Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    Because he's hanging out with Floyd and has learned his cherry picking ways

1.Fight a top rated guy
    2.Fight scrubs the rest of your stay at the weight classs and noone can call you out on cherry picking because you fought a top guy. Oh and blame the other fighter for backing out or "ducking"
    Try something more original. You can do better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
      The fight is a total mismatch, so people are right to complain. There is no area, aside from experience, in which Rees even comes close to Broner. If GB are going to tell us that Broner is the #6 fighter in the world P4P, then they should expect people to get knee deep in their shit when they put him in with a European level fighter.
      European is not a level. Froch and the Klitschos are from Europe. It just so happens to be a few euros in the top ten. Because the better fight weren't able to be made he should jump up 10 extra pounds in a year. The biggest complaint about Floyd is that he didn't clean out divisions along the way. Now his protege' is doing just that apparently and that's a problem? What's the problem really? Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. Damnit why isn't he fighting Canelo in May? He needs an opponent. I'm outraged.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        European is not a level. Froch and the Klitschos are from Europe. It just so happens to be a few euros in the top ten. Because the better fight weren't able to be made he should jump up 10 extra pounds in a year. The biggest complaint about Floyd is that he didn't clean out divisions along the way. Now his protege' is doing just that apparently and that's a problem? What's the problem really? Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. Damnit why isn't he fighting Canelo in May? He needs an opponent. I'm outraged.LOL
        Haters gonna hate regardless.

Comment

It is a level - the European title. That's about the extent of Rees' ability.

I don't see what Floyd has to do with any of the points I made, if you wish to talk about him that's fine, but bringing him up to counter points I haven't made just showcases the extent of your neurosis.

The problem is pretty simple really; Gavin Rees is a vastly inferior fighter to Adrien Broner. It is a mismatch. Adrien Broner is ranked the number 6 pound-for-pound fighter in the world, according to Golden Boy(The Ring). If he is that, then he should be expected to take on challenges in keeping with that ranking, which Gavin Rees falls desperately short of.

Comment

He's been chasing Burns who keeps running. So that is why this happened.

Comment

Vasquez boxes circles around Broner if the fight ever get's made.

Comment

Rees is strangely the highest ranked LW available at the moment for Broner.

More of a testament to the weakness of the division.

Rees is a decent opponent, at best.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
                  Vasquez boxes circles around Broner if the fight ever get's made.

Yes, he'll be boxing around in a circle until he gets KO'd.

Comment

European is a level.

It's a level where people fight for the "European title".

Just as "World level" is when you fight for the World title I.e The top 10 Ranked fighters are considered world level.

Just as "Domestic level" is when people fight for the "British Title".

These are all different levels.

And despite the fact Rees has been a Euro level fighter for a large portion of his career I would say it's abit harsh to consider him a Euro level fighter as he's a former World Champion and a Top 10 ranked LW.

An example of a Euro Level fighter is Darren Barker, for example. Who has only ever had one fight above domestic level and looked dead average (At Euro level). Other than his fight with Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                      Yes, he'll be boxing around in a circle until he gets KO'd.

only 1 way to find out.

Comment

Working...
                      X