Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd Mayweather beat 10 (future) Hall of Famers ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zab......lol......hall of .......lol fame......lol :WORD:

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
      it was generally expected that Pacquiao would blow away Marquez (perceived to be old and blown-up) in the second of their rematches. had he done so, great credit would probably not have been forthcoming to Pacquiao.

we saw a better conditioned Marquez than before, though, and his performance showed he could compete at the weight with the right preparation. in the third of their rematches, he was even more accustomed to carrying the weight. Mayweather likely beats any welterweight version of Marquez handily, but the version he beat in reality was the trial-run version, ie. the weakest version possible.
      would you be opposed to a floyd-jmm2? if you are, you're just admitting that either pac-jmm 3&4 are cherrypicks or both pac and jmm are inferior fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by jaestix1 View Post
        would you be opposed to a floyd-jmm2? if you are, you're just admitting that either pac-jmm 3&4 are cherrypicks or both pac and jmm are inferior fighters.
        You're an idiot.

Comment

Fl oyds resume will appreciate with time no matter what some internet haters ***** about. Pacquiao will stay higher unless he gets lineal. At 154 and 147 again. If he does fight martinez anywhere from 155 through 160 its higher but thats a fantasy

Comment

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
            I just went through Mayweather's record and was kind of "surprised" that I saw 10 potential (future) Hall of Famers on his record.
            Here are those 10 fighters:
            Diego Corrales
            Jose Luis Castillo
            Arturo Gatti (he will be inducted this year)
            Zab Judah
            Oscar De La Hoya
            Ricky Hatton
            Juan Manuel Marquez
            Shane Mosley
            Miguel Cotto
            Genaro Hernandez

let me just say that:
            - 6 of them are borderline Hall of Famers which in my opinion will ALL end up in the Hall of Fame even though some people say they don't deserve it. (Hatton, Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, Arturo Gatti, Zab Judah)
            - 2 were way past their prime (Shane Mosley, and some people might say also De La Hoya)
            - 1 was way out of his weight class at the time of the fight (Juan Manuel Marquez)
            - The 10th guy is Miguel Cotto, who gave Floyd hell in my opinion and some people say Cotto was also way past his prime.

Vote on the poll and explain which of these 10 opponents of Mayweather should be in the Hall of Fame (some day).

anybody with a modicum of intelligence will tell you that the only TRUE LEGIT HALL OF FAMERS THAT FLOYD HAS BEATEN is a past prime oscar, shane and juan manuel marquez.

None of those other guys are legit bona fide true hall of famers.

Gatti and Corrales will get in due to popularity and because of their tragic ending to their lives.

Hatton will get in because of popularity.

If you believe in roiders not being allowed in the Hall then you can scratch shane of that list.

that is the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by jaestix1 View Post
              no, i wouldn't. it's an intriguing proposition second time around. although, as already stated, i'd expect Mayweather to win handily still.

i believe Mayweather is a cut above in H2H terms, but all three of these men are truly elite fighters. there are subdivisions even within elite status, but Mayweather, Pacquiao and Marquez are the three very most effective fighters of recent times. in principle at least, one has to consider them close peers.

please do not perceive any mean spirit in my words, jaestix1. i am an admirer of mr. Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
                He's been there a long time.
                when he fought hatton he had been there 1 year and it was his 4th division compared to hattons 2nd..judah was there BEFORE FLOYD so how was he fighting thrm outside of their weightclass when 147 isnt his best weight class?
                Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                Floyd didnt beat any future HOF'rs let alone possibly 10. Hes a cherrypicker who fights tomato cans
                this is a joke right??Gatti is already in there and oscar,jmm and mosley are a lock to get in

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                  anybody with a modicum of intelligence will tell you that the only TRUE LEGIT HALL OF FAMERS THAT FLOYD HAS BEATEN is a past prime oscar, shane and juan manuel marquez.

None of those other guys are legit bona fide true hall of famers.

Gatti and Corrales will get in due to popularity and because of their tragic ending to their lives.

Hatton will get in because of popularity.

If you believe in roiders not being allowed in the Hall then you can scratch shane of that list.

that is the truth.
                  When you get done shane,oscar,jmm gatti are 4 you can count right now...the rest are just icing on the cake

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
                    He's been there a long time.
                    So what....

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                      Fl oyds resume will appreciate with time no matter what some internet haters ***** about. Pacquiao will stay higher unless he gets lineal. At 154 and 147 again. If he does fight martinez anywhere from 155 through 160 its higher but thats a fantasy
                      floyd is still lineal at 147 right now

Comment

Working...
                      X