No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Martinez Still Target Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
    This fight will never be made, floyd wants to continue with his undefeated record
    Yeah, I think he beats Floyd at 154. Not sure that Martinez can even make 154. If he can Why not drop down and fight Cotto and make some $?

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      They will both be fighting in September so hopefully after they both win the bout can be made for 2014.
      Don't think that fight will ever get made. Unless Martinez ages in his next fight. Hight risk low reward even if he fought Martinez and KO'd him (Which would never happen) People will always discredit Mayweather.

Comment

• if chicken floyd ducked a midget pacquiao many times, there's no reason why he should not ducked martinez who is literally bigger than pacquiao...

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
          Even if Floyd moved up to beat Martinez, he wouldn't sniff Duran's spot on the ATG list. You know this so why make the comparison? Also Floyd doesn't get as fat as Duran did, he is a fit welter and Duran was a party animal getting fat and fighting out of MW because he was undisciplined.

Debatable.. If Floyd start beating up top MW'S? A case could very well be made.. Yes we know Duran's got Leonard and that insane 70's Run.. but if Floyd dominates the 160( highly unlikely) his ATG Rankings go up at least 10+ spots...

Comment

• but knowing chicken floyd, who knows he get some balls this 2013 and fight martinez. i thought chicken floyd will win.

Comment

• Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
              if chicken floyd ducked a midget pacquiao many times, there's no reason why he should not ducked martinez who is literally bigger than pacquiao...
              Go talk to Bob Arum. He's the reason the fight doesnt get made. Besides Pac is taylor made for Floyd. Short forward coming fighter with average defense. Nothing against Pac. I think he's a hell of a fighter but, would lose to Floyd like he did to Marguez in the last fight. Probly worse...

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                Debatable.. If Floyd start beating up top MW'S? A case could very well be made.. Yes we know Duran's got Leonard and that insane 70's Run.. but if Floyd dominates the 160( highly unlikely) his ATG Rankings go up at least 10+ spots...
                Floyd can't even bust 152lbs he's not going to beat anyone at 160 that's notable. I don't even think he beats Trout at 154. 147 is his max he's not big enough to do any damage there. He's getting by on skill at 147. Besides Cotto who is a small JMW nothing in that weight class worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rasdun View Post
                  I agree mayweather would win, just like most thought May would beat Pac. He still won't do it though. everyone has to realize that May will choose every opponent at exactly the right time - look at his last group of opponents. other than Marquez (who had to move up 12 lbs for their foght), none have had any big wins since bc they were either past their prime (de la Hoya, Mosely, Cotto) or never really that good to begin wit (Ortiz)
                  Didn't Mosley demolish Margarito who was the WW champion prior to fighting Floyd?

Comment

• Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
                    It was posted here on the site. Don't know how you missed it. http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...tto-147--52590
                    That's just Mayweather talking ****, I don't believe him for a second.

Comment

• Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                      That's just Mayweather talking ****, I don't believe him for a second.
                      Damn, you read the writing and still can't believe it. That wasn't Mayweather who said he weighed 147, it was the writer. Mayweather said he was sick and had a hurt hand, those were his words

Comment

Working...
                      X