No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather-Guerrero, Canelo's Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Seems to me that Canelo is being moved from the May 4th date. For whatever reason.

Thinking Trout is going to ducked after all.

Really bro? You actually thought they'd want to fight Trout?? How do you fathom team ginger fighting Lopez to fighting Austin Trout in the very next fight. With a Floyd payday waiting in the wings??

That's like going from swimming with guppies to swimming with mako's.

Comment

Canelo is in a lose lose situation. Win or lose to Trout, you gotta be an idiot to expect Floyd to ever fight him. He may be "green" as you people put it, but you're also overrating a 36 year old man who basically did very little at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris T Byrd View Post
        It would be sad to watch Mayweather dismantle Canelo in September while Canelo would not have had a single fight against a top 10 JMW.
        Right but thats what Boxingscene is asking for. If he doesn't fight him then he's scared. Catch 22....

Comment

Expect HBO 24/7 to hype up this mediocore event. DLH to his credit tried to fight Hopkins and make history. Defeating Berto is something that Collazo did before Ortiz and Guerrero, not exactly a legendary win. If Mayweather won't challenge Sergio, than he should take Canelo immediately. Save the September date for a bigger fight. I don't see either Guerrero or Canelo as a major risk for Mayweather. Perhaps the youth and power of Canelo has some risk. However, if you look at his resume there is one great Canelo win.

Canelo got his paper WBC vacant title as a gift from Jose and the WBC. Pacquiao vacated his title and than Matthew Hatton was the challenger for Saul Alvarez. Of course, due to his popularity expect about 1.5 million PPV sales if he fights Mayweather. So i can accept that more than Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post

Really bro? You actually thought they'd want to fight Trout?? How do you fathom team ginger fighting Lopez to fighting Austin Trout in the very next fight. With a Floyd payday waiting in the wings??

That's like going from swimming with guppies to swimming with mako's.
            I actually did. Not too sure why, I just gave him the benefit of the doubt.

More being hopeful, I suppose.

From recent comment it seems that they aren't going to risk fighting Trout but I still have a glimmer of hope.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              or a Trout event is big enough where it warrants its own card
              But the plan was to put Canelo on Mayweather's card. That was openly the plan.

And Cotto was planned to be next, and that's a way bigger event.

So, I don't buy it basically.

Comment

If Canelo doesn't fight someone legitimate next then he deserve all the sheit he would get for it, I would have love to see him prove he can handle someone his own size before fighting Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  If Canelo doesn't fight someone legitimate next then he deserve all the sheit he would get for it, I would have love to see him prove he can handle someone his own size before fighting Mayweather.
                  His options seem to be trout,cotto,angulo all legitimate fighters in
                  the top ten at 154.I just hope he dont fight maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                    His options seem to be trout,cotto,angulo all legitimate fighters in
                    the top ten at 154.I just hope he dont fight maidana.
                    I would be happy with either Trout or Angulo, I really don't want him to fight a Cotto that's coming off two losses.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
                      i hate alvarz soooo bad, this guy is a pathetic pos.. and i hate GBP they are such a joke the way they hype this bum ass alvarez... who has he faught... 40 yr old washed up mosley, washed cintron, gomez, matt hatton HAHAHAHAHA what a joke
                      Just like you idiots said Valero was a hype job. You don't go KO fighter after fighter even if they're bums if you're hands not worth something.

The way Canelo disposed of those "washed up" guys is something Floyd can't even do. So watch your mouth and kneel before Canelo!

Comment

Working...
                      X