Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does ginger take a risk with a Floyd fight looming?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    Yes he is and that is a certified fact
    But really, he should be barely Top 10 right now, based on actually performances over quality opposition man.

Canelo needs to fight Austin Trout, or if not him, Angulo/Kirkland at least. Those would be legit wins at least.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      That's like trying to imagine Canelo fighting someone like.....Joseito Lopez.

But even they wouldn't stoop that low.
      Marcos Maidana is a great opponent. If Alvarez beat him, I'd be convinced.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        That makes me shudder to imagine the opponent. They thought he would stop Shane Mosley and he never came close. An opponent worse than that is an awful thought.

i don't really see any guys like that out there. shane was a big name who was completely shot. i can't think of any fighters fitting that description right now. i'd have to go through the top 50 at boxrec.

in fact, i'm going to go through them right now, and see if i can figure which direction they'll head.

knowing shaeffer's tendencies with canelo, i'll have to check 147 and 140 as well. they might pick another little one.

angulo isn't a top fighter, but i can't think of anybody who wouldn't be entertained by that scrap.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          That makes me shudder to imagine the opponent. They thought he would stop Shane Mosley and he never came close. An opponent worse than that is an awful thought.
          I don't think it can get any worse than a shot Mosley.

Comment

Then you are delusional...
            I wouldn't say it's delusional.

I don't agree and I would pick Canelo to win. That's more to do with the fact I think the Prison time has effected Angulo. He doesn't seem the same fighter, and I didn't rate him too highly before that.

But, he can still punch. And harder than anyone Canelo has faced by a wide margin. A legit, strong, hard punching Jr Middleweight.

We honestly don't know how Canelo would handle that at this point.

Comment

Yes he is and that is a certified fact
              He's around #5

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I think it will be interesting to see how he takes Angulo's punches. We know he can be hurt, but we don't know how good his chin really is at this point.

He's not hard to find, Angulo will hit him.

I just think Canelo will also hit Angulo and possibly hurt him badly.

I'd like to see that fight though. I'm not really sure how good Angulo is after his time inside. He didn't look good to me in his last fight.

looked much worse than he used to, and that's saying a lot, because he was never terrific to begin with.

this is the man who had serious issues with kermit cintron, and hit by two out of three punches thrown by jim kirkland.

in a perfect world, canelo fights trout. winner gets floyd mayweather.

Comment

Wouldnt be surprised if it is Angulo, he looked horrible against a tiny fragile looking fighter last time

He has completely stopped moving his head and looks slow as hell and was also stunned by a few punches

Canelo should easily stop him if he doesnt fight him like pu$$y

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i don't really see any guys like that out there. shane was a big name who was completely shot. i can't think of any fighters fitting that description right now. i'd have to go through the top 50 at boxrec.

in fact, i'm going to go through them right now, and see if i can figure which direction they'll head.

knowing shaeffer's tendencies with canelo, i'll have to check 147 and 140 as well. they might pick another little one.

angulo isn't a top fighter, but i can't think of anybody who wouldn't be entertained by that scrap.
                    Angulo would at least be a step in the right direction, and if Alvarez is anything close to the truth he would win and look good doing so. The only risk in that fight is his chin.

If they want zero risk, they wouldn't make a fight with Angulo, but hopefully they aren't thinking that extreme.

Comment

Then you are delusional...
                      Yeah, they've said that when I picked Trout over Cotto & when I picked Mares over Moreno too.

I don't forget though. I know ginger hasn't been in there with a natural jr middleweight with Angulo's type of power. I also don't recall seeing Angulo dangerously hurt outside of his fight with another murderous puncher in Kirkland.

I know why you're backing ginger. But don't call me delusional because I don't give him the benefit of the doubt just because he may be fighting your guy next. It is a fact ginger hasn't really proven anything at 154. Except he can beat European level fighters, old men & smaller fighters & or shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X