Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Floyd fans those for and against Floyd/ginger.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some ppl on here even got ginger on the p4p list!

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
      this guy

Type and hype, type and hype.Canelo hasn't done **** to be worthy of some golden ace on Mayweathers resume like you guys desperately want.Why because he's 'young and undefeated?' I know allot of boxers like that but Canelo is far from the 'best'.
      Who is? Trout? Show me the battle scars and I'll shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        It's alright brother. The tread is doing fine with or without you.
        Bush-is it fair to consider Canelo/floyd the equivalent of leonard/kalule (sp?)

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
          Who is? Trout? Show me the battle scars and I'll shut up.

Your more worried about Mayweathers choice of millions then opponent quality, you wouldn't understand.I have a love/hate feel for Mayweather but no ones fooling anybody into thinking this is some type of atg win.BTW what's Canelo's best win? Im a fan of Cotto and i would of loved to see him and Canelo duke it out unfortunately its not going to happen,provided that if Canelo did win it's a proven worth already then i would of been cool with a Floyd showdown.But since he's babysat his title on safe to safe basis until they burst the balloon there's no argument.How about a legit top 5 guy first?

Btw i would rank a Mosley win over a Canelo win if Cotto ever fought him and beat him but its not happening.
          Last edited by AP♠; 01-10-2013, 03:01 PM.

Comment

IMO Canelo wins the fight. Lets go slow. IYO Trout's the better guy. Dont try that "your logic" sh#t to say what you really believe. Man up! The fact is that neither has done anything so special that they stand alone in the Mayweather bid. They both beat freshly beaten guys in Cotto and Mosley. A fact is that Canelo is the better draw and woulld make for a much bigger event. At the end of the day Floyd decides who he wants to fight next. It would make him a ***in dummy to throw away the Canelo money to prove something to you. Its really become a bigger deal than it is in actuality. Bottom line is that you hate Alvarez and cant be sensible on any subject pertaining to him.
            Austin Trout has better wins at 154 than ginger does. It's not debatable period. He beat ginger's brother for his strap on his back porch. he's had 4 title defenses 2 against top 10 jr middleweights.

Never said anyone (did) anything special. What I said was ginger is absolutely not the best fighter at 154 period. He's done nothing, nor beaten anyone realistically ranked there. Rhodes couldn't beat anyone in the top 10 there right now or when he got the rank to fight ginger.

Comment

Not until Canelo gets a legit win or two.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Not until Canelo gets a legit win or two.
                I agree. If ginger were to say..... fight Trout & actually win, I'd be all for ginger/Floyd & even show the bum a lil respect. Kind of like What I do with Broner now.

Now if he ducks Trout, (which I'm sure he will), I'll settle for say an Angulo/K-9/Kirkland/ you no, a combination of any 2 top 10 jr middleweights. But if the bum cherrypicks yet another overmatched & or shot named fighter, I simply won't endorse a ppv farce involving him & Floyd.

Now as most of you know I'm a Floyd critic, but the facts are as follows, I was satisfied with Floyd/Mosley-Ortiz-Cotto. So I do consider myself fair for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Austin Trout has better wins at 154 than ginger does. It's not debatable period. He beat ginger's brother for his strap on his back porch. he's had 4 title defenses 2 against top 10 jr middleweights.

Never said anyone (did) anything special. What I said was ginger is absolutely not the best fighter at 154 period. He's done nothing, nor beaten anyone realistically ranked there. Rhodes couldn't beat anyone in the top 10 there right now or when he got the rank to fight ginger.
                  Im not going to argue that Canelo hasnt been spoon fed. Thats evident. I just happen to agree with the way he's been handled. Outside Cotto, the guys Trout beat are nothing to brag about. Even the Cotto fight was rather mediocure. Good win for a young fighter. You cant use rankings as an excuse when it fits your argument then call it useless when it doesnt. You cant use titles as an excuse when it suits your argument and call them sh%t when it doesnt. *** it, We can just wait and see how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    Only problem with this post is it implies floyd and canelo are in the same weight class, which they are not. Yes floyd holds a title at 154 and has held it twice. But a Canelo fight is the same as the ODH/Cotto fights-floyd gives up weight to inferior fighters in order to make the fights look more competitive and earn some serious money. From that perspective, Canelo has "earned" a floyd fight.

from a competition standpoint, if you assume Floyd is the best 154lb fighter in the world, than Canelo has not done enough in the ring to "earn" a shot at the crown.
                    bollocks. utter bollocks. there is no way you can justify that canelo has earned a fight against mayweather.

does anybody at all actually think canelo stands a chance?

trout just beat kneeguel with ease, id say he has earned a fight with mayweather over canelo, wouldnt you?

Comment

Im not going to argue that Canelo hasnt been spoon fed. Thats evident. I just happen to agree with the way he's been handled. Outside Cotto, the guys Trout beat are nothing to brag about. Even the Cotto fight was rather mediocure. Good win for a young fighter. You cant use rankings as an excuse when it fits your argument then call it useless when it doesnt. You cant use titles as an excuse when it suits your argument and call them sh%t when it doesnt. *** it, We can just wait and see how it turns out.
                      You can use ranking to prove that ginger is a hype job because that's exactly what it is. You can use the title to prove that too because Mattew Hatton had absolutely no business in any kind of jr middleweight championship fight. No matter how much you try to argue against that fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X