Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather-Guerrero, Canelo's Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to me that Canelo is being moved from the May 4th date. For whatever reason.

Thinking Trout is going to ducked after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
      Vernon ducked Martinez? Now I can die a happy man because ive heard it all now. Its business and at that stage in Vernons carreer hes looking for bigger paydays. Not looking to fight an unknown. So buy your theory Floyd would be ducking Geurrero if the didnt fight.

I said struggled with Cintron. I never said Cintron won the fight. You keep using the word risk. Its about dollar signs man. The only time Floyd has fought at 154 is for monster paydays. His only two fights there were his too biggest PPVs. Martinez is the same way. Hes willing to step out of his element and suck weight in a sauna suit for Floyd, a carreer high payday, but not for Joe the freakin plumber. Floyd is really not a JMW and Martinez isnt either.
      Fam..... Vernon Forrest vacated his title at 154 so he would not have to fight Martinez. That's a duck. Martinez was his mandatory and he chased Forrest for a long time. What big fights was Vernon Forrest having? He got beat by Mayorga twice and Mora. Floyd should stay at 147 if he doesn't really want it in the division.
      Last edited by GRUSTLER; 01-06-2013, 11:23 AM.

Comment

It would be sad to watch Mayweather dismantle Canelo in September while Canelo would not have had a single fight against a top 10 JMW.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Seems to me that Canelo is being moved from the May 4th date. For whatever reason.

Thinking Trout is going to ducked after all.
          or a Trout event is big enough where it warrants its own card

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            or a Trout event is big enough where it warrants its own card
            This is what I think.

Comment

Mayweather knows very well why he picks formidable opponents. He sees things he can exploit in them and for Guerrero its his aggressiveness.

Comment

WTF is taking Floyd so long??.. I can see Him, Haymon n Ellerbe carefully studying that Berto fight and asking themselves if he's really worth taking the risk on. Robert is a tough and very hungry fighter who shows no awe or fear whenever the name Floyd is brought up. Best take that big money fight against the still green n unproven Canelo Floyd.. Do what u do best.

Comment

I'm curious to know who everyone here wants Floyd to fight besides Canelo and Martinez. Martinez has a fight coming up and after that he has a rematch with Chavez. Just earlier this year Larry Merchant said for all of you to hear that DLH said Canelo wasn't ready for Mayweather and most agreed. So a win vs a LWW prepared him for Floyd? How is Floyd cherry picking RG when there's no one at 147 for Floyd to fight. Bradley is with Top Rank so that fight isn't going to happen. Alexander has a fight booked and he looked like chit in his last fight. JMM is with Top Rank so thats not going to happen and noone wants to see that anyway. Canelo is free and RG is free. Nothing wrong with RG in May and Canelo in September. Also, Canelo is not a super star by at all. He's still unproven so if Floyd does fight him, 98% of Boxingscenes posters and writers will downplay a victory for Floyd. Its a lose-lose situation. Lets not forget, Martinez is already old and coming off of a knee injury so that'll be the excuse if Floyd beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thickback View Post
                    I'm curious to know who everyone here wants Floyd to fight besides Canelo and Martinez. Martinez has a fight coming up and after that he has a rematch with Chavez. Just earlier this year Larry Merchant said for all of you to hear that DLH said Canelo wasn't ready for Mayweather and most agreed. So a win vs a LWW prepared him for Floyd? How is Floyd cherry picking RG when there's no one at 147 for Floyd to fight. Bradley is with Top Rank so that fight isn't going to happen. Alexander has a fight booked and he looked like chit in his last fight. JMM is with Top Rank so thats not going to happen and noone wants to see that anyway. Canelo is free and RG is free. Nothing wrong with RG in May and Canelo in September. Also, Canelo is not a super star by at all. He's still unproven so if Floyd does fight him, 98% of Boxingscenes posters and writers will downplay a victory for Floyd. Its a lose-lose situation. Lets not forget, Martinez is already old and coming off of a knee injury so that'll be the excuse if Floyd beats him.
                    The only cherrypick Floyd could possibly do right now if pick an unproven hypejob, (ginger) over the Ghost.

Comment

Originally posted by Thickback View Post
                      Yea I actually think Floyd would rather fight Canelo, but Schaefer and DLH are trying to hold off on that fight until Canelo headlines a PPV or 2 on his own so that they can make as much money on it as possible. Despite what Schaefer says Canelo is not this Mega Superstar he claims he is.. No casual fan outside of Mexico knows who the **** he is.. Best stay away from Trout though.

Comment

Working...
                      X