Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd Mayweather beat 10 (future) Hall of Famers ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaestix1 View Post
    and you're a c0cksucking pacf@g......go play in traffic.
    Um I do believe you just shared your email with everyone on here man. I would take that off or spam bots are going to have a field day with you.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
      mosley was not #1 rated welter when floyd fought him. that was pacquiao.

nor was he p4p #3. that was marquez.
      Mosley was P4P #3 when Mayweather fought him.

Comment

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
        Um I do believe you just shared your email with everyone on here man. I would take that off or spam bots are going to have a field day with you.
        weak.........

Comment

All of those fighters will be HOFers in reality but only 2 of them would be classified as ATGs, imo. These anyone who fought in America and put together a string of exciting fights gets in the HOF. IMO it's a joke.

Comment

Hall of Fame, not Hall of Achievements

Comment

I think Corrales, Castillo, Gatti, De La Hoya, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, and Cotto will get into the HOF.

I'm not so sure Hatton and Gatti deserve to get in though, I know 100% that Gatti doesn't. Hatton at least beat Tszyu, and had other solid wins at 140 for several years. But Gatti shouldn't have gotten in.

Corrales and Castillo are borderline, both have more than a few good and solid wins. Castillo is the best LW of his era, best since Pernell Whitaker. And Corrales was a former P4P, and won titles in multiple weight classes as well. I think at least one of them will get in.

Oscar, Mosley, Marquez are sure fire 100% HOF's. Cotto will get in 100% too, but to me he's borderline as well. I actually like Castillo and Corrales' list of wins more so than Cotto's to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Gatti, Cotto, Mosley, De La Hoya were past prime.

Hatton, Judah, Marquez were not fighting at their best weight class.

So that leaves Corrales , Castillo and Hernandez(?) as his most legit wins, the last one in 2002.
                Marquez just beat Pacquiao at the same weight class........

Hatton was undefeated and #8 P4P, and had won a world title at 147. Besides, it Hatton who didn't want the fight at 140 in 2005, remember??? He and his team said they weren't ready for a fight like that just yet.

Judah was a solid win at 147, nothing more or less. It would have been a very good win, but he was upset by Baldomir prior to fighting Floyd. Judah's not a HOF fighter though anyway.

Gatti was past prime-still good, but he was still one of the top 1-2 JWW's at the time. Floyd was targeting the RING JWW champ (winner of Tszyu-Hatton) and Gatti was the next best fight at the time for him. Tszyu lost, and Hatton didn't want the fight just yet. Gatti doesn't belong in the HOF anyway either though.

Cotto is borderline, and is past prime-still good. Cotto was still the #1 SWW at the time Floyd beat him. Mosley is a sure fire HOF. And he was past prime, but he was the #2 WW and #3 P4P at the time, and EVERYONE wanted that fight when it happened. This was also a time Manny and Co. said they weren't interested in fighting Mosley....

Oscar was past prime, but Floyd traveled up to 154 to fight him, and it's also a fight EVERYONE wanted when it happened.

To say Floyd's last legit win was 2002, that's ridiculous and just proves your agenda on here.
                Last edited by 4Corners; 01-08-2013, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                  im not arguing with a floyd fan boy.
                  What a limp-wristed cop-out. I suspect that you sit down to pee.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    Gatti, Cotto, Mosley, De La Hoya were past prime.

Hatton, Judah, Marquez were not fighting at their best weight class.

So that leaves Corrales , Castillo and Hernandez(?) as his most legit wins, the last one in 2002.
                    Hernandez was prime?

Comment

It sure as hell sounds better than it really is. Only a few of those fights are truly good wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X