Castillo v Floyd I "It's not the fight we saw"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    I haven't seen this thread in a week. Right on time

What up Chudd...........I don't think I ever seen your official scorecard for this fight..... How did U score it?

Comment

Just like the poll says, castillo won fairly clearly. Even Floyd fans admit this on a constant basis.

Comment

People who weren't watching boxing back then or fans with bias always say Floyd lost. They don't even remember how the fight went.

Please post a link

of the fight so that fans who just started watching boxing can see for themselves that Floyd clearly won.

Comment

Floyd had the first 5. Maybe 4-1 Floyd. Castillo took more rounds late to win the fight. That 10-8 round really screwed Floyd over.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            Castillo won pretty clearly.....

this thread gets made every two weeks and it always ends with Castillo winning the poll

Floyd's die hard fans are going to come in spam and say

-Floyd had a shoulder injury
            -It was a close fight that Floyd won
            -Floyd beat him in the rematch which proved the beating Floyd took in the first fight didn't actually happen.
            Floyd did have an injury, which he complained about from the second round! Its not like he complained about it after the fight as an excuse! He spoke about it from the beginning of the fight! That said, he still lost! Its not bad to say why he lost, when he had a legitimate excuse!

Comment

If the rematch had turned out like Mancini-Bramble II or something, I might understand the constant discussion of this fight, but it didn't. The point of an immediate rematch after a close fight is to put doubts to rest before moving on. The rematch happened and the decision wasn't disputed. Why do people harp on this one so much?

I will never understand the obsession over this fight.
              Last edited by paulf; 12-31-2012, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                Castillo won pretty clearly.....

this thread gets made every two weeks and it always ends with Castillo winning the poll

Floyd's die hard fans are going to come in spam and say

-Floyd had a shoulder injury
                -It was a close fight that Floyd won
                -Floyd beat him in the rematch which proved the beating Floyd took in the first fight didn't actually happen.
                Originally posted by paulf View Post
                If the rematch had turned out like Mancini-Bramble II or something, I might understand the constant discussion of this fight, but it didn't. The point of an immediate rematch after a close fight is to put doubts to rest before moving on. The rematch happened and the decision wasn't disputed. Why do people harp on the one so much?

I will never understand the obsession over this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                  People who weren't watching boxing back then or fans with bias always say Floyd lost. They don't even remember how the fight went.

Please post a link

of the fight so that fans who just started watching boxing can see for themselves that Floyd clearly won.

I'll post the fight......give me a minute

Comment

cant find it

Comment

I found it.

Comment

Working...
                      X