Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd Mayweather beat 10 (future) Hall of Famers ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    If he thought he was cheating manny made it no better by turning down a damn drug test..he turned it down for floyd,turned it down for osley and turned it down for jmm...something aint right..and floyd name aint on manny resume either when you get done......oh and is that stadium ready yet?

and funny how easy the cotto fight was made soon as he left bob arum......

and even arum said the margo fight could have been made..arum bloacked it...read rinse and repeat

Arum stated that Mayweather would have fought Margarito for the 8 million, but he wanted a guaranteed 10 million to fight Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton. Arum only guaranteed him 7 million. And for those who don’t know Cotto and Hatton were at the Mayweather-Gatti fight and Cotto was ranked number 5 by the ring at the time (Proof: Listen to the commentary Jim Lampley at the end of round 5) . Cotto had just moved up to the 140 pound weight class and he didn’t make an offer to fight Mayweather after the Gatti fight.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn’t interested in participating in. “That’s not in the cards,” Arum said. “He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It’s not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold ‘em and when to fold ‘em. We’ll talk about things down the road.” Notice this part Arum was talking.

now go sit in the corner and read a book or something
    nothing you have said there backs your point! let me know when you have finished nuthugging.

Comment

Interesting how boxingscene somehow agrees on what I said in the first post: I said that 6 fighters are "borderline" Hall of Famers. And all 5 of those 6 have almost exactly 50 % in the poll...
      Only Zab Judah really shouldn't be in the HOF according to you all [poll result 23 %] - but I think a lot of users here are young and only know the last years of Judah's career. Judah was a beast in his prime before he ran into Tszyu and even after that he won something like 3 world titles, including the "title" Undisputed Welterweight Champion after the Spinks rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
        nothing you have said there backs your point! let me know when you have finished nuthugging.
        I just made a post full of facts and you comeback with this **** post???i showed you why margo and cotto did not happen and Arum even admitted it was due to him not wanting to pay floyd,so floyd did not resign with him,payed 750k to break his contract and is still owed from the judah fight,yet you keep asking why he hasnt fought these top rank fighters..then you bring up manny and try to justify him walking away from a mega fight over a damn drug test..and then he goes on to reject drug testing from other fighters yet this is floyds fault???lol yea you are right asking for drug testing is wrong and walking away from them is right..even when after negotiations are done you claim now you will take the tests to the public,,then say you will take less for the fans but as soon as floyd calls you personally you say you want 50/50...yea this is all floyds fault...floyd reserves may for a manny fight and even has the mgm reserved...arum says"oh this is not how you negotiate a fight and how can you reserve a venue and a date" forgetting he did the same damn thing when he reseved the mgm grand and a nov date and posted that timeclock ****......open your eyes and stop spouting your recycled nonsense that can be easily disproven by anyone who has followed boxing for the last few years..i can own anything you post..

Comment

Floyd has had a great career and his resume is extremely underrated because he is hated..all he fights if top fighters in his divisions coming off of great wins and champions..not fighters coming off of losses at catchweights for vacant titles

Comment

I just made a post full of facts and you comeback with this **** post???i showed you why margo and cotto did not happen and Arum even admitted it was due to him not wanting to pay floyd,so floyd did not resign with him,payed 750k to break his contract and is still owed from the judah fight,yet you keep asking why he hasnt fought these top rank fighters..then you bring up manny and try to justify him walking away from a mega fight over a damn drug test..and then he goes on to reject drug testing from other fighters yet this is floyds fault???lol yea you are right asking for drug testing is wrong and walking away from them is right..even when after negotiations are done you claim now you will take the tests to the public,,then say you will take less for the fans but as soon as floyd calls you personally you say you want 50/50...yea this is all floyds fault...floyd reserves may for a manny fight and even has the mgm reserved...arum says"oh this is not how you negotiate a fight and how can you reserve a venue and a date" forgetting he did the same damn thing when he reseved the mgm grand and a nov date and posted that timeclock ****......open your eyes and stop spouting your recycled nonsense that can be easily disproven by anyone who has followed boxing for the last few years..i can own anything you post..
            ok floyd, whatever you say....

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
              ok floyd, whatever you say....
              Thats right take it like a man and walk away,you got nothing for me

Comment

Zab Judah and Hall of Fame should not be in the same sentence.

Comment

Thats right take it like a man and walk away,you got nothing for me
                  im not arguing with a floyd fan boy.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    Zab Judah and Hall of Fame should not be in the same sentence.
                    He will probably end up there at some point. There are less popular fighters that have done less there now. The later half of his career was mediocre but he has had some great accomplishments.

Comment

Gatti will get there because of his impact, skillwise he doesn't deserve it. Judah no where near, Hatton and Hernandez would be lucky to make it

Comment

Working...
                      X