Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one else thought Marquez was about to get TKO'd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitefan View Post
    did he really say that or are you paraphrasing? i can't see jmm saying something like that
    No, Marquez never said that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
      But this fight was different in that JMM was getting broken down, in the 1st fight he was getting better as the fight went on. He lost round 5 and was hurt if I recall and was losing 6. I don't think the pattern would have reversed, it only would've gotten more difficult with the broken nose and concussion.
      Props to JMM for getting the KO.
      Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      He lost 5 rounds which is why all of the judges accurately scored the fight 46-47 in Pacquiao's favor.

Momentum was swinging in Pacquiao's favor but he was hardly pitching a shut out. Another thing people are overlooking is Marquez work to the body, in the second half of the fight that work would have paid off.
      Right. So who's to say Pac had it in the bag or that a TKO of Marquez was imminent. You can see Marquez patiently paused after throwing a few and got into position for the counter in the final seconds of round 6. No matter how much it troubles some Pac fans, it wasn't luck. That KO shot could have happened after round 6, especially since Pac was getting more reckless thinking he was about to put Marquez away.

Comment

i thought he was getting banged up but then again when doesnt he? even Kadsidis had him going a bit..i dont see Marquez getting stoppped though,dudes a damn zombie in there.

Comment

When I was watching the fight, I thought Pac was on his way to stopping Marquez in the 7th or 8th round.

It's easy to say otherwise looking back in hindsight. But at the moment, Marquez looked really hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by willybullet View Post
            Right. So who's to say Pac had it in the bag or that a TKO of Marquez was imminent. You can see Marquez patiently paused after throwing a few and got into position for the counter in the final seconds of round 6. No matter how much it troubles some Pac fans, it wasn't luck. That KO shot could have happened after round 6, especially since Pac was getting more reckless thinking he was about to put Marquez away.
            Agreed. And the great thing about this sport is that anything can happen. I thought Marquez was finally going to get TKO'd due to things I saw in his body language and Pac's accuracy, but he pulled off the victory.

Comment

Working...
            X