Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets have sum fun for the end of the year,Floyd haters who has floyd ducked,debate!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    WHEN DID HE DUCK Tszyu??when he was injured or after he lost to Hatton??cause when he moved up he was injured...then he returned and fought Mitchell again them lost to Hatton,so when was Floyd suppose to fight him?

and as far as cotto and margo once again

Arum stated that Mayweather would have fought Margarito for the 8 million, but he wanted a guaranteed 10 million to fight Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton. Arum only guaranteed him 7 million. And for those who don’t know Cotto and Hatton were at the Mayweather-Gatti fight and Cotto was ranked number 5 by the ring at the time (Proof: Listen to the commentary Jim Lampley at the end of round 5) . Cotto had just moved up to the 140 pound weight class and he didn’t make an offer to fight Mayweather after the Gatti fight.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn’t interested in participating in. “That’s not in the cards,” Arum said. “He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It’s not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold ‘em and when to fold ‘em. We’ll talk about things down the road.” Notice this part Arum was talking.
    LOL ok Larry. The Tszyu duck was covered years ago. But, I'll pull up the old thread just for you. It's one of my faves.

Comment

Floyd faced the #1 fighter according to the Ring in every division he fought in
      gatti was the #1 contender not the champ. same thing as margarito but floyd never fought margarito...weird!

Comment

keep it coming im just warming up

Comment

Floyd faced the #1 fighter according to the Ring in every division he fought in
          The Ring also has Adrien Broner as the 6th best fighter in the world, are you gonna defend that?

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          yep that sums it up nicely. he's either completely detached from reality or a great troll. either way i like him. even floyd's best friend said he was ducking pac and with an overwhelming mountain of evidence he tries to defend floyd day after day. i hope he's getting paid or at least gets to sniff floyd's undies for doing this.
          I hope so. He would probably doesn't mind if he does it for free though.

Comment

he wasnt signed to shaw??that makes 0 sense,and he made the demand to aru before baldo..try and keep up
            i meant dan goosen. i forgot who promoted that bum baldomir but anyway when arum tried to get him to fight margarito he made insane demands. no demands to fight baldomir. why couldn't he just fight margarito for 8 mill? it was his career high. instead he made a bunch of nonsense demands only to accept the same 8 mill months later to fight baldomir but with no demands. of course this hypocrisy will be completely lost on you.
            Last edited by daggum; 12-30-2012, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
              LOL ok Larry. The Tszyu duck was covered years ago. But, I'll pull up the old thread just for you. It's one of my faves.
              pull it up id love to see how he ducked an injured fighter
              gatti was the #1 contender not the champ. same thing as margarito but floyd never fought margarito...weird!
              Hatton was the champ when he fought Gatti and his camp said he wasnt ready for floyd

Mayweather-Hatton likely in 2006
              By Ben Dirs, BBC UK

Floyd Mayweather's trainer says a fight with Ricky Hatton is likely to take place in New York some time in 2006.

Mayweather was set for a super-fight with Zab Judah in April before the latter lost his undisputed welterweight crown to Carlos Baldomir on Saturday.

Roger Mayweather told BBC Sport: "The fact Floyd's fight against Judah is off means a fight against Hatton is much bigger now and much easier to make.

"Floyd wants it, but he isn't going to fight in front of Hatton's home crowd."

Baldomir upsets Judah for title

Floyd Mayweather is a former three-weight world champion and regarded by many as the best pound-for-pound fighter in boxing.

He was set to make $6m (£3.4m) from the fight against Judah and he may want to push through a fight with Hatton, the IBF and WBA light welterweight champion, to recoup his losses.

Hatton's going to be a punch bag because he's got no defence
              Roger Mayweather

"They're the best in their division so it adds up," added Roger Mayweather, Floyd's uncle. "And people are trying to make it happen."

Hatton's camp recently stated they would like two tune-up fights in America before facing Mayweather, so any match is likely to take place in the winter.

Roger Mayweather said his charge may mark time with a fight against WBC welterweight titlist Baldomir.

And he said his fighter would not be losing any sleep over a showdown with Manchester's Hatton.

"I'm confident Floyd will beat anyone in the world. Hatton's going to be a punch bag because he's got no defence.

"He's a tough guy and takes risks. But against Floyd, those risks are going to cost him."

Comment

i meant dan goosen. i forgot who promoted that bum baldomir but anyway when arum tried to get him to fight margarito he made insane demands. no demands to fight baldomir. why couldn't he just fight margarito for 8 mill? it was his career high. instead he made a bunch of nonsense demands only to accept the same 8 mill months later to fight baldomir but with no demands. of course this hypocrisy will be completely lost on you.
                he accepted 8 million to fight the lineal champ and made over 20 million his next fight with oscar a fight he would not have gotten with Arum..how do you not understand if he stayed with Arum he would have continued to be low balled just like Manny was.Arum aint **** Floyd and Oscar left and made way more then they could have if they stayed...

Comment

Mayweather and the 5 Bums: and how he ducked Kostya Tszyu

keep it coming im just warming up
                  Mayweather and the 5 Bums

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After seeing the incredible allegations of a few Mayweatherites here alleging that the great Jr. Welter Weight Champ Kostya Tszyu ran from Floyd Mayweather, Jr., I was inspired to set the record straight. My findings:

After a truly impressive campaign at 130, Floyd moved to 135 in 2002. The problem began here and it's name was Jose Luis Castillo. After losing to Castillo on everybody's card but the judges' in the first fight, Mayweather used his defensive skills to salvage his reputation in the rematch. After that scare, Mayweather then proceeded to call on the hapless Lovemore N'dou. N'dou unexpectedly proved a stiff test, but Floyd passed it. Bum number one was conquered. Who would the self proclaimed greatest fight next? We were immediately deflated. Sosa was served up like a cold fish on April 19, 2003.

Fully in stride now, Mayweather moved up to Jr. Welter (140), where hall of famer Kostya Tszyu reigned supreme. Instead of calling on Tszyu, Floyd proceeded to feed on a steady diet of bums. On May 22, 2004, it was Demarcus Corley. On January 22, 2005, it was Henry Bruseles. And, on June 25, 2005, Floyd dismantled the last of the 5 bums, the washed up warrior, Arturo Gatti. 5 bums and no Tszyu.

Tszyu fought in 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005. He was top ten p4p in all those years. He began that period of time as the Jr. Welter Weight unified undisputed champion (the first to do it in 30 years). During the mid portion of that period he held two titles, and finally lost the IBF title to Ricky Hatton in June 2005. He retired after that fight at age 36. During this period, there were no serious inquiries from the Floyd camp about a fight against Tszyu. Cheap talk, no walk.

After initially posting my opinion that it was Floyd that ran, not Tszyu, I became the subject of a veritable deluge of outrage, criticism, and lewd (but somewhat entertaining) invective by certain Mayweatherites on this site. I want to thank each and every foul mouthed one of you. You inspired me to PROVE my opinion with evidence, evidence of which you said was non-existent. Mr. Dios Dominicano and his gang maintain that Tszyu never, I repeat NEVER, made one single statement indicating his desire to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. and thus somehow "ran" from Floyd.

Exhibit #1: KOSTYA TSZYU DENIES DEAL TO FIGHT HATTON

According to a recent report by GRANTLEE KIEZA, Kostya Tszyu has again confirmed there is no deal to fight hard-hitting Englishman Ricky Hatton for $5million. Two weeks ago Tszyu told The Daily Telegraph exclusively that he wasn't fighting Hatton on March 5 in Manchester as the British press had announced and was forced to repeat his position yesterday after reports out of England saying a deal had been made.

Before heading off to his native Russia to collect a major award from President Vladimir Putin, Tszyu said yesterday: "I am not fighting Ricky Hatton in Manchester anytime soon.

"I can't believe Hatton's promoter [Frank Warren] is still saying I am fighting him because there has been no deal made.

"Right now I am having a holiday for a few weeks and just enjoying time with my wife and kids. When it is time to fight again we will see who is on offer. But I promised my family I would not be training over Christmas so I will certainly not be fighting again by March."

When told that Warren said he had a verbal agreement with Tszyu's American-based promoter Vlad Warton, Tszyu smiled and said: "I decide who I fight, no one else."

Tszyu said he was far more interested in an offer of $10.5 million from American promoter Murad Muhammad to fight WBC champion Arturo Gatti and former world junior-lightweight and lightweight champion Floyd Mayweather.

"I want to fight them both," Tszyu said. "They mean a lot more on the world scene than Ricky Hatton."

12-14-2004
                  kostya-tszyu-news.newslib.com/story/2381-1113289/

Exhibit #2: KOSTYA TSZYU INTERVIEW

Scoop: Comment on fighting Floyd Mayweather...

Kostya Tszyu: "It would be a great fight. I fought his uncle (Roger-W 12 in '95 in Newcastle, Australia) who's training him now. It would be good to fight him too. I remember after Olympic Games ('96) we were in same room as Bob Arum, he just started his career. I already was world champion. It would be a good, good matchup. If the short time will be able to produce this match, it will be a great fight."

October 25, 2004
                  www.********boxing.com/news.php?p=2064&more=1

ARGUMENT:
                  Just as I always said, Tszyu was always open to any top contender at 140, ESPECIALLY Floyd. Floyd simply did not want any piece of Tszyu. Who knows, maybe uncle Roger didn't like the idea?

You will note that Tszyu destroyed Sharmba Mitchell (4 knockdowns and KO in the 3rd) on November 6, 2004. Tszyu remained unsigned and available to take a fight with Floyd for roughly two months after that fight. Mayweather didn't sign to fight Gatti until after January 30, 2005.

Unfortunately for boxing, DURING THIS TIME PERIOD Floyd never muttered a word. Instead of going after one of the greatest 140 champions of modern times, Floyd signed to fight the fifth installment in our gallery of bums, Arturo Gatti. There was no mention of Tszyu. There were no inquiries about getting the fight. There was nothing but a resounding wall of silence. Result? Tszyu signed to fight Ricky Hatton, and the rest is history.

This is evidence. Floyd can talk it up all he wants AFTER the fact. It doesn't matter. The self proclaimed "greatest of all time" skipped out on a real fight of historical proportions against the man.

I present to you, "The Theory of the 5 Bums."

Comment

end thread

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
                      Mayweather and the 5 Bums

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After seeing the incredible allegations of a few Mayweatherites here alleging that the great Jr. Welter Weight Champ Kostya Tszyu ran from Floyd Mayweather, Jr., I was inspired to set the record straight. My findings:

After a truly impressive campaign at 130, Floyd moved to 135 in 2002. The problem began here and it's name was Jose Luis Castillo. After losing to Castillo on everybody's card but the judges' in the first fight, Mayweather used his defensive skills to salvage his reputation in the rematch. After that scare, Mayweather then proceeded to call on the hapless Lovemore N'dou. N'dou unexpectedly proved a stiff test, but Floyd passed it. Bum number one was conquered. Who would the self proclaimed greatest fight next? We were immediately deflated. Sosa was served up like a cold fish on April 19, 2003.

Fully in stride now, Mayweather moved up to Jr. Welter (140), where hall of famer Kostya Tszyu reigned supreme. Instead of calling on Tszyu, Floyd proceeded to feed on a steady diet of bums. On May 22, 2004, it was Demarcus Corley. On January 22, 2005, it was Henry Bruseles. And, on June 25, 2005, Floyd dismantled the last of the 5 bums, the washed up warrior, Arturo Gatti. 5 bums and no Tszyu.

Tszyu fought in 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005. He was top ten p4p in all those years. He began that period of time as the Jr. Welter Weight unified undisputed champion (the first to do it in 30 years). During the mid portion of that period he held two titles, and finally lost the IBF title to Ricky Hatton in June 2005. He retired after that fight at age 36. During this period, there were no serious inquiries from the Floyd camp about a fight against Tszyu. Cheap talk, no walk.

After initially posting my opinion that it was Floyd that ran, not Tszyu, I became the subject of a veritable deluge of outrage, criticism, and lewd (but somewhat entertaining) invective by certain Mayweatherites on this site. I want to thank each and every foul mouthed one of you. You inspired me to PROVE my opinion with evidence, evidence of which you said was non-existent. Mr. Dios Dominicano and his gang maintain that Tszyu never, I repeat NEVER, made one single statement indicating his desire to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. and thus somehow "ran" from Floyd.

Exhibit #1: KOSTYA TSZYU DENIES DEAL TO FIGHT HATTON

According to a recent report by GRANTLEE KIEZA, Kostya Tszyu has again confirmed there is no deal to fight hard-hitting Englishman Ricky Hatton for $5million. Two weeks ago Tszyu told The Daily Telegraph exclusively that he wasn't fighting Hatton on March 5 in Manchester as the British press had announced and was forced to repeat his position yesterday after reports out of England saying a deal had been made.

Before heading off to his native Russia to collect a major award from President Vladimir Putin, Tszyu said yesterday: "I am not fighting Ricky Hatton in Manchester anytime soon.

"I can't believe Hatton's promoter [Frank Warren] is still saying I am fighting him because there has been no deal made.

"Right now I am having a holiday for a few weeks and just enjoying time with my wife and kids. When it is time to fight again we will see who is on offer. But I promised my family I would not be training over Christmas so I will certainly not be fighting again by March."

When told that Warren said he had a verbal agreement with Tszyu's American-based promoter Vlad Warton, Tszyu smiled and said: "I decide who I fight, no one else."

Tszyu said he was far more interested in an offer of $10.5 million from American promoter Murad Muhammad to fight WBC champion Arturo Gatti and former world junior-lightweight and lightweight champion Floyd Mayweather.

"I want to fight them both," Tszyu said. "They mean a lot more on the world scene than Ricky Hatton."

12-14-2004
                      kostya-tszyu-news.newslib.com/story/2381-1113289/

Exhibit #2: KOSTYA TSZYU INTERVIEW

Scoop: Comment on fighting Floyd Mayweather...

Kostya Tszyu: "It would be a great fight. I fought his uncle (Roger-W 12 in '95 in Newcastle, Australia) who's training him now. It would be good to fight him too. I remember after Olympic Games ('96) we were in same room as Bob Arum, he just started his career. I already was world champion. It would be a good, good matchup. If the short time will be able to produce this match, it will be a great fight."

October 25, 2004
                      www.********boxing.com/news.php?p=2064&more=1

ARGUMENT:
                      Just as I always said, Tszyu was always open to any top contender at 140, ESPECIALLY Floyd. Floyd simply did not want any piece of Tszyu. Who knows, maybe uncle Roger didn't like the idea?

You will note that Tszyu destroyed Sharmba Mitchell (4 knockdowns and KO in the 3rd) on November 6, 2004. Tszyu remained unsigned and available to take a fight with Floyd for roughly two months after that fight. Mayweather didn't sign to fight Gatti until after January 30, 2005.

Unfortunately for boxing, DURING THIS TIME PERIOD Floyd never muttered a word. Instead of going after one of the greatest 140 champions of modern times, Floyd signed to fight the fifth installment in our gallery of bums, Arturo Gatti. There was no mention of Tszyu. There were no inquiries about getting the fight. There was nothing but a resounding wall of silence. Result? Tszyu signed to fight Ricky Hatton, and the rest is history.

This is evidence. Floyd can talk it up all he wants AFTER the fact. It doesn't matter. The self proclaimed "greatest of all time" skipped out on a real fight of historical proportions against the man.

I present to you, "The Theory of the 5 Bums."
                      Tszyu did not fight until nov 2004 cause he was injured then lost to hatton in june 2006 get real how did floyd duck him?

Comment

Working...
                      X