No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Mayweather-Canelo Will Break Records

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
    Know your boxing Murka? Labelling Hatton "glass jawed"? Stating that Guerrero is taller than Ortiz, then being proved wrong by fact? Stating that Guerrero is "much bigger than Mayweather".... then being proved wrong by fact again. Stating that pressure is best way to beat Mayweather when plenty have tried it.... and failed. Castillo, Hatton, Augustus, DLH, Ortiz. They all tried the "bum-rush" and steadily got worked out, picked off and defeated. You stated that Guerrero's non-stop style would be too much... then got shown that a fighter inferior to Mayweather coped with it and beat him rather easily.

Mayweather has faced pressure fighters (as aforementioned). He has faced bigger men than Guerrero (Ortiz,DLH) and he has faced harder punchers (Mosley). The only thing that could possible lend itself to your theory is Mayweather's deterioration. He's seasoned at the weight and has yet to be pushed around. Look to the Hatton fight if you wish, but a trained eye would see it was Hatton that did the clinching. It's HIS style. Approach in straight lines, throwing the hook, clinch and then through the bodyshot off the break. They both lead with their heads, but Mayweather proved he can in-fight, foul and grapple with the best of them.

You say Mayweteather'saccuracy was poor in his last fight? 23% success if recall. Poor if your usual rate is 40%+. But most average around the 20% mark and far less against Mayweather. What are Guerrero's average percentages? You have no real basis for your theory, no matter how much you believe it. ou argue hard, I'll give you that, but in the end, you're whistling in the wind. Wins over Aydin and Berto don't make you a destroyer, and a cheerleader doesn't make you bigger physically than you actually are. Sorry.
    A prime Mayweather got pressured by BRAWLERS! He is not prime anymore, and he got touched by slow cotto! Robert will def land, and he will do what Hatton did, except better! Hatton fought a prime Mayweather! Floyd is there to be hit now! Btw, please quick reply to me, I almost didnt see your comment.

No one has shown me that a fighter inferior to Floyd has dealt with Robert's swarming style! Im not talking about any other fighter, except Floyd anyway! Floyd throws one or two soft potshots, Robert will outpunch him easily! Sorry, thats just how I see it! Floyd cant hurt him either!

I dont care about Robert's size! Its his SIZE combined with his style! It will be a major problem! Robert is not a pressure fighter, he is a swarmer than will apply pressure!

Mayweather's accuracy was HORRIBLE in his last fight! But IT DOESNT MATTER! He cant even phase Robert! Robert wont stop swarming, even when he's staggering! What can I say? I have an eye!

Call me a cheerleader, destroyer, blah, blah, blah I dont care! The only thing his fights at ww showed me, was that he is tough, durable, cant be hurt, and never gets tired! Floyd will punch and clinch his way to a victory, if he engages, it will be tough! Something else he will do, is try to back up, and time Robert with one big right hand at a time, like against Hatton! But it wont phase Robert! With Floyd being so easy to hit at this age, and Robert having so much power, it will be a FKING PROBLEM *Drake Voice! What can I say man, I know my boxing! Good Debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
      ...Floyd is NOT outpunching Robert!
      We'll have to see if your assessment pans out.

Don't forget Floyd is a grandmaster at forcing opponents to lower their punch output by punishing them with sharp counters. Opponents become gun shy after a few rounds. Then Floyd takes over, using his lead right more and subsequently doing greater damage.

This is why I was never into the hype surrounding a Floyd-Pacquiao fight. The adjustment time needed for Manny would be relatively short, maybe a round, two max. Easy UD for Floyd. Beautiful to watch, but not pleasing to the average boxing fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
        You're a grade A idiot, and everyone in the thread not biased against Mayweather can see it.
        I thought you were going away? LOL Its some guys here who wanna talk boxing, all you want to do is insult and be mad! Man go find a new thread to play in, this here aint for you patna!!

Comment

• Originally posted by alembic View Post

Don't forget Floyd is a grandmaster at forcing opponents to lower their punch output by punishing them with sharp counters. Opponents become gun shy after a few rounds. Then Floyd takes over, using his lead right more and subsequently doing greater damage.

This is why I was never into the hype surrounding a Floyd-Pacquiao fight. The adjustment time needed for Manny would be relatively short, maybe a round, two max. Easy UD for Floyd. Beautiful to watch, but not pleasing to the average boxing fan.
          Yea but thats a different story! Pac had that power, to land one good punch and do damage! Even if Floyd outboxed him for a while, all it took was one good shot! I dont think Floyd is unbeatable! I think the way to beat him is with pressure, like any other slick boxer! But some guys, he has a great speed advantage over! With Robert, he's faster, but Cotto is slow, and Robert is faster than cotto, and fast enough to where Floyd wont see the punches coming! Im cool with the robert match up!

Comment

• Originally posted by alembic View Post

Floyd has no power though......

Well so Im told

Comment

There is nothing to comprehend, you have no breakdown. Mayweather WILL hit Robert, but Robert will gladly get hit, and keep swarming! If you notice against Berto, even when he's staggering, he never stops swarming! Thats the problem, Floyd wont be able to get his respect, with one or two soft potshots! Now go away! You say Robert cant hit Floyd, let slow azz Cotto landed slow lefthands at will! Everything you say, I have proven time and time again, to have a logical breakdown! Robert is a southpaw, he will throw great lefthands, and he's not slow like cotto! Cotto got outpunched by Floyd, Floyd isnt outpunching Robert! Punch N Clinch coming May4th! Even when you try to make points, I have a counter like its easy for me! You know so little about boxing, your not even perceptive enough to realize that its easy to counter everything you say! Now go away!
              Dude you dont know what your talking about. Ghost will come foward and keep eating shots like crazy. Did u see how many Berto hit him with?? Mayweather will hit him with even more and way more accurate. This fight will be a KO within 6 rounds! I've been a Ghost fan for the longest now and he has great talent. but we all know the way he fights. hes gonna come foward, land a few shots and keep working but he will get hit alot and hes gonna fight the most accurate boxer probably ever. = Its gonna get Ugly

Comment

• Originally posted by buckdacious View Post
                Dude you dont know what your talking about. Ghost will come foward and keep eating shots like crazy. Did u see how many Berto hit him with?? Mayweather will hit him with even more and way more accurate. This fight will be a KO within 6 rounds! I've been a Ghost fan for the longest now and he has great talent. but we all know the way he fights. hes gonna come foward, land a few shots and keep working but he will get hit alot and hes gonna fight the most accurate boxer probably ever. = Its gonna get Ugly
                Berto has power, and not once did he phase Robert enough to make him stop throwing punches! Even when Robert was staggering, he was still letting his hands go! With Floyd throwing one or two soft potshots, it will be a problem! Mayweather aint KO'ing no GOTDAYUMN Robert, GTFO!!! Robert is waaay too durable! Yall said he was gonna KO Cotto, and I thought he was too! Lets face it, Floyd dont got that type of pop, and SPECIALLY not for someone like Robert, just too tough on the beard! I dont think Floyd is as accurate as he used to be, but it doesnt matter! The lack of power will do him wrong against Robert's chin! As we saw against Berto, Robert is durable! This will be like Floyd vs a bigger, better, Hatton. Punch N Clinch coming May 4th!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1706 View Post
                  Shut up

He knows his Boxing

Comment

• Schaeffer said that both the Mosley and Cotto bouts would go over 2 mill. He's also been on the record saying strange things like Amir Khan having the best chin in the business. So...

Comment

I dont think Floyd is unbeatable! I think the way to beat him is with pressure, like any other slick boxer! But some guys, he has a great speed advantage over! With Robert, he's faster, but Cotto is slow, and Robert is faster than cotto, and fast enough to where Floyd wont see the punches coming!
                      I think this is where we disagree. Pressure fighters make it easier for Floyd.

Floyd might have lost a step recently but Guerrero is still slower. So Floyd would control the center of the ring.

To beat Floyd, you have to be faster and smarter, possibly bigger, with enough pop to get job done after setting the pace and distance with an ultra-fast jab (anything less and you'll get countered all night). I just don't see Robert having these attributes. And you do. But that's cool too.

Comment

Working...
                      X