Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rosado Rejects Catch-Weight: I'll Face Golovkin at 160!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's straight gangsta.

Comment

Rosado deserves respect. He's dedicated himself a lot more and he looks good. That being said, I hope everyone understands how dangerous Golovkin is. I'll admit to only seeing the proska fight and a few on youtube but if you look at his amateur record, it is very very impressive. Not just the record but who he beat too. Since then, he's made his style much more pro-friendly and he hits like a truck.

Comment

Props to Gabriel Rosado.

He's a warrior not a pampered pussy like Andre Ward, who refused a catchweight of 170 for the Dawson fight.

Comment

I really like GGG and like Rosado but shit like this makes me want to cheer for Rosado to win.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            His losses and who they are to, really jumps out at me. Plus the quantity of losses in such a young career. It's not like he was "fed to the lions" either. Guys with 12-13, 3-2 records beat him.
            what should jump out is the gradual progression. The first time I saw him was against Angelo and he started out very tentative almost scared. Yeah he prefers to bang but that's not how he fought Angulo. So point A is his increase in confidence. I also noticed that he's becoming a good finisher. He's getting a feel for when to let it all hang out. He's got enough boxing skills to keep GGG at a distance. Lastly, the kid looks like he's working his ass off lately. He knows he's the underdog on paper but he doesn't buy it and he shouldn't.

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Proksa isn't feather-fisted, he was just out-gunned. Rosado has more pop than Golovkin's previous opponents and presents a bigger threat physically, but that's not necessarily gonna win him the fight. He has to use his length to his advantage and be careful to not get too reckless offensively. Don't present a stationary target for too long and pump the jab with authority. When the fight gets on the inside, don't abandon your defense cuz GGG will look to land short hooks from that distance.
            Let me start by saying that we will never agree that Proksa has any real power. If he did then he could have backed Golovkin of with a couple of those solid lefts he landed. Ouma was able to make space at times and he can't hit. The rest of what you said is right on point.

Originally posted by JudahRaidersfan View Post
            He's fun to watch but that's boxing cause everyone on his bandwagon off of YouTube without looking at who he fought, if he loses they will call him a joke.
            That sounds about right. If he wins it will unbearable when dealing with his fans. The same fans who think nothing of Rosado as of today. Rosado then becomes a great win.

Comment

Andre Ward a bytch for not taking the fight at 170? are you serious? Dawson called this man out at 168 for the super middle weight championship on HBO ! If you like what rosado did, then you should applaud dawson and not knock ward for putting a 168 pd title on the line at a 170 catch weight. Dawson is a reflection of his team - weak! they had power at the table, should have tried to use it! if the other side doesn't budge, take the negotiations to the internet, make it transparent for all to see ! Got these fans calling out professional killers from behind a keyboard -

Ward is a top 3 p4p fighter - look up his past 5 fights - put the $ on the table if you want to fight in a different locale - $ may fights up the street from where he sleeps, he's been fighting out of Vegas since 06 against Zab Judah - 7 going on 8 years -

Comment

Rosado doesn't fight at 160 though, he fights at 154 for a reason. In any case, I think he will put up a good account of himself but he has a pitbull mentality and he will trade fire with fire, or he will try to at least. If the fight was at 154, I'd give him a better chance but I think he will taste the canvas after 3 rounds at 160.

Oh well, should be great while it lasts.........funny how Boxrec has him listed as a middleweight though, he hasn't fought a MW fight in 2-1/2 years and that was the last time he lost too - Just some food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
                  Andre Ward a bytch for not taking the fight at 170? are you serious? Dawson called this man out at 168 for the super middle weight championship on HBO ! If you like what rosado did, then you should applaud dawson and not knock ward for putting a 168 pd title on the line at a 170 catch weight. Dawson is a reflection of his team - weak! they had power at the table, should have tried to use it! if the other side doesn't budge, take the negotiations to the internet, make it transparent for all to see ! Got these fans calling out professional killers from behind a keyboard -

Ward is a top 3 p4p fighter - look up his past 5 fights - put the $ on the table if you want to fight in a different locale - $ may fights up the street from where he sleeps, he's been fighting out of Vegas since 06 against Zab Judah - 7 going on 8 years -
                  Except Floyd routinely sells 1 million + PPV's regardless of opponent, Vegas has no income tax, and millions upon millions are generated for the city of Vegas when Floyd fights.

Ward on the other hand can't sell out a few thousand seats at Oracle Arena, gives up the opportunity to make twice as much money fighting an opponent in their country in front of a packed 20,000 seat stadium, and he has never even been on a PPV in his entire career much less headlined one.

Comment

He's fkn huge for 154 so there might be a method to the madness. He probably having trouble making weight or something.

GGG is top 5 current favs for me but I have to root for Rosado. This is really rare nowadays and I can't help but respect him and root for him. Best of luck.
                    Last edited by AztecWanker; 01-02-2013, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      PHILADELPHIA, PA - World ranked challenger “King” Gabriel Rosado was incredulous when he discovered that his world championship bout against WBA/IBO Middleweight World Champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin set for JANUARY 19 at Madison Square Garden in New York City would be fought at a catch weight of 158.

[Click Here To Read More]
                      Good stuff Rosado..... RESPECT !!

Comment

Working...
                      X