No announcement yet.

Schaefer says he doesn't think Canelo-Trout will happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JudahRaidersfan View Post
    Wow no really? I was clearly saying Pacquiao can face Hatton after Floyd beats him and yall call him great but if Canelo fought Cotto yall would scream ducker, get it?
    Difference is Hatton had come back and beaten Lazcano and Malinaggi, looking very impressive against Malinaggi. P4P level wins? Hell no. But he beat one decent and one world class fighter, at least showing what he had left. Cotto just came off a loss to Trout and Mayweather, his last win being over Margarito. And nobody on this board is as big a Cotto fan as me.

Comment

Wow no really? I was clearly saying Pacquiao can face Hatton after Floyd beats him and yall call him great but if Canelo fought Cotto yall would scream ducker, get it?

that was hatton's first loss. then he came back and re-gained his title and had one of his best performances against paulie. he was not considered washed up at all. fighting cotto now would be like pacquiao fighting hatton NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Half his size? Try less than that...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        Obviously it was an overstatement but nonetheless he was much bigger and he assaulted him. Archie Solis is 5'3 Canelo is 7 inches taller. It's okay for Canelo to assault him but Trout gets arrested for suspicion of public intoxication and he gets crucified? Well then at least Canelo has fought 1 top ranked opponent! Too bad it wasn't in the ring, and was he 10 classes above him. WAR CANELO
        Last edited by pugilistprophet1994; 01-02-2013, 06:45 PM.

Comment

pac fought hatton at 140 where hatton was considered the lineal champ...plus he was coming off two wins before facing pac. he had just stopped paulie malignaggi for the first time in his career before facing pac. cotto has lost two fights in a row now..plus when pac was 19 and fighting at flyweight he faced the lineal champ in his division (chatchai sasakul) and not only beat him, he knocked him out. pac didn't benefit from careful matchmaking when he was working his way up to becoming a boxing superstar. canelo won his wbc belt by beating matthew ****ing hatton (neither guy was ranked in the jr mw division)...and since then he has fought **** opposition after **** opposition.

Comment

Okay what about Margarito after Mosley after he had got caught cheating, I seem to remember everyone knew Pacquiao was going to win plus Cotto lost to Mayweather and Trout can we stop acting like that's embarrassing?

Comment

i am ready for them to announce Canelo vs Angulo as the co-main event.

Comment

Why are people talking about Pacquaio?

Comment

Rigoberto Alvarez: "Vengar a mi hermano. Austin Trout llegaron a México y hacer un tonto de la familia Alvarez en nuestra ciudad. Hizo el grito de la madre".

Canelo Alvarez: "Shut up hermano, a quien le importa si la madre llora. Austin Trout me pudiera superar a peor le venció".

Comment

I was making double standard argument cause Canelo is 22 and these posters against him, by the way went to YouTube and rewatched and yes Pacquiao- Hatton was a trash fight.

Comment

Okay what about Margarito after Mosley after he had got caught cheating, I seem to remember everyone knew Pacquiao was going to win plus Cotto lost to Mayweather and Trout can we stop acting like that's embarrassing?
                      No one is arguing big names fighters don't do that, your first instance just wasn't the right one. Pacquiao vs Mosley was a money grab too. Manny had beaten ranked contenders in his weight division and proven himself as a elite fighter. Canelo hasn't, just making money off his name when he hasn't proven anything in the sport. Don't expect people to call him an elite fighter if he continues to do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X