Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one else thought Marquez was about to get TKO'd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like he was going to get tko'd in the first round of the first fight, just like he was going to get tko'd in the Second fight, just like he was going to get knocked out unconscious in less than 2 rounds in the 3rd fight.

which is where the quote in my sig comes from....when they asked Marquez if the knock down, the broken nose and the fact that he was getting hit alot discouraged him
    Last edited by LeG00N; 01-07-2013, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I didn't think he would get KO, I just thought he would have a long tough night ahead of him with that broken nose.

Comment

Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
        I didn't think he would get KO, I just thought he would have a long tough night ahead of him with that broken nose.
        His nose was not broken jmm said it was just a cut. People keep thinking his nose was broken but it wasn't

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
          His nose was not broken jmm said it was just a cut. People keep thinking his nose was broken but it wasn't
          You're right, sorry redo...

I didn't think he would get KO, I just thought he would have a long tough night ahead of him with that cut on his nose.
          Last edited by fceeviper; 01-08-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Only in fantasy Pacland does getting brutally KO'd mean a victory.

Comment

Originally posted by TartanSoldier View Post
              I was getting quite anxious at the end of the 5th, thought it was definitely going to be a possibility about Round 8.
              Me, too. That's the essence of a great fight, huge shifts in momentum and constant danger. What a fight it was and what a night for the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Why do people act like its an insult to say Marquez might have been stopped? It was a great fight, both guys were doing damage. Marquez's face was getting messed up badly. Again, its a moot point because Marquez landed the KO shot, but people act like Marquez was not in any danger whatsoever.
                You know exactly why.

It's because they're idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Why do people act like its an insult to say Marquez might have been stopped? It was a great fight, both guys were doing damage. Marquez's face was getting messed up badly. Again, its a moot point because Marquez landed the KO shot, but people act like Marquez was not in any danger whatsoever.
                  This. The way some people are acting in this thread is actually hurting the reputation of the fight and Marquez's performance. It was an amazing and shocking comeback. Marquez was maybe more hurt than I've ever seen him against Pac, people saying otherwise are very biased for some reason.

Comment

It doesnt fvking matter. LOL

He got Knockout of the year.

with that win i now rank him above Morales and Barrera

*he looks more hurt in the 5th than any time in all 4 fights. But its a calculated risk that he took and he was successfull. Pac was landing more the same period compared to the 1st 3 fights.
                    Last edited by miron_lang; 01-07-2013, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
                      I finally got around to seeing Pac/JMM 4 and I must say I thought the ref or the corner were going to stop the fight within 3 rounds of the 6th.

Don't get me wrong I did watch the work JMM was doing and I've seen JMM take a lot of punishment but Pac was literally teeing off Marquez at points.

BTW i'm a fan of both fighters and had Pac winning the first fight and Marquez winning fights 2 and 3.
                      I'm sure these kinds of fantasies ease pain and such but we are still left with the plain reality, no other factors mattered in that fight except Marquez's KO, seriously. I mean, we could go on all day about if Marquez was on the verge of a knockout or some such thing but then the adults must eventually have to say recess is over.

It didn't matter how bloody Marquez was, what his trunks looked like, or if Pacquiao's knockdown had any significance because all of that distracts away from the brutal reality, Manny was stripped of his consciousness and his status. In a bout, the only thing that matters is the winning punch.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda...... "He's not getting up Jim! he's not getting up!"

Comment

Working...
                      X