Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one else thought Marquez was about to get TKO'd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
    Of course Manny was going to stop him this time. We all know WHY ROIDquez was able to all of a sudden take super hard one punch shots from Manny this time. It's only one reason why he didn't go down from those punches and it had nothing to do with toughness. I keep getting red K but I am an established poster here and really don't care and I don't respond or argue and these so called fans get upset. I am a fair guy and based on what I saw, it was suspect. PERIOD. Marquez couldn't even put his arms all the way down when walking to the corner. That's how pumped his arms and wings were. This is a pure boxer/technician who believes that lifting weights is beneath a boxer and serves no purpose. Whoever can't see why he would cheat against his rival is stupid.
    Yeah a fair guy but you accuse Marquez of using steroids without proof and his tests were clean, sounds fair. Sounds like you might be bitter.

Comment

Possibly. I felt Pacquiao was nearing a stoppage within the next two rounds, but obviously Marquez landed a great shot that didn't allow that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
        I don't know because Manny has always been freakishly strong for his size. He's always had power. Marquez is a solid puncher but never had the type of power he just displayed on the 8th of December. It's the force behind those punches that are suspect. A man's life could have been lost and there is nothing funny about it if you have a heart. There is no way Marquez can defeat Manny in that manner, without cheating. Manny's speed and power was starting to wear him down. Manny never hired a convicted steroid bio chemist either. Even if Marquez was dirty, he was going to pass the drug test anyway. He knew he needed an edge to win. Manny looked liked "prime" Manny. Come on man.
        Really?

Manny Pacquiao

won 54 (KO 38) + lost 5 (KO 3) + drawn 2 = 61
        rounds boxed 371 KO% 62.3

Juan Manuel Marquez

won 55 (KO 40) + lost 6 (KO 0) + drawn 1 = 62
        rounds boxed 462 KO% 64.52

Comment

The first fight he looked like he was going to be stopped and it didn't happen. It almost looked that way with the 2nd fight as well. We all know what happens when he is on the verge of TKO loss.

Comment

I sensed Marquez was losing control of the fight and felt it would have been called off if things didn't change. At the same time Marquez showed that he had the power to change things in the third round and he was still fighting sensibly so I also acknowledge that it was in his capability to change things.

Comment

I thought there was a good chance Pacquiao would score the KO the way he was landing and I still think so but Marquez KOed him first. Both men were determined to win by KO. I am a big fan of both fighters and all the fights they have had with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
                I finally got around to seeing Pac/JMM 4 and I must say I thought the ref or the corner were going to stop the fight within 3 rounds of the 6th.

Don't get me wrong I did watch the work JMM was doing and I've seen JMM take a lot of punishment but Pac was literally teeing off Marquez at points.

BTW i'm a fan of both fighters and had Pac winning the first fight and Marquez winning fights 2 and 3.
                read the sig below Marquez was not going anywhere

Comment

Brother you on crack.

Comment

Originally posted by tHuGbOsS View Post
                    Marquez about to get TKO'd? Have you not seen Marquez fight before?

Truth is, Marquez landed that huge right a lot of times during the fight, Pac was only able to take so many and he eventually got put to sleep. Marquez trained to land that punch, and Pacquiao had no answer for it whatsoever.
                    I have seen him fight before and the worst I've seen Marquez hurt was against Mayweather because the punishment was accumulating and his punches weren't getting in.

Marquez landed about 5 good right hands, which is way below his average against Pacquiao. Except for like 3 exchanges the only punch he was landing with regularity was the left hook to the body.

Pacman had been landing his left hand all the fight and was starting to land the right hand also and momentum was on his side.

Given all the times and fights Pacquiao has been reckless against Marquez and the fact that his chin had always held, there's a reason the end result of this fight surprised the hell out of everyone.

Comment

I thought it was pretty obvious that he was gonna get TKO'd

Imagine fighting Pac with a broken nose that is constantly dripping blood

Comment

Working...
                      X