Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More disastrous cherry pick? Pacman/Oscar or Pacman/Marquez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
    Then why don't you spell it out for me then. It's beside the point of the thread, but I'll ask anyway. If most agree that Pacquiao beats Cotto at any weight and he already destroyed him. Why look to fight him again (especially after just losing) and why would he need a catchweight to do it? Are you saying that Cotto at 154lbs would've been a harder fight than marquez at 147lbs?
    Why Cotto: cause he's credible, the biggest makeble fight ppv sales wise, and Arum wanted to be back in the Cotto business. Not a fight I was looking forward to, but I'd watch it.
    Why not 154: cause he said he's done moving up, will stick to his 7th division. Clear cut, no 154 for Cotto or anyone. The 150 offered was more than fair, after Cotto goaded him into offering it. Pac wasn't even interested in going above 147, which is not a catchweight. Why do you suppose Cotto rejected 150 after asking for it earlier in the year, hit a growth spurt?

http://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-pac...-go-154--48943
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...onio-margarito

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
      Of course it's like that to Bushbaby, he only likes to give certain fighters credit. He gargles the balls of certain fighters, specifically African Americans and think they can do no wrong.
      I think people are so negative towards black fighters yall make us defend them.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        BUshbaby, when SRL did this with DUran, was it a cherrypick?

I ask because it seems when certain fighters bring a guy up, its called cherrypicking but when others do it, its an ATG giving another ATG a chance.
        Dunn, did Duran pass welterweight?? Did he go to middleweight & beyond?? Was there a 140lb division at the time?? Stupid, stupid comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Why Cotto: cause he's credible, the biggest makeble fight ppv sales wise, and Arum wanted to be back in the Cotto business. Not a fight I was looking forward to, but I'd watch it.
          Why not 154: cause he said he's done moving up, will stick to his 7th division. Clear cut, no 154 for Cotto or anyone. The 150 offered was more than fair, after Cotto goaded him into offering it. Pac wasn't even interested in going above 147, which is not a catchweight. Why do you suppose Cotto rejected 150 after asking for it earlier in the year, hit a growth spurt?

http://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-pac...-go-154--48943
          http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...onio-margarito
          Ohhhh, so Cotto was cedible, was he? So everytime someone craps on mayweather win over Cotto for being "past prime", I expect you to chime in that he was "credible" and good PPV sales.

Also, if Pacquiao was totally against fighting above 147lbs, why look for an opponent fighting above 147lbs? Why did they continually look for opponents below 147lbs as well? What they were doing was playing the numbers. Roach has always been candid about getting Pacquiao every advantage possible and so it was with Cotto. Pacquiao didn't have to bother with the stips. He should he can enter the ring at the 150lbs mark. Just do that and let Cotto worry about himself. He'd beat him anyway, right?

What Cotto did to Margarito was playing the numbers too, plain and simple. Getting that advantage just like Pacquiao did to him before and tried to do again. I can be real about it. Can you?

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
            Ohhhh, so Cotto was cedible, was he? So everytime someone craps on mayweather win over Cotto for being "past prime", I expect you to chime in that he was "credible" and good PPV sales.

Also, if Pacquiao was totally against fighting above 147lbs, why look for an opponent fighting above 147lbs? Why did they continually look for opponents below 147lbs as well? What they were doing was playing the numbers. Roach has always been candid about getting Pacquiao every advantage possible and so it was with Cotto. Pacquiao didn't have to bother with the stips. He should he can enter the ring at the 150lbs mark. Just do that and let Cotto worry about himself. He'd beat him anyway, right?

What Cotto did to Margarito was playing the numbers too, plain and simple. Getting that advantage just like Pacquiao did to him before and tried to do again. I can be real about it. Can you?
            Of course Cotto is credible, didn't Floyd call him his toughest fight or something? Now it's pretty obvious Cotto was overrated at #1 at 154, but a good win for anyone, see Trout.

I told you why they looked to Cotto. He could have simply passed, but you saw his response, he wanted Pac at 150 min until he changed his mind.

I didn't bring up Marg just for kicks. I did it cause Cotto was making the highly unusual (unprecedented?) move of asking to defend his title at a catchweight below, not to mention the rehydration limit. If you're Pac and you see Cotto requesting 150 for his 154 belt, then taunting you to offer 150, how can you think 150 would be disadvantageous to Cotto?

Comment

Oscar was supposed to lose coming in off a long layoff and severely weight draining himself.
              Pacquaio was supposed to knock Marquez the fruck out easily. JMM was old, bloated, and slowed down by muscle yet still KO'd Pac.
              Best underdog win since Buster Douglas.

Comment

Originally posted by BTTAG145 View Post
                Oscar was supposed to lose coming in off a long layoff and severely weight draining himself.
                He was? Did he know about this?

Comment

24 people actually voting for Pac vs. JMM 4 as a cherry pick fight? how the hell do you cherry pick a fighter who gave you your toughest fights and is a stylistic match up nightmare for you?

Oscar cherry picking Pacman was one of the biggest cherry pick backfires in all of boxing, dude actually calls out Pacman thinking he could lure Floyd Mayweather back or get the p4p number 1 status again after he knocks out the smaller pacman and than gets beat.

Comment

More disastrous cherry pick
                    Indeed it was because team pac never in a million years thought marquez WOULD knock his ass down or out..Hence since the Cotto fight wasn't in play, and bradley passed over he picked marquez roach was sure MP would KO JMM this time

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      24 people actually voting for Pac vs. JMM 4 as a cherry pick fight? how the hell do you cherry pick a fighter who gave you your toughest fights and is a stylistic match up nightmare for you?

Oscar cherry picking Pacman was one of the biggest cherry pick backfires in all of boxing, dude actually calls out Pacman thinking he could lure Floyd Mayweather back or get the p4p number 1 status again after he knocks out the smaller pacman and than gets beat.
                      because he turned down 40 mi, no ppv from floyd and tried to get cotto in a CW before he decided to fight JMM, of whom manny had said i have nothing more to prove against him.

Manny took the fight because he and his team saw an easy payday.

Comment

Working...
                      X