Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More disastrous cherry pick? Pacman/Oscar or Pacman/Marquez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaestix1 View Post
    lol@these C0cksucking pac fans asking how jmm 3 and 4 were cherrypicks.....if it was a cherrypick for floyd it was even more of a cherrypick for sleepy-head because floyd beat jmm like a battered wife and sleepy-head tried to pick up the scraps only to get his overrated roided ass outboxed in 3 and head knocked off in four.....the whole thing is comical and i laugh my butt off everytime i see sleepy-head laying flat on his face.......thats wtf he gets for trying to fight farce fights instead of legit competition.
    I love how they say Mayweather shouldn't get credit for Marquez but Marquez is elite when he fights Pacquiao, they like to lie a, lot.

Comment

Originally posted by jaestix1 View Post
      if jmm isnt a legit win for pbf to you tards than pac get even less credit for fighting him because jmm hasn't done **** above 140 besides get embarrassed by pbf....why don't you tards understand that? the only reason poochieao fought jmm again was because he thought jmm was old and washed up after floyd toyed with him and because cotto wouldn't drain himself again.....so no sleepy-head gets zero credit and this was a cherrypick in the purest form.
      I wouldn't dislike Pac stalkers so much if they weren't such giant hypocrites

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Now while I understand that I'm of an unpopular opinion, for any welterweight to have Marquez, who's highest effective weight was 135 come to 147 to fight is cherrypicking. Especially when you aren't a big welterweight & could easily make 140 & show some class & a willingness to give the other man a fighting chance.
        BUshbaby, when SRL did this with DUran, was it a cherrypick?

I ask because it seems when certain fighters bring a guy up, its called cherrypicking but when others do it, its an ATG giving another ATG a chance.

Comment

Marquez was a cherry pick, Arum said that Cotto was stupid to pick Trout for a fight, to me this is pretty much confirmation that Manny doesn't fight the best. This is a guy who fought Margarito after the Mosley fight that alone tells me he loves picking up scraps, if the colors were reversed Pac fans would cheer for Floyd and call Pacquiao a coward.

Comment

i think oscar/pac was the worse cherry pick.... oscar was humiliated & quit.

pac actually looked great in his last fight, he was doing some good work until he got dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              BUshbaby, when SRL did this with DUran, was it a cherrypick?

I ask because it seems when certain fighters bring a guy up, its called cherrypicking but when others do it, its an ATG giving another ATG a chance.
              Of course it's like that to Bushbaby, he only likes to give certain fighters credit. He gargles the balls of certain fighters, specifically African Americans and think they can do no wrong.

Comment

marquez-pacquiao 4

Oscar was shot by then. manny was pass prime. Oscar didn't get knocked out cold in embarrassing fashion. marquez-pacquiao 4 destroyed some of manny's earning power imo

consider who they lost to

Oscar lost to a prime or even peak manny

manny lost to a pass prime Marquez

Comment

Definitely Oscar picking Manny was a bad, bad decision and what you would call cherry-picking. He thought the boxing world was his oyster because he was Oscar De La Hoya. He totally mis-judged the weight (not Manny's fault at all) and got the beating his ego deserved.

People are right. Fighting Marquez a fourth time was not a cherry-pick, but it was a last resort. The match they REALLY wanted, Miguel Cotto at 147lbs/150lbs was the cherry-pick. This was a guy they'd already destroyed at catchweight and had just lost to Mayweather. Why they wanted him as an opponent and why they needed another catchweight still remains a mystery to me. The fact that they didn't get the cherry-pick led to Marquez and a face full of canvas.

Both situations ended up like grenades going off in their faces, but Oscar was the cherry-picker and got what he deserved. Manny was simply bested by a guy he could never beat convincingly.

DLH/Pacquiao for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
                    Why they wanted him as an opponent and why they needed another catchweight still remains a mystery to me.
                    That's cause you're dodging the answer, it's been given to you multiple times. But it's obvious as can be, you really shouldn't need anyone's help with this, provided "principle" is in your vocabulary

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      That's cause you're dodging the answer, it's been given to you multiple times. But it's obvious as can be, you really shouldn't need anyone's help with this, provided "principle" is in your vocabulary
                      Then why don't you spell it out for me then. It's beside the point of the thread, but I'll ask anyway. If most agree that Pacquiao beats Cotto at any weight and he already destroyed him. Why look to fight him again (especially after just losing) and why would he need a catchweight to do it? Are you saying that Cotto at 154lbs would've been a harder fight than marquez at 147lbs?

Comment

Working...
                      X