Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Karmazin: Pacquiao Could End Up Like Roy Jones Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    Apperantly, you know very little to nothing about JMM's history.....or Pac's sor that matter.
    I was a JMM fan before I ever became a Pac fan, probably seen more of his fights than you. But just for kicks, erase Pac from his record. What's his best win?

Comment

Won't know until we see. I don't want him to retire on that loss.

Comment

Originally posted by elijahlyric View Post
        Thanks, no doubt Tarver would always be a problem for RJJ, 6'2 slick deceptive speed, good defense & fundamentals as well as good power
        Tarver had everything a fighter needs to be great. Unfortunately, his singled minded obsession made it basically impossible to get up to fight anyone else. Tarver is a prime example of what seperates very good fighters from great ones. Its easy to train hard when you're starving (figuratively speaking). It takes a special breed of cat to stay on top once getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          I was a JMM fan before I ever became a Pac fan, probably seen more of his fights than you. But just for kicks, erase Pac from his record. What's his best win?
          Smoke Gainer was good. The Salido win looks pretty good in 2012. Juan Diaz at lightweight was good. IMO Barerra was past it when JMM beat him. And that's kinda the issue when evaluating JMM. He was frozen outta that golden era of featherweights. Its easy to look at his record and say, hmmmm, not many HOF's in the win column for him. But he beat a ****load of top contenders. And he's kinda the ultimate "what if" guy. And none of it is his fault. Hamed vacated belts to avoid him. Barerra and Morales basically fought each other and acted like he didn't exist. JMM fought and beat the best available guys who would fight him. And at day's end, that's all you can ask him to do.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao got Faquiao'd! Pacquiao quedo Faquiado!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Former IBF junior middleweight champion Roman Karmazin said the most impressive performance of the entire year was Juan Manuel Marquez's sixth round knockout of Manny Pacquiao on December 8th in Las Vegas. Karmazin, who retired last year after suffering a bad knockout at the hands of Osumanu Adama, says Pacquiao could end up like Roy Jones Jr. if he continues to fight on. Jones was never the same after suffering a knockout defeat to Antonio Tarver in 2004. Jones has continued to fight but suffered several more crushing knockout defeats.

[Click Here To Read More]
              Too late, the Bobfather will make a 5th fight.

Marquez will knock Pacquiao The Fuk Out again.

Comment

Roy and Manny, not the same story

I disagree with Karmazin. I think the thing that hurt Roy Jones carreer was not Tarver, but his only heavyweight fight with John Ruiz. Roy Jones won that fight easily, but when he decided to get down again he lost a lot of speed and reflexes. That's why he suddenly was getting hit more often. Roy Jones like the small Ivan Calderon, were fighters that in their prime no one could beat them, because of the speed and the superior reflexes. Once that gone, they started to lose. Age and sudden changes in weight classes will hurt your speed and reflexes very badly (I hope that doesn't happen to Mayweather, which is aging and getting hitting more often than ever). In the other hand, take for example Bernard Hopkins, he is still fighting at almost 48 and looking good, because he never relied on sharp speed or superior reflexes, and the most important thing for him, he stayed almost his entire career at 160 pound, and he was very close to the class weight when not fighting. For me Pacquiao can rebound from his KO. Even that he lost by KO, he was winning the fight and most important, he was fighting one of his best fights since the Cotto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
                  doubt it, roy jones is in his own little diluted world where he doesn't know when to stop, or that he's broke as hell. Pac can retire and live comfortably.
                  Pretty much. Boxers that fight on tend to be broke, not congressman Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    Pac just needs to work on his timing alittle

If you watch the replay you see that he feinted and then thru the jab but the feint was so fast and Marquez had no where to go that he just threw a desperation punch

Bad situation to feint instead of just going for it
                    Watch the fight again that was not a desperation punch... Pac got way too aggressive for his own good he loves to throw the 2 feint right jabs then comes in hard with the left jab... Marquez was just waiting and exploded and Pac never saw the punch coming which will definitely KO you if you don't see it... Marquez did it in the early rounds also but didn't land as solid

Comment

Pac I think is not the same as with other fighters around, that after they were KO’ed coldly, they would never the same again because they were so personal on their fights and their egos were devastated. But if Pac was right when he said, this is what boxing is, one will win and one will lose, and then he just carried this well in a very sportsmanship manner, and nothing personal at all, then he will rise and come back strong next.

I just hope he will not face JMM again. I just hate to see JMM will retire with his well deserved winning will be snatched back by Pac. JMM should retire with his lips smiling in glory while Pac should find out more success after success to other best fighters out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X