No announcement yet.

Predict Donaires next excuse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
    So this Rigo guy can't move on without Donaire? Reminds me of Khan who wanted Bradley. Then an immediate rematch with Peterson, etc. In the end Bradley went on, Peterson got caught juicing, etc. etc. Everyone moved on. Donaire did it without Rigo. Why can't Rigo?

Bradley got a million dollar payday against Cassamayor with a guarantee of fighting Pacquaio, I don't think anybody can really blame him for not taking on Khan.

It kind of backfired on Amir anyway when he was beaten from pillar to post by a guy Bradley dismantled whilst seemingly in first gear.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      One fight isn't going to make much difference, unless that one fight is against Nonito Donaire. The point is, Arum apparently knew late last year he was going to match Rigo with Donaire very soon.
      I'll make you a bet that Nonito won't be Rigo's next fight. What do you say?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        It was a cracking punch from a big, hard-hitter with a very potent left hook, if anything I was impressed by how well he stayed composed.

Its ridiculous how much emphasis has been put on it. Donaire gets hit more in just about every fight than Rigo has his entire career.
        I think they should be more concerned with Donaires lack of defense than Rigondeaux's chin myself because if these people think Rigo isn't going to hit him hard & often, they've got another thing coming.

He knows Donaire will be looking to land the left hook for as long as it lasts. Hes a one handed fighter.
        If Rigo is as active as I hope he'll be, he will tag Nonito hard and often enough. Donaire gets hit. He's known for his offense, not his defense. Guillermo is a defensively inclined fighter who packs savage counterpunching firepower. I don't think that fact will be lost on Nonito. These two will probably be wary of the other guy's power, but I think Donaire will find himself in the lead role.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
          I'll make you a bet that Nonito won't be Rigo's next fight. What do you say?
          lol Rigondeaux is already scheduled to fight in February, against someone not named Donaire. Nonito wants to schedule his first fight of the year for March. My guess is that the fight will happen in 2013. That's fast enough.

Comment

Oh I get it but the reality is casual fans don't know who Donaire is either, it'll do perfectly fine business for the summer, why keep dragging it out? Eventually it will lose interest just like say Pac vs Floyd. Both guys are in their prime, they're at their best right now!

Neither guy is going to a huge draw until they fight each other.

I'm not a hater as such or blinded, I am actually giving Donaire credit on the basis he isn't ******, I feel he knows full well what a great fighter Rigo is.
            Truth be told; I think he is a little scared myself.

It don't need years of hyping, put it together in the summer with a cracking undercard with some fan friendly fighters on known to casual fans, give the fans what they want!
            No ones saying it'll take years of hyping up. But like I said boxing is a business, What promoter would want to spend money promoting a fight thats not going profit yet. Its not like Pac and Floyd which loss steam because of other reasons which i wont mention because it'll turn into a pac floyd discussion. For the weigh class donaire is in which is the same as Rigo he is a big draw while Rigo is you know. So no, donaire does not need to fight Rigo to big a big draw. Also if you give credit to a boxer for being smart (not fighting Rigo/ducking ect.) other than his skills than your a hater.
            Last edited by MakeItRain; 01-04-2013, 04:39 AM.

Comment

I remember that, I also remember little Conception hurting him badly to the body on multiple occasions. If I recall that was a very close fight and Donaire was literally running for his damn life.

I do think he has a good chin but I am convinced he reacts horribly everytime he gets touched to the body.

If little old Arce & Conception are killing this guy to the body, hes in massive trouble when he feels one of Rigo's bodyshots.
              I remember Rigo running all night from a shot to pieces Ricardo Cordoba, so apples and oranges!

Comment

Going to be great for you & Nonito when this ''hypejob with only 11 fights who got dropped by a jab and is suspceptible to left hooks'' absolutely creams Donaire isn't it?

I want you too watch this...Forget the Mathebula fight and watch this.
                This is a 13-3-1 fighter who is tiny and out of shape to the max.

That guy is going to beat Rigondeaux? Oh Please!

you call concepcion in this fight tiny? based on this vid, he outweighs nonito by 10 plus lbs

Comment

Too me the fight wasn't that meaningful due to the time it was made but I don't hold that against Donaire and I do give him props for that fight despite the circumstances.
                  Yet your constantly calling him Conaire? Seems like contradictory...

Comment

No hes actually won me money but thanks for your concern. I don't lose money, if I do its very little and very rarely.

#1 in the division or not he was clearly well on the slide, faded and he'd been inactive for a full year. The last good performance he had was against Rendall Munroe, years back. He looked ****e against a very faded Rafael Marquez before his semi-retirement, before that he fought forget his name and again, looked rubbish despite a stoppage win.

Too me the fight wasn't that meaningful due to the time it was made but I don't hold that against Donaire and I do give him props for that fight despite the circumstances.
                    Really? you created thread from time to time to bash donaire and even calling him conaire? lol! your fooling yourself! why create Rigo thread not fighting who try to call him? I heard some boxers calling Rigo and why not create thread about that?

Comment

• This is a toss up fight for me. Rigo is the better boxer but Nonito is bigger and has more power. It will either be a KO for donaire or a decision win by Rigo. I don't see it no other way.

Comment

Working...
                      X