Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Mares would be more competitive than Rigo vs Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deejd View Post
    That you stated you think a lead hook should be left for close... you surely know what you're talking about when it comes to boxing.
    Ohh, ok. So because i put (lead) in front you follow me around for years bringing it up like you've done something amazing by pointing out (lead)?? Well good for you.

Comment

styles make fights.

mares knows how to pressure. he cuts the ring off, uses his jab, and turns up the heat over the course of the round, and the fight. he doesn't tkae a punch for an answer. he's also mean as F. he will clinch, headbutt, low blow, you name it.

donaire tried to chessbox with rigo. that's a bad idea

mares will pressure him, try to shrink the ring, and brawl. he's also got a jab.

rigo UD mares in a much better fight. mares pressure will bring the best out of rigo, especially in a smaller ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Ohh, ok. So because i put (lead) in front you follow me around for years bringing it up like you've done something amazing by pointing out (lead)?? Well good for you.
        Hasn't even been a year. Can't take anything you post seriously; never heard of/seen a lead left hook being thrown on by a fighter that's already on the inside.

Comment

Hasn't even been a year. Can't take anything you post seriously; never heard of/seen a lead left hook being thrown on by a fighter that's already on the inside.
          I really couldn't care less what you think. Just felt the need to answer your stalking today. I still feel a left hook is better left for the inside (minus lead), just for you. But ok, it hasn't been a year, just close to it, good job though.

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
            So why all the hype behind Mares? I like watching him fight but I just don't see him as much of a threat to Donaire. Maybe someone can help me understand why people would think otherwise.
            Simple, Rigo is very uncomfortable on the inside. And Mares when he gets you on the inside, he makes it a dog fight.

Otherwise Rigo gives Mares another boxing lesson.

Comment

I really couldn't care less what you think. Just felt the need to answer your stalking today. I still feel a left hook is better left for the inside (minus lead), just for you. But ok, it hasn't been a year, just close to it, good job though.
              Stalking; I bumped an old thread, you came here to answer with your usual complaining tone. So yeah, every time we happen to come across the same thread and I read something you try to pass off as knowledgeable, we'll discuss throwing lead left hooks already being on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                styles make fights.

mares knows how to pressure. he cuts the ring off, uses his jab, and turns up the heat over the course of the round, and the fight. he doesn't tkae a punch for an answer. he's also mean as F. he will clinch, headbutt, low blow, you name it.

donaire tried to chessbox with rigo. that's a bad idea

mares will pressure him, try to shrink the ring, and brawl. he's also got a jab.

rigo UD mares in a much better fight. mares pressure will bring the best out of rigo, especially in a smaller ring.
                I do agree with you btw. I'm fairly certain that win or lose Mares would not be reduced to throwing 20 half hearted punches a round. He'd apply dat pressure, cut the ring off, and do what needed doing to force the fight and make his presence felt.

Comment

Don't try to drown Mares in Donaire's boat. Mares is a beast and I know he'd have done more than Donaire did last night. He'd have applied pressure. Not allow himself to be led around like a pup on a leash.
                  agreed..but mares might get stopped for it..it's easy to rush a guy like moreno with little punching power but to rush a guy as quick, strong and smart as rigo would be dangerous for mares.

Comment

Mares will go n try to win no matter what he knows n recognizes his abilities are not as good as Rigondeaux so he has to make it an ugly fight, Mares is about the same size as Rigondeaux

unlike Nonito Mares aint gona try to box like Donaire did, hes gona put that pressure just like he did vs Moreno

i think he does have a better chance of beating Rigondeaux than Nonito

Comment

Stalking; I bumped an old thread, you came here to answer with your usual complaining tone. So yeah, every time we happen to come across the same thread and I read something you try to pass off as knowledgeable, we'll discuss throwing lead left hooks already being on the inside.
                      No dude, you've been stalking me because I put lead in front of hook. You just admitted it. You just said it hasn't been a year. Because I put lead in front of hook. Still doesn't change that I believe that you should be on the inside before letting go with a left hook cause unless you have Floyd esk skill, you could walk into a serious counter.

I think you're childish for (stalking me) over Lead in front of hook. Today, I felt the need to tell you so. A hook is a short punch and unless your name if Floyd or Rigo, you should leave it for close quarters, I stand by that. But feel free to stalk me for another 10-11 months then point out it's not a whole year.

Comment

Working...
                      X