Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guerrero vs Berto a tainted win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

god damn berto got humiliated by a former featherweight!

HOW??

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
      I don't think so. I think it makes a big difference. I really don't believe the more elite referees would have allowed for that knockdown without a penalty. Or at the very least a hard warning. That changed the momentum of the fight quite a bit. He should have put more energy into body movement? That foul happened pretty fast. Even solid defensive fighters aren't immune and can get caught. Next you'll say Floyd should have moved his head back further as Ortiz went for the headbutt.
      RADIO!!!! your right
      It does make a difference. Why?
      Because you and I and many fans have seen it many, many times in boxing. not because its speculation or theory because its fact.
      Whether or not it may have changed the outcome of this fight is debatable but no one can argue that it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
        Bottom line to me is the ref does have a huge influence on the outcome of a fight. Berto in this case wanted an outside game, while Guerrero wanted the opposite. Had the ref intervened with every hold and clinch, the outcome would have been different. It's like aiding the offender for his illegal tactics.

That's what I saw happened in the Trout/Cotto fight. Cotto didn't have a chance to play an inside game because of the ref's unnecessary interference at the slightest clinch and hold.
        I agree for the most part. But as far as the Cotto fought, I don't remember the ref interfering unnecessarily. I was actually at that fight. I do remember a lot of times when Trout got cornered, he moved out of there very fast. I think he was pretty aware that Cotto gets off well when having his opponent cornered. That fight was closer to me than what the score cards read.

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post

god damn berto got humiliated by a former featherweight!

HOW??
          that was insane thing is the bell rang about the time Berto stopped punching

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            yeah i wonder why he let guerrero keep beating him up even after the bell lmao.

did guerrero turn berto into a sissy beta male? he overpowered him even while being a former featherweight

damn Berto's done at that level though. there's always alexander if you're a fan of clinchers.

Comment

I thought Robert fought the fight he need to and won! He smoothered and wrestled and pounded Berto right out of the fight and thats what pro fighters look to do. Keep your opponents best assets invisable, work hard to keep him off balanced and always take the lead. Fighters who don't have text book punches and athletic movements need to out hustle fighters and thats what Robery did, he's not pretty and you need to know ALOT about boxing to see his art form or better yet just try to do what he did and you'll have a new appreciation for the fighters who aren't blessed with beautifull motion and blinding hand speed. There are guys who come to the ring with guts and determination and the "will" to win. Best fight I saw all year!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                It rang loudly! Guerrero just didn't give a ****.

Comment

well at least he's not as dirty as mares....

Comment

Awww known roid user Berto got bullied around by the Featherweight. Pobrecito.

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
                      yeah i wonder why he let guerrero keep beating him up even after the bell lmao.

did guerrero turn berto into a sissy beta male? he overpowered him even while being a former featherweight

damn Berto's done at that level though. there's always alexander if you're a fan of clinchers.
                      Former featherweight doesn't mean much these days because these fighters are fighting way higher than what their natural weight is. Gamboa put on damn near 20 lbs of water weight for his last fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X