why are you all so high on GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
    ive said this before and ill say it again
    he is rated higher than canelo due to him being one of the greatest amatuers of all time!
    and rightfully so !

wtf
    It's unfortunate that amateur experience doesn't seem to be worth anything in NSB. I'm not gonna pretend like I'm a big follower of amateur boxing, but to completely disregard that when analyzing that individual and their match-ups is foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      It's unfortunate that amateur experience doesn't seem to be worth anything in NSB. I'm not gonna pretend like I'm a big follower of amateur boxing, but to completely disregard that when analyzing that individual and their match-ups is foolish.
      Rigo has the same type amateur experience yet plenty of posters call him a bum too.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Rigo has the same type amateur experience yet plenty of posters call him a bum too.
        With Golovkin/Rigo, their hype is coming from an authentic source. Rigo probably got signed to TR and got a WBA title shot off the strength of his amateur background. That's why I hate when people say that the amateurs don't mean shit in the pros, cuz it clearly does.

Comment

I don't like or care for triple G atm...after his next fight, no matter the outcome all that can change...when ALL those dudes turned down fights with him it became clear that he was probably the best kept secret in the game...Ams and Pros are different worlds but the Am experience does account for something in the pros...like I said the other day, 160 is heating up...G is in the right division at the right time...sooner or later, one of those dudes are gonna be forced to sit at the table with G...and if dude is who cats say he is, somebody is gonna get their card pulled...I was a heavy Sturm fan...a closet type lol....so I know he ducked Abraham and G 100%....back then, my radars went up when it came to dude....he's solid

I gave him his props but thats where it stops!!....got my WAR ROSADO face on atm

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
            I don't like or care for triple G atm...after his next fight, no matter the outcome all that can change...when ALL those dudes turned down fights with him it became clear that he was probably the best kept secret in the game...Ams and Pros are different worlds but the Am experience does account for something in the pros...like I said the other day, 160 is heating up...G is in the right division at the right time...sooner or later, one of those dudes are gonna be forced to sit at the table with G...and if dude is who cats say he is, somebody is gonna get their card pulled...I was a heavy Sturm fan...a closet type lol....so I know he ducked Abraham and G 100%....back then, my radars went up when it came to dude....he's solid

I gave him his props but thats where it stops!!....got my WAR ROSADO face on atm
            Rosado will get beat the fucc up in 4 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
              He's white. He's European. He's good.
              he's from kazakhstan......thats asian (phenotype wise)

that would make him A asian fighter.

as for the hype..........i think he's a good talent but people have too high of expectations of him. he's a good fighter but not elite. when he looks bad everyone will rain down hell on him..............
              Last edited by Godsfly; 01-10-2013, 02:55 AM.

Comment

I think he has serious potential. He said he would fight anyone from 154 all the way to 168. Until someone calls his bluff & proves he's not forreal I'm riding with him. Sure he hasn't fought any of the elite yet, but NOBODY wants to fight this guy right now. High risk low reward IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by g.moreno View Post
                  i wont put him on my top 10 or even 20 untill he destroys a couple fighters that are worth mentioning.
                  I'm curious, who are your top 10 or 20 fighters? Surely, they will all have SPECTACULAR resumes

This should be good.

Comment

GGG is a fad, a bit like Pirog was a couple years ago.

difference being, Golovkin is better promoted, so we'll actually get to see this fad exposed soon enough.

Comment

I don't see what the hype is about, it's laughable really.

Comment

Working...
                      X