No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Denies Fifth Pacquiao Fight, No Decision Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    No problem with having a different opinion but cool it with the name calling bud. It's not necessary. We are not here to get any medals just discuss and have a few laughs. OK?

Everyone that I spoke to thought for the most part, Manny was in control and had Marquez in trouble to the point that one felt that Marquez may get knocked out. There was no point where I felt Marquez was in any control of this fight. Marquez made this one closer than it was because he got 2 points for that knock down but then Manny took control, knocked down Marquez and had him in real trouble. Marquez had trouble walking in the 5th round because of the punch he got. In the 6th it appeared as though he was having problems breathing from his nose and was on the defensive and getting hit with some good shots.

That KO came out of left field and nobody saw it coming. It was a real shocker.

The point was that Manny had a chance of beating Marquez so a 5th fight is still possible. If Marquez had won every round decisively and Manny looked completely out of it then there would be no point of a number 5.

I see #5 being the most anticipated fight ever. That in itself should point you to, we are not sure of how #5 will play out.

While it didn't end the way I wanted it, the fight was great. Marquez KO of Manny is classic stuff. This is what makes boxing a great sport. With one punch, the momentum can change dramatically.
    The part in bold is where you're wrong. The KO punch didn't come out of left field and there were people who saw Marquez landing that counter right hand all night. It was a close fight that was going back n forth. Sure Pacquiao had Marquez hurt in the previous round, but he was not dominating the fight as so many of you insist upon trying to suggest. There's really no need for a 5th fight, this was the clear-cut decisive ending that people have been waiting for.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      No problem with having a different opinion but cool it with the name calling bud. It's not necessary. We are not here to get any medals just discuss and have a few laughs. OK?

Everyone that I spoke to thought for the most part, Manny was in control and had Marquez in trouble to the point that one felt that Marquez may get knocked out. There was no point where I felt Marquez was in any control of this fight. Marquez made this one closer than it was because he got 2 points for that knock down but then Manny took control, knocked down Marquez and had him in real trouble. Marquez had trouble walking in the 5th round because of the punch he got. In the 6th it appeared as though he was having problems breathing from his nose and was on the defensive and getting hit with some good shots.

That KO came out of left field and nobody saw it coming. It was a real shocker.

The point was that Manny had a chance of beating Marquez so a 5th fight is still possible. If Marquez had won every round decisively and Manny looked completely out of it then there would be no point of a number 5.

I see #5 being the most anticipated fight ever. That in itself should point you to, we are not sure of how #5 will play out.

While it didn't end the way I wanted it, the fight was great. Marquez KO of Manny is classic stuff. This is what makes boxing a great sport. With one punch, the momentum can change dramatically.
      Probably the best post of the thread. Green one coming chief. That's exactly the way i see it. Too bad it was in response to "strechedidiot". There's no point in wasting time with that piece of crap.

Marquez deserves all the credit in the world. But as a warrior, he should know Pacquiao deserves that rematch too. I know there's a lot of respect between them, and they know real boxing fan are expecting for a 5th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
        First off, Pacquiao certainly did not "give" Marquez 3 matches prior to the latest. The first one, Marquez gave Pacquiao a shot at HIS title. So lets forget that misinformation. Second, Pacquiao didn't "give" any rematches from the goodness of his heart. The fact that he couldn't beat Marquez decisively made those rematches inveitable. Controversial endings and market forces brought those rematches about (controversy alone wasn't enough to get a Pacquiao/Bradley rematch, was it?). Third, the fourth match wouldn't have happened if Cotto had agreed to play his part in making Manny look like superman again by accepting a catchweight fight (AGAIN). That's what Top Rank wanted, not another encounter with Marquez. Seeing as their weren't any decent options after Cotto told them to "do one", Marquez it was. They thought him being a little bit older might mean they could finally beat him. This fourth fight was billed as the one to end all arguments, all controversy and prove who was the better man by a decisive win, even a KO if either man could get it. One man did, so what's the problem?

Arum wants another match because he knows it's a money spinner. He doesn't care who gets seriously hurt and would happily flog both men to death if it mean more money for him.

Pacquiao fans seem to want another match because they can't seem to deal with the way this last fight ended. Not in their wildest dreams did they think it would be Pacquiao lying face down on the canvas. How much money either makes is nothing to us really as doesn't affect our lives so talking about it is moot. People should just be honest and admit that they invested so much in Pacquiao in some weird sycophantic way and can't deal with his being planked. We've had everything from "lucky punches" to "PEDs! PEDs!". So there just HAS to be another match where he can get revenge, right?

Well, I think it's all in Marquez' hands. He doesn't owe anybody anything and has nothing to prove. If he feels like he can do it again and wants to. Cool. If not, both men should just go their separate ways and be happy with giving the fans a great quadrilogy. Pac's fans need to accept it or get some counselling or something.
        FINALLY!! GREAT POST, thank you Marvellous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
          The part in bold is where you're wrong. The KO punch didn't come out of left field and there were people who saw Marquez landing that counter right hand all night. It was a close fight that was going back n forth. Sure Pacquiao had Marquez hurt in the previous round, but he was not dominating the fight as so many of you insist upon trying to suggest. There's really no need for a 5th fight, this was the clear-cut decisive ending that people have been waiting for.
          All night?? I saw Marquez landing the same punch seconds after being knocked down. "There were people"?? Are we talking about The Hobbit or some legendary stuff ?? Did YOU saw Marquez landind that counter right all night??
          Last edited by DominiBox; 12-30-2012, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
            First off, Pacquiao certainly did not "give" Marquez 3 matches prior to the latest. The first one, Marquez gave Pacquiao a shot at HIS title. So lets forget that misinformation. Second, Pacquiao didn't "give" any rematches from the goodness of his heart. The fact that he couldn't beat Marquez decisively made those rematches inveitable. Controversial endings and market forces brought those rematches about (controversy alone wasn't enough to get a Pacquiao/Bradley rematch, was it?). Third, the fourth match wouldn't have happened if Cotto had agreed to play his part in making Manny look like superman again by accepting a catchweight fight (AGAIN). That's what Top Rank wanted, not another encounter with Marquez. Seeing as their weren't any decent options after Cotto told them to "do one", Marquez it was. They thought him being a little bit older might mean they could finally beat him. This fourth fight was billed as the one to end all arguments, all controversy and prove who was the better man by a decisive win, even a KO if either man could get it. One man did, so what's the problem?

Arum wants another match because he knows it's a money spinner. He doesn't care who gets seriously hurt and would happily flog both men to death if it mean more money for him.

Pacquiao fans seem to want another match because they can't seem to deal with the way this last fight ended. Not in their wildest dreams did they think it would be Pacquiao lying face down on the canvas. How much money either makes is nothing to us really as doesn't affect our lives so talking about it is moot. People should just be honest and admit that they invested so much in Pacquiao in some weird sycophantic way and can't deal with his being planked. We've had everything from "lucky punches" to "PEDs! PEDs!". So there just HAS to be another match where he can get revenge, right?

Well, I think it's all in Marquez' hands. He doesn't owe anybody anything and has nothing to prove. If he feels like he can do it again and wants to. Cool. If not, both men should just go their separate ways and be happy with giving the fans a great quadrilogy. Pac's fans need to accept it or get some counselling or something.
            Exactly. "I don't think so, this business is over." - Manny Pacquiao, when asked directly if he would grant Marquez a rematch after fight II. Shook?

Comment

• Originally posted by willybullet View Post
              Exactly. "I don't think so, this business is over." - Manny Pacquiao, when asked directly if he would grant Marquez a rematch after fight II. Shook?
              yet he fought him twice more..jmm when asked about pac v " it's up to my wife and my family"....lol..it aint rocket science!

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
                yet he fought him twice more..jmm when asked about pac v " it's up to my wife and my family"....lol..it aint rocket science!
                Right over your head.

Comment

• Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
                  Probably the best post of the thread. Green one coming chief. That's exactly the way i see it. Too bad it was in response to "strechedidiot". There's no point in wasting time with that piece of crap.

Marquez deserves all the credit in the world. But as a warrior, he should know Pacquiao deserves that rematch too. I know there's a lot of respect between them, and they know real boxing fan are expecting for a 5th.
                  Márquez is not the one that made those t-shirts with the "finished business" legend, obviously Pac had no intentions of fighting him again. ****** Pac should have forced a rematch clause lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    I don't care how you scored it, you're a Pac hating alt, it's pretty much your sole purpose on this board. You claimed there was no dispute about 3, and it was wider than Bradley. I just showed you that 1 is wrong, and 2 is a far fringe opinion.
                    Stop crying willya.....

You posted a link trying to disprove my statement that "most" boxing observers scored that fight for Marquez.

most
                    /mōst/
                    Greatest in amount or degree:

Smarten up.

Comment

• Originally posted by willybullet View Post
                      Exactly, we just got a board full of whiney pac-stains who are still crying because their hype-job got KTFO.

Comment

Working...
                      X