Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BScene’s 2012 Year End Awards: Fight of The Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch vs Bute deserves to be in the honourable mentions. Unbeaten World Champ coming overseas facing underdog former World Champ. Unbelievable atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon_Gekko View Post
      Froch vs Bute deserves to be in the honourable mentions. Unbeaten World Champ coming overseas facing underdog former World Champ. Unbelievable atmosphere.
      yea but it was a crap fight. Froch didn't give Bute a chance.

Comment

Rios Alvarado didn't exceed expectations. Going in most hardcore fans and media thought it would be a fight of the year type fight and that's what it was. If anything, it fell far below expectations when it was scheduled for only 10. Good thing it didn't matter.

Marquez Pacquaio 4 is easily the fight of the year. It had more drama and more skill, with a better finish. These two weren't just going chest to chest and letting the punches fly. They were really thinking in there and the result was brilliant. There was just the right touch of reckless action to make this a perfect fight. Rios Alvarado was awesome but it doesn't measure up

Comment

Other honourable candidates: Maidana-Karass (my second fave of the year), Matthysse-Olusegun and Josesito Lopez-Victor Ortiz.

Rios-Alvarado edges it for me. Clear FOTY.

Comment

Michael Perez SD10 Fidel Maldonado also deserved honorable mention

Comment

Rios vs Alvarado was a massive let down. No drama, little skill. Tons of hype. No overly memorable moments. It was like watching a short tough man contest.

Comment

A very fine and fair unbiased article by Cliff Rold and I am speaking primarily from the Marquez Pacman writ.

IF Pac hadn't been winning and tearing up JMM, I would be the first to tell Pac to hang it up. like NOW !!!!!

But

Pac was definitely winning the fight so I think he deserves the rematch to see if He is done or not.

Its obvious to me that "FIRE FIGHTERS" don't last as long in boxing as those who lay back waiting on the fire to counter,,,,hence JMM May Jr.

I watched the 1973 fight live between the KILLER JOE FRAZIER and George Foreman. I thought just as Joe had about killed everybody including Ali that he would murder Big George and even that first knockdown I thought OH NO Joe will be mad now and he will get up and KO Foreman making it a nasty short nite of boxing, I wanted to see more but WOW what I saw blew me away !!!!

I can't remember JOE being the same murderer after that fight !

Going back to Clay Liston,,,LISTON, the feared ONE, KO in both hands, beaten soundly and rocked by Clay quit in round 7 and was not the same afterward.

Only a certain few will come back and its THE TEST OF GREATNESS

For me ALI and Fraizer proved their Greatness in The Trilla in Manilla.

Lennox Lewis proved his greatness coming back from two killer KO's

Pac if he wants to prove his greatness he can by coming back and beating JMM

IF Pac wants to retire, he has done more like Mr. Rold said than any other boxer in HISTORY including socalled "precious".

I don't want anyone dead or brain dead or harmed but I think the one armed little midget one dimensional left hand crazy pinoy has it in him for GREATNESS and can come back but thats just me.

Great fighters come back from disaster and prove their greatness, and for me thats how I know they are great.

Great fighters take on all comers with out fear or favor

Self proclaimed greatness by some fighters are blowing wind until they are proven, those who duck and dodge a threat are only great in the minds of a few and if those make it thru to the end without a loss means nothing in the greatness catagory, it only means they wormed their way around adversity, they wormed their way thru elites of the day without facing them in their prime, it only means they waited til the dust was settled by OTHERS and then walks upon the beaten heap to claim Supremacy !

I say BALDERDASH to that S###

Comment

GUERRERO vs BERTO in my opinion!!!

Comment

Sebastien Gauthier vs Rodrigo Guerrero was my runner up Fight of the Year after Pac vs Marquez. Then Maidana vs Karasss and followed by Rios vs Alvarado.

I don't get what people see in Berto vs Guerrero at all.

Comment

Good choice. Marquez/Pacquiao IV was exciting from start to finish. I also enjoyed Rios/Alvarado, Berto/Guerrero, and Matthysse/Olusegun.

Comment

Working...
                      X