatever you wanna call it. Garcia is a Unified Champ and should fight the best of the best, and theres no doubt that Matthyse is the #1 contender; not bc WBC says he is, but bc he's the best non-titleholder in the division, by far.
          GBP does not dictate opponents to Garcia; so, even if GBP argues that they want to make Mattyse v. Maidana - a f***in great fight, instead, and Garcia v. Khan II, Garcia should man-up and say, " I want Mattyse - make it happen".
          Im so sick of boxing fights not getting made that should get made - Pac v. May, Donaire v. Mares, the list goes on and on. In this instance, you actually have 2 GBP promotion fighters, but GBP doesn't want it bc Garcia is a bigger draw, and they dont want him losing to Matthyse - it's plain as day

Comment

I am not trying to hate and I know he has been doing well but I just can't get over the fact that I am just not impressed with Danny. Granted he is undefeated but I see him as a PR Tim Bradley, grinding out wins but not remarkable at all. He is heavy handed and has a good chin, so that will take him far I do believe. But he just doesn't have great boxing skills and he is kind of slow. Call me crazy but in a rematch I think Khan beats him up good. Danny will beat Judah though because Judah fails every time he steps up at the highest level because he is a mental case and weak minded unfortunately. Skill wise he could box circles around Danny but Danny will win probably by decision or late stoppage. Matthysse is the truth though and I think he beats up Danny. Lucas is undefeated in my eyes 100% and he is avoided like the plague lol. He is the mini GGG lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
              I am not trying to hate and I know he has been doing well but I just can't get over the fact that I am just not impressed with Danny. Granted he is undefeated but I see him as a PR Tim Bradley, grinding out wins but not remarkable at all. He is heavy handed and has a good chin, so that will take him far I do believe. But he just doesn't have great boxing skills and he is kind of slow. Call me crazy but in a rematch I think Khan beats him up good. Danny will beat Judah though because Judah fails every time he steps up at the highest level because he is a mental case and weak minded unfortunately. Skill wise he could box circles around Danny but Danny will win probably by decision or late stoppage. Matthysse is the truth though and I think he beats up Danny. Lucas is undefeated in my eyes 100% and he is avoided like the plague lol. He is the mini GGG lol.
              Nah man, I hear you but Garcia may not be superb technically but the guy is good. Khan is not going to beat Garcia in a rematch because Khan will get caught with the same punch. I can't get over how so many are overrating Matthysse. The guy is not a finisher and his power is a lil overrated.
              Last edited by GRUSTLER; 01-11-2013, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Matthysse can box or bang, but ever since the two questionable losses, he has stepped on the gas to get the stoppage.

Garcia can also box or bang, but I don't think he'll have the firepower or defense to cause too many problems for Matthysse. I got Lucas by late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyfighter View Post
                  Matthysse can box or bang, but ever since the two questionable losses, he has stepped on the gas to get the stoppage.

Garcia can also box or bang, but I don't think he'll have the firepower or defense to cause too many problems for Matthysse. I got Lucas by late stoppage.
                  Could be but Matthysse style is susceptible to counter punchers flush and Garcia has too much in that left hook to land flush on Matthysse and he not feel it. I picked Garcia since people first started talking about this fight and not trying to change.

Comment

Nowhere to run now

Comment

Not saying danny would duck him, but i think he should have another fight if he gets past judah before he takes the lucas fight.

It depends how we lookes vs zab

Comment

Working...
                      X