Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto, Castillo, Corrales: Who has the better resume/wins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Cotto's best wins are Mosley, Clottey, Judah, Quintana, Malignaggi, etc.

Castillo's best are Corrales, Johnston, Lazcano, Casamayor, etc.

Cotto arguably lost to Clottey and Mosley as well. The only thing Cotto has that tops anything on Castillo is Mosley, and he arguably lost. Castillo's list of wins are deeper.

Let's not act like Quintana is some world beater, it's a nice decent win for Cotto.

Again, I'm not saying you obviously, but it's funny seeing people go to certain lengths to justify one guys resume with certain wins, but if you bring up similar level wins on say Floyd's resume.....people use those fights to downplay his resume. It's just funny.
    Agree on this, the level of hate Floyd gets is unlike any other currently active fighter.

On the main point, let's make Lazcano and Diaz to be world beaters either, they're top 10 contenders just let Quintana was. Castillo seems to get more credit for Lazcano and Diaz than Cotto does for Quintana, Urkal, and Malinaggi at 140. Great wins? Of course not, but I don't Lazcano and Diaz were any better.

Comment

Also.....Corrales, Casamayor, Lazcano, Johnston all were in the Top 1-2 at 135 when Castillo beat them.

Cotto's never beaten a fighter in the Top 1-2 at his weight classes. The closest he came was Mosley, who was the 4th best WW at the time (behind Floyd, Williams, and Cotto himself).

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        Agree on this, the level of hate Floyd gets is unlike any other currently active fighter.

On the main point, let's make Lazcano and Diaz to be world beaters either, they're top 10 contenders just let Quintana was. Castillo seems to get more credit for Lazcano and Diaz than Cotto does for Quintana, Urkal, and Malinaggi at 140. Great wins? Of course not, but I don't Lazcano and Diaz were any better.
        Lazcano was the #1 LW when Castillo beat him, coming off beating Stevie Johnston. Julio Diaz was a similar level win to say Quintana, Malignaggi, etc.

Castillo's beaten 4 fighters who were in the Top 1-2 at 135. Cotto never beat anyone in the Top 1-2 at his weight classes, closest he came was Mosley who was the #3 WW at the time, behind RING chamo Floyd, and than #1 and #2 Williams/Cotto himself.

Castillo's resume is just deeper as far as wins go.

Johnston (WBC LW champ/#1 LW), Bazan (Top 5 LW), Lazcano (#1 LW), J. Diaz (Top 10 LW), Casamayor (#2 LW), and Corrales (RING LW champ).

Compared to.....Malignaggi (not Top 10 at the time), Torres (Top 10 JWW), Quintana (Top 10 WW), Urkal (Top 10 WW), Judah (Top 10 WW), Mosley (#3 WW), Clottey (Top 5 WW), and Foreman (WBA SWW champ/Top 10 SWW).
        Last edited by 4Corners; 01-09-2013, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Also.....Corrales, Casamayor, Lazcano, Johnston all were in the Top 1-2 at 135 when Castillo beat them.

Cotto's never beaten a fighter in the Top 1-2 at his weight classes. The closest he came was Mosley, who was the 4th best WW at the time (behind Floyd, Williams, and Cotto himself).
          He didn't make weight for Corrales, I don't give him very much credit, if any for that win.

Comment

most people i know thought mosley and clottey beat cotto.

Comment

He didn't make weight for Corrales, I don't give him very much credit, if any for that win.
              Does Floyd not get credit for Marquez, because he weighed 146 and not 144???

There's just no way Cotto has the better wins. You can have your opinion though.

Comment

Does Floyd not get credit for Marquez, because he weighed 146 and not 144???

There's just no way Cotto has the better wins. You can have your opinion though.
                I can't sit here and say with a straight face Castillo wins if both guys struggled and tried to make weight. Corrales beat him once at the LW limit, but couldn't when he didn't make it. A blind guy could Floyd was a level above Marquez, regardless of a couple of pounds.

I guess we just agree to disagree on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
                  most people i know thought mosley and clottey beat cotto.
                  Most people I know thought Cotto beat them both.

Comment

I don't consider Judah a good win since he was coming off back 2 back losses in 2 years when he fought Cotto.

Comment

Most people I know thought Cotto beat them both.
                      must have a lot of delusional friends imo

mosley was closer but there's no way to make a case for Clottey. Clottey beat him

Comment

Working...
                      X