No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kubrat Pulev Not Pleased With Facing Adamek in Poland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
    Have you ever watched Pulev fight, or you're just hating to hate as usual?
    Hating as per usual? You mean what you are doing with Haye on a daily basis? Yes, probably unlike you I have actually seen his last 5-6 fights (and yes they are on youtube, you should go and watch them) and there's nothing to be overly impressed about. He has decent size, but lacks power and skills and hasn't been tested on any level to say that he merits a #3 in the world when other guys have beaten former world challengers, or challenged for the title themselves. Common sense.

Comment

Pulev will just have to make sure he does what Vitali did in Poland and make sure it doesnt go to the scorecards.

That win by Vitali is under rated as far as one sided beatings go. He fought a guy in his backyard and destroyed him effortlessly. Its the way he went about it so casually that ranks it up there with other 1 sided beatings like Lacy - Calzaghe, Ward - Dawson and Pac - Oscar.

Adamek hasnt looked the same since that fight. He should have gone for Povetkin instead. A fight will Pulev is a good competative fight but based on he Cunningham fight appears that Adamek is on the decline now. Home advantage vs Pulev would be crucial.

Comment

Have you ever watched Pulev fight, or you're just hating to hate as usual?
        And probably also unlike you I have followed him since his amateur exploits where he was certainly a good fighter. And I still believe he is, but he's not anywhere close to being #3 in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by G22 View Post
          Pulev will just have to make sure he does what Vitali did in Poland and make sure it doesnt go to the scorecards.

That win by Vitali is under rated as far as one sided beatings go. He fought a guy in his backyard and destroyed him effortlessly. Its the way he went about it so casually that ranks it up there with other 1 sided beatings like Lacy - Calzaghe, Ward - Dawson and Pac - Oscar.

Adamek hasnt looked the same since that fight. He should have gone for Povetkin instead. A fight will Pulev is a good competative fight but based on he Cunningham fight appears that Adamek is on the decline now. Home advantage vs Pulev would be crucial.
          Difference being that Adamek is a lightheavyweight and Vitali is a superheavyweight with about 6" height advantage and 40 pounds on him. If he didn't give him a one sided beating, something would have been seriously wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
            And probably also unlike you I have followed him since his amateur exploits where he was certainly a good fighter. And I still believe he is, but he's not anywhere close to being #3 in the world.
            So who's #3 in the world?
            Let me guess before you give us your experts opinion. Doivid Hoie?

Comment

Difference being that Adamek is a lightheavyweight and Vitali is a superheavyweight with about 6" height advantage and 40 pounds on him. If he didn't give him a one sided beating, something would have been seriously wrong.
              All true but I still think Vitali deserves credt for that because he was touching 40 and fighting in the other guys backyard yet he put on a clinic. Dominant display by a domoinant champ. Adamek was outsized but still considered a top heavyweight possibly top 5

Comment

So who's #3 in the world?
                Let me guess before you give us your experts opinion. Doivid Hoie?
                Who says I don't have Haye ranked higher?... All joking aside, if we assume that Haye's not going to fight anymore he's out of the rankings. But #Wladimir (quite clearly), #2 Vitali (if he's still active), #3 is really a toss up between Helenius, Povetkin & Fury IMO. I don't particularly like any of them, but they have fought better opposition than Pulev at this moment in time. If we go by the eye-test or who we think is going to be up there when the Klitsckho's are gone, I think David Price would most likely beat any fighter not named Klitsckho at this point in time.

Comment

All true but I still think Vitali deserves credt for that because he was touching 40 and fighting in the other guys backyard yet he put on a clinic. Dominant display by a domoinant champ. Adamek was outsized but still considered a top heavyweight possibly top 5
                  I give him credit for going to Poland, but I think he knew it was a pretty safe bet. Adamek was built up as a credible opponent for Vitali, but when they got in the ring the size difference was just too big. I don't think it features on Vitali's top 3 wins, but it's in the top 10.

Comment

I give him credit for going to Poland, but I think he knew it was a pretty safe bet. Adamek was built up as a credible opponent for Vitali, but when they got in the ring the size difference was just too big. I don't think it features on Vitali's top 3 wins, but it's in the top 10.

Comment

Nuetral ground is the only answer for this problem. Germany, Denmark, Monaco or the UK could cater for this more then adiquetlly.

Comment

Working...
                      X