Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Challenges "Midget" Cain Velasquez To Brawl!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Cain is a great wrestler, ONLY. Anyone with the most basic striking knowledge could see that his assault on JDS was incredibly sloppy. Even a crude boxer could have dropped him quickly in that exchange. MMA had some decent heavies, but they are all retired or spent at this point. Cain is at the top because his cardio can hold up against talent-starved division. The fact that he was KO'd by a guy who he later failed to put away despite the guy being a walking dead for over 20min speaks volumes about the dismal quality of competition in that division. Cormeir is the only HW I see honest talent in.
    I've seen and heard similar comments to yours, but judging by one fight isn't right I think. Cain and Dos Santos have been dominant over other fighters. Cormier is really good but hasn't been tested much. A lot of the MMA heavyweights haven't been tested much actually.

Comment

Is Fury's dad still in jail?

Comment

Originally posted by E075340 View Post
        Fury must be smoking that good.... LOL.. he will get his ass wooped... i mean wooped .. inside that cage ... Melvin Guillard is a beast with them hands.. he trained in Houston with his boxing and was killing everybody in the boxing gym... BUTTTTTTTT when it came to the cage... its a whole different ball game.. BOXING IS ONLY A SPORT..... UFC IS MAN TO MAN COMBAT ... AKA REAL FIGHTING ... FURY needs to let me hit what he smoking couse that must be some good **** he puffing on
        UFC is gay **** wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
          UFC is gay **** wrestling.
          The UFC is an MMA organization. It's a combat sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Cain is a great wrestler, ONLY. Anyone with the most basic striking knowledge could see that his assault on JDS was incredibly sloppy. Even a crude boxer could have dropped him quickly in that exchange. MMA had some decent heavies, but they are all retired or spent at this point. Cain is at the top because his cardio can hold up against talent-starved division. The fact that he was KO'd by a guy who he later failed to put away despite the guy being a walking dead for over 20min speaks volumes about the dismal quality of competition in that division. Cormeir is the only HW I see honest talent in.
            This post makes little to no sense. You really think a "crude boxer" with only a Boxing skillset could maintain distance against Cain Velasquez to land a KO shot? You said it yourself; "CAIN IS A GREAT WRESTLER...". Even this analysis of Cain's grappling skillset is shortsighted because he has great Jiu Jitsu top control along with his dominant wrestling.

Despite MMA having a historically weak HW division, one can argue that this era has had the BEST quality of HW fighters EVER. Cain's success in the HW division isn't only due to this conditioning. The aforementioned skills contribute more to his dominance.

Cain's failure to put away JDS is a testament to JDS's conditioning. Please don't buy into this argument that JDS lost because he had poor conditioning that many people put forth...

Yes, Cormier is an awesome HW fighter as well. HOWEVER, if you watch recent interviews by Cormier, he attributes his current success to training with Cain Velasquez. He has even went as far as to say that Cain is the BEST IN THE HW DIVISION.

Comment

Lol anybody that knows anything about combat sports know fine well Cain would destroy Fury it wouldnt even be a contest, Fury wouldnt beat any top 10 UFC heavyweight in the octagon

Comment

Originally posted by sapo1 View Post
                Im not sure what to think of this!!!

But It was Great Whatching MANNY PAC GET KTFO!!!

ITS OVER PAC TURDS!!!
                what the ****, man

Comment

JDS got tired cause of Cains wrestling n got wobbled by that straight right, when you are down n have a heavyweight on top of u and u are trying to get him off but he is superior than u in wrestling its gona tired u quick, specially if u are not used to wrestling u real frustrated n more cause u are losing easily n u are probably not gona get that energy back n the other guy is on top he is really not tiring as much as u are, this are also 5 minute rounds, so u get more tired since u dont have a minute rest quicker

Also the gloves are more smaller so they have more effect on u so strikes to the chin n body, cause more damage n tiring,

MMA is a tough sport, i cant stand having a man on top of me, so to master a technique down there my respects

N i think Cain has more of a chance in the ring than Fury has in the cage

Comment

Hilarious. Fury is funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by E075340 View Post
                      Fury must be smoking that good.... LOL.. he will get his ass wooped... i mean wooped .. inside that cage ... Melvin Guillard is a beast with them hands.. he trained in Houston with his boxing and was killing everybody in the boxing gym... BUTTTTTTTT when it came to the cage... its a whole different ball game.. BOXING IS ONLY A SPORT..... UFC IS MAN TO MAN COMBAT ... AKA REAL FIGHTING ... FURY needs to let me hit what he smoking couse that must be some good **** he puffing on
                      Actually they are both sports and if they choose to box most likely Fury would win and if they fought MMA style Fury would not have a chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X