Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will the Mayweather camp and fans hype up the Ghost?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least Canelo has 30 million people watching his fight in Mexico and he is known in the US and does good ratings on tv here. The Ghost had like 4500 people at his last fight and it was close to home.

Comment

This is how I see it. Whenever I say I don't like a certain product, I implicitly mean I don't like said product a given price. At the likely $70 price tag (for HD), Mayweather vs Guerrero is an absolutely craptacular fight relative to the cost. Absolutely Horrid. I won't pay for it.

In the grand scheme of things with what's available, it's not anywhere near the worst opponent that Mayweather can choose from. It may even be one of the best available. But it's still sorry mismatch and my demand for Mayweather isn't perfectly inelastic like of some of the Mayweather nuthuggers. If it was a "free" HBO fight, I'd say that's a fine fight and I'd be all for it. Hell, maybe I'd even pay $30 for it. I enjoy watching Mayweather even if he's in a fight I expect him to easily win. But I don't enjoy THAT much to pay $70 for it.

I have completely different standard for Mayweather than I do most fighters. I'll criticize Floyd for weak opposition more so than I'll criticize other fighters for fighting weak opposition. Does this mean Mayweather is being unfairly treated compared to everyone else? Does this mean I'm a "hater?" No, it doesn't. Why? Because other fighters don't charge $70 dollars to be watched. I only have to pay a 10 dollar subscription fee to watch other fighters. I expect more out of a Mayweather fight the same way I expect more from a pricey lamborghini.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        This is how I see it. Whenever I say I don't like a certain product, I implicitly mean I don't like said product a given price. At the likely $70 price tag (for HD), Mayweather vs Guerrero is an absolutely craptacular fight relative to the cost. Absolutely Horrid. I won't pay for it.

In the grand scheme of things with what's available, it's not anywhere near the worst opponent that Mayweather can choose from. It may even be one of the best available. But it's still sorry mismatch and my demand for Mayweather isn't perfectly inelastic like of some of the Mayweather nuthuggers. If it was a "free" HBO fight, I'd say that's a fine fight and I'd be all for it. Hell, maybe I'd even pay $30 for it. I enjoy watching Mayweather even if he's in a fight I expect him to easily win. But I don't enjoy THAT much to pay $70 for it.

I have completely different standard for Mayweather than I do most fighters. I'll criticize Floyd for weak opposition more so than I'll criticize other fighters for fighting weak opposition. Does this mean Mayweather is being unfairly treated compared to everyone else? Does this mean I'm a "hater?" No, it doesn't. Why? Because other fighters don't charge $70 dollars to be watched. I only have to pay a 10 dollar subscription fee to watch other fighters. I expect more out of a Mayweather fight the same way I expect more from a pricey lamborghini.
        Great post!

May I add, since Floyd has 2, maybe 3 fights left in him before he officially calls it a career, fighting someone like Guerrero doesnt do it for real boxing fans. I'm not talking about the Floyd fans who defend his every action. I'm talking about REAL boxing fans that are paying good money to watch a fighter such as Mayweather take on the best most challenging opponent/s available. Is Guerrero the absolute "best" opponent out there for Floyd right now that will give him his biggest challenge? I'd say NO. If I was a big fan of a particular fighter, why would I want to see him in safe fights? I would want to see him thrown in with the lions to see if he's worthy of his title of PFP#1.
        Last edited by Deevel916; 12-28-2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thornton Melon View Post
          How will the Mayweather camp and fans hype up the Ghost?

Oh come on, this thread cant be serious. If beating a Berto that was coming off a 15 month lay off after being exposed as a hypejob by Ortiz doesn't grant you a floyd fight than I don't know what does. He"earned"it

Comment

They'll Hype The Ghost with the beating he gave Berto. Berto I guess is the stepping stone to get a Mayweather fight

Comment

Funny you mention Ortiz OP, I remember just before they announced Ortiz people were saying Floyd was going to duck Ortiz and choose a lesser opponent.

Comment

I stopped at page 2.

Say do any of ya'll remember about a year or two ago when alot of experts mentioned Robert to be the one to beat Floyd? If I recall correctly Bert Sugar, and Manny Steward(RIP to both Legends)both said they believed he would be the one to beat Floyd. They weren't the only ones saying such in those interviews either. If I can find it I'll post it. But this fight has been on the lips of the experts for years now as a possible fight.

Not understanding all the hate for it, being that we are ALL avid fans of the sport and follow it so closely.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                  I stopped at page 2.

Say do any of ya'll remember about a year or two ago when alot of experts mentioned Robert to be the one to beat Floyd? If I recall correctly Bert Sugar, and Manny Steward(RIP to both Legends)both said they believed he would be the one to beat Floyd. They weren't the only ones saying such in those interviews either. If I can find it I'll post it. But this fight has been on the lips of the experts for years now as a possible fight.

Not understanding all the hate for it, being that we are ALL avid fans of the sport and follow it so closely.
                  I believe Duran was asked as well. Searchin for an article. I saw it via video though. I'll look on YouTube for that one too.

Comment

http://www.boxing-news-24.com/2011/1...who-would-win/

They wont let me post the link. There's no dash between boxing and 24.
                    Last edited by Chief2ndzOnly!; 12-28-2012, 11:13 PM.

Comment

They won't. ........................

Comment

Working...
                      X