Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Chambers Ready To Grab Lebedev's Challenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glad Eddie's wised up finally...should b great bout...hopefully he's 100% healthy...look forward 2 this...

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
      Hopefully fast eddie can get his W this time. He should move down to cruiser again, as should Cunningham.
      Yep. All the small heavies should move back down to Cruiser and we'd have a stacked division with all kinds of good match-ups... Kayode, Huck, Chambers, Cunningham, Adamek, Lebedev

Comment

i don't know if this is a good move. chambers is a small HW & has spent his whole career fighting bigger & slower guys. this could end up being another tarver\jones 2 or george\byrd...i never minded guys moving up in weight but have never been a fan of guys moving down especially from HW. shane cameron recently had to get down to 190lbs to fight green after being 220 vs barrett & he was way too slow.

Comment

chambers has beat some good HWs & had fights with several HWs much bigger then himself & he did well. i'd stay at HW if i was him.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            chambers has beat some good HWs & had fights with several HWs much bigger then himself & he did well. i'd stay at HW if i was him.
            But wouldn't Chambers be able to earn a bigger pay check being king at cruiser, than being a HW journeyman?
            Last edited by Weltschmerz; 12-31-2012, 01:13 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Good choice for both guys, & a great matchup.

Lebedev will probably never get Jones in the ring, who just doesn't seem to want to fight, & Huck is obviously not keen on a rematch after the controversial split to Lebedev the last time.
              This is likely the best money fight out there for him, & a win would likely force Huck into a rematch & make him impossible for Hernandez to avoid.

For Chambers, the loss to Adamek (in a toss-up fight) means he needs a good win to get back in the big-time, & a win puts him right into a match with Huck or Hernandez, both big money fights in Europe.

Hopefully the fight get's signed soon.

Comment

Prediction: Eddie Chambers wins 9 of 12 rounds clearly but loses by a wide margin on the cards. Tunney posts his agreement with the judges scoring within 5 minutes after the cards are read.

Comment

I really want this fight to be made..... I have a poster in mind I'm going to be looking for if it does

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                    But wouldn't Chambers be able to earn a bigger pay check being king at cruiser, than being a HW journeyman?
                    When he's healthy he's a top 10-15 heavyweight. He's not a journeyman. I guess losing to wladimir, povetkin & controversial loss to adamek(fighting with one arm for 8 rounds)makes you a journeyman? The guy can make the move down but lebedev will be much faster then what chambers is use to fighting. I hope it works out for him but he's a HW in my eyes even though he fights between 202-210. I'm not even sure if he would be the best CW.

Comment

Working...
                    X